Can magnesium give heart palpitation?

edoos

Hi,

I'm actually looking to reduce heart palpitation with magnesium or magnesium Taurate, but I have seen each time I took them I got more who seems pretty weird based on all the research out there saying magnesium and magnesium taurate can treat ectopic beats or arrhythmia.

Do some of you have any ideas of what could be the cause of those increase ectopic on magnesium?

miquelangeles

I found salt, B1, B2 and CoQ10 very helpful for palpitations. Taurine can cause tachycardia, in some people it can cause hypotension in others hypertension, sometimes it's gender specific. Magnesium can cause hypotension, which in turn causes compensatory tachycardia.

mrchibbs

Hi,

I'm actually looking to reduce heart palpitation with magnesium or magnesium Taurate, but I have seen each time I took them I got more who seems pretty weird based on all the research out there saying magnesium and magnesium taurate can treat ectopic beats or arrhythmia.

Do some of you have any ideas of what could be the cause of those increase ectopic on magnesium?

Pretty much the opposite. Magnesium will calm the heart.

Too high of an intracellular Ca:Mg ratio will just lead to constant neuromuscular excitation and weird heart problems.

Inability to retain Mg in the cells is due to impaired thyroid function, so everything Ray talks about fixes this issue.

OP
E

edoos

Pretty much the opposite. Magnesium will calm the heart.

Too high of an intracellular Ca:Mg ratio will just lead to constant neuromuscular excitation and weird heart problems.

Inability to retain Mg in the cells is due to impaired thyroid function, so everything Ray talks about fixes this issue.
How can we measure Ca:Mag ratio is there any blood test? I have normal range magnesium level in the blood and my thyroid look fine

mrchibbs

blood tests are useless IMO, go with symptoms and how you feel

L91

Personally I need a b complex along with magnesium or I feel like crap.

StephanF

Forum Supporter
I am taking Zeta Aid daily and as long as I take it, my mood arrhythmia is under control. I posted several times on this forum about it in more detail and the science behind it, so just look through my old posts.

Neeters 27

Hi,

find out WHY you are getting the palpitations in the first place! have your electrolytes checked. mine were from very low potassium, for which i take Rx mq8 potassium daily now, as well, I tried taking chromium supplement for blood sugar as I was pre-diabetic, and THAT gave me terrible palps. it stopped when I stopped taking chromium. I take lots of mag, citrate is best for me as i get constipated. and I take vit D and k2, the dose is 5000 d3, and I eat sea salt LIBERALLY. it actually lowers my blood pressure. low salt is really bad for you and bad medical advice! salt may fix the palpitations, if you are me and a "salty sweater" you need lots of salt when you sweat as you lose so much...especially if over age 50.

daphne134

I found salt, B1, B2 and CoQ10 very helpful for palpitations. Taurine can cause tachycardia, in some people it can cause hypotension in others hypertension, sometimes it's gender specific. Magnesium can cause hypotension, which in turn causes compensatory tachycardia.
I too get heart palps from mag, and from taurine. I am already taking b1, b2 and niacinamide in the AM, and b6 (the good kind) in the PM. Is there anything more to be inferred from the hypotensive reaction to mag and taurine, or, just don't take them (especially at night)? Thank you!

Neeters 27

I got terrible palpitations when I was erroneously supplementing with Chromium GTF to help with type 2 diabetes. since I stopped, I am all good. Low electrolytes can cause palps, so can low thyroid and low sex hormones. b6 is stimulating and should be taken early in the morning if possible. I know my mag levels are Low if i get palps, so I take magnesium, the citrate kind, as I tend to get constipated and it helps loosen the stools. I take 3000 mgs taurine for over 10 years now, it cured my fatty liver and unblocked my sludge in gallbladder. it is truly a wonderful thing and I avoided galbladder removal thanks to Taurine.