Can Magnesium Feed/spread Fungal Infections?

Amazoniac

Feeds anything. In your case it might be related to the intestinal sulfur issue.
- Temporary Strict Iron Avoidance And Its Potential Advantages

Have you tried to ingest antidote C to bowel intolerance for a few days? Depending on your diet, you won't need a lot (at once) if you can take a decent amount on various meals throughout the day. The temporary abundance can compensate for the debt, help to correct the problem and allow normal or slightly elevated intakes to maintain the state afterwards.

Last edited:

Amazoniac

OP
C
I took life extension k2 and magensium oxide for a few days last weekend and since i have had flare up of itchy scalp dermatitis and slight itch on genital area. The k2 does contain mk7 perhaps the fermented kind? Its annoying because the magnesium had me feeling fantastic.

ShotTrue

I took life extension k2 and magensium oxide for a few days last weekend and since i have had flare up of itchy scalp dermatitis and slight itch on genital area. The k2 does contain mk7 perhaps the fermented kind? Its annoying because the magnesium had me feeling fantastic.
Are you sure it's not hormone related? K2 can decrease estrogen, I just know from experience these supplements can be powerful on hormones

OP
C
Perhaps. I will stop both supps and see if i can get back to some equilibrium. Could hormones potentially cause this kind of dermatitis flare up? There is so much misinformation out there on candida etc it is hard to work out. I do know however that this recurring scalp issue flares up with a lot of saturated animal fat. Consuming monounsaturated fat and copper seems to keep it at bay. I use a selenium based shampoo. The genital issue is a new one however.

ShotTrue

Perhaps. I will stop both supps and see if i can get back to some equilibrium. Could hormones potentially cause this kind of dermatitis flare up? There is so much misinformation out there on candida etc it is hard to work out. I do know however that this recurring scalp issue flares up with a lot of saturated animal fat. Consuming monounsaturated fat and copper seems to keep it at bay. I use a selenium based shampoo. The genital issue is a new one however.
It's possible, scalp inflammation as a result of inflammation incurred from a hormone imbalance

Max23

I think the itch and skin damage is a detox reaction. When the liver can´t detox through the intestines, it sends the toxins back to the blood. That is the enterohepatic cycle. Toxins entering the blood cause the itch. Why the scalp? I don´t know. I mainly have the urogenital area for that. I don´t think it is the magnesium, but K2. I think it has a positive effect on the liver, but the liver can not detox very well. It might be due to some sort of a blockage or because of a metabolic problem with bile. Ketogenic diet causes often the keto itch and rash. Which I think is due to depleted bile. That is why the problem increases with a lot of saturated fat. You can test both supplements separately and see which one it is. Also you can test other detox supplements like activated charcoal, vitamin C or liposomal glutathion to see if there is change. You could also check out the work of Chris Shade and Andreas Moritz of what they have said about detoxing and liver. You could test your bilirubin level as well.

ShotTrue

I think the itch and skin damage is a detox reaction. When the liver can´t detox through the intestines, it sends the toxins back to the blood. That is the enterohepatic cycle. Toxins entering the blood cause the itch. Why the scalp? I don´t know. I mainly have the urogenital area for that. I don´t think it is the magnesium, but K2. I think it has a positive effect on the liver, but the liver can not detox very well. It might be due to some sort of a blockage or because of a metabolic problem with bile. Ketogenic diet causes often the keto itch and rash. Which I think is due to depleted bile. That is why the problem increases with a lot of saturated fat. You can test both supplements separately and see which one it is. Also you can test other detox supplements like activated charcoal, vitamin C or liposomal glutathion to see if there is change. You could also check out the work of Chris Shade and Andreas Moritz of what they have said about detoxing and liver. You could test your bilirubin level as well.
Yeah I would simply test the liver, often covered by insurance

OP
C
Interesting. I will definitely look into the liver. I drink beetroot juice every evening and i find that it is very helpful with the liver and bile.

I do really want to try magnesium again due to the positive response i had. So hopefully it is the k2. Is it possible the k2 lowered vitamin d and that has caused some kind of immune reaction on a fungal/bacterial level?

MarcelZD

Yeah, yeast grows best in the presence of high magnesium ions and low calcium ions. Difficult to tell what happens in the body though.

ShotTrue

magnesium chloride (mag oil) on the skin is really well absorbed. I would take Vit D with the K2

ddjd

Interesting. I will definitely look into the liver. I drink beetroot juice every evening and i find that it is very helpful with the liver and bile.

I do really want to try magnesium again due to the positive response i had. So hopefully it is the k2. Is it possible the k2 lowered vitamin d and that has caused some kind of immune reaction on a fungal/bacterial level?
Out of interest are you still consuming beetroots every day?? Did you notice any issues with high nitric oxide or oxelalates.

I'm eating a few beetroots a day at the moment because they help massively with my gallbladder problems. But I'm a bit worried about the effects of oxelalates and nitric oxide

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals