Can Long-term High Vitamin D Cause Weird Skull/forehead Growth?

baccheion

@baccheion:
Averages
Magnesium: 395 mg
Calcium 900 mg - 1g
Phosphorus 1600 mg
So 400-600 mg magnesium to get to a 1:1 or 1:0.75 Ca:Mg ratio. Vitamin D increase calcium bioavailability (ie, intake may be effectively higher than it appears), though I'm not sure if it just does the same with phosphorus. On the other hand, phosphorus is mainly associated with vitamin A.

rei

With the amount of reports of pain from taking "high" dose D i felt compelling to share my experience. When i started taking 10-20k IU daily i sometimes got slight back ache with the 20k dose. Over the next 6 months i found out i have (edit: unrelated) whole body calcification, and after half a year of work to decalcify, some of the last joints/tendons that got full moving range again were the ones that first had ached with D. I have written some posts about this process on the forums so i won't get into more details here.

Last edited:

baccheion

With the amount of reports of pain from taking "high" dose D i felt compelling to share my experience. When i started taking 10-20k IU daily i sometimes got slight back ache with the 20k dose. Over the next 6 months i found out i have whole body calcification, and after half a year of work to decalcify, some of the last joints/tendons that got full moving range again were the ones that first started aching with D. I have written some posts about this process on the forums so i won't get into more details here.
Did you take with vitamin K2 and magnesium? Vitamin A?

BigChad

With the amount of reports of pain from taking "high" dose D i felt compelling to share my experience. When i started taking 10-20k IU daily i sometimes got slight back ache with the 20k dose. Over the next 6 months i found out i have whole body calcification, and after half a year of work to decalcify, some of the last joints/tendons that got full moving range again were the ones that first started aching with D. I have written some posts about this process on the forums so i won't get into more details here.

it lowers ceruloplasmin. thats probably too much.
maybe 5k IU d3 and 4kIu A a day?

So 400-600 mg magnesium to get to a 1:1 or 1:0.75 Ca:Mg ratio. Vitamin D increase calcium bioavailability (ie, intake may be effectively higher than it appears), though I'm not sure if it just does the same with phosphorus. On the other hand, phosphorus is mainly associated with vitamin A.

D is supposed to raise calcium, sodium, and lower phosphorus, potassium, magnesium. A does the opposite.

Someone on here said vitamin K2 lowers both calcium and phosphate? Any thoughts on if thats true and if so how that works. if it lowers calcium and phosphate equally

baccheion

D is supposed to raise calcium, sodium, and lower phosphorus, potassium, magnesium. A does the opposite.

Someone on here said vitamin K2 lowers both calcium and phosphate? Any thoughts on if thats true and if so how that works. if it lowers calcium and phosphate equally
One way would be via activating osteocalcin, something that increases calcium deposition into bones. Calcium and phosphorus are the primary mineral components of bone. Unsure past that..

BigChad

Take 400-600 mg magnesium as a supplement to increase overall intake. 200 mg 2-3x/day or 600 mg before bed.

which types do you like, besides oxide, orotate, citrate, malate, glycinate, theronate.
is aspartate fine to use? 200mg a day.
not sure what other forms since I dont want to add more aspartate, taurate or any of the other mentioned forms

do you know if osteocalcin reduces prolactin, and if osteocalcin helps deposit phosphorus into bones as well?

rei

You misunderstood me. The pain was from the vitamin D starting to repair the pre-existing condition. In total it took 8 months to heal. Unless i was able to sunbathe daily i would certainly have continued it once i realized it was healing pain.

lampofred

You misunderstood me. The pain was from the vitamin D starting to repair the pre-existing condition. In total it took 8 months to heal. Unless i was able to sunbathe daily i would certainly have continued it once i realized it was healing pain.

I misunderstood it as well. It seemed to me like you were blaming Vitamin D for the calcification, not saying it was repairing a pre-existing condition.

Frankdee20

which types do you like, besides oxide, orotate, citrate, malate, glycinate, theronate.
is aspartate fine to use? 200mg a day.
not sure what other forms since I dont want to add more aspartate, taurate or any of the other mentioned forms

do you know if osteocalcin reduces prolactin, and if osteocalcin helps deposit phosphorus into bones as well?

There is a nice formulation of Magnesium with the Oxide, Citrate, Malate variants in one capsule. It is called Tri Magnesium - Integrative Therapuetics Brand, and one capsule provides 300 MG (RARE FOR ANYTHING OTHER THAN OXIDE). Minimal excipients, and about 20 dollars US for 90 capsules. I do not know what percentage of each makes up the formula.

Frankdee20

Aspartate contains low elemental Magnesium by weight - similar to Glycinate, and you'd end up ingesting too much Aspartic Acid.

BigChad

@BigChad I took Mag Glycinate (Bisglycinate and Oxide) in the past.
Has one of the highest bioavailability.
Think Theronate is also great.

do you mean buffered magnesium glycinate? magnesium glycinate by itself has good bioavailibility but oxide has poor bioavailibility. there are quite a few 'buffered' products on the market which are usually more oxide

There is a nice formulation of Magnesium with the Oxide, Citrate, Malate variants in one capsule. It is called Tri Magnesium - Integrative Therapuetics Brand, and one capsule provides 300 MG (RARE FOR ANYTHING OTHER THAN OXIDE). Minimal excipients, and about 20 dollars US for 90 capsules. I do not know what percentage of each makes up the formula.

if that is the order the forms of magnesium are listed in that means the majority is oxide, there could be anywhere from 34% to 95%+ oxide in those capsules.
also citrate/malate both have irritated the gut when ive tried them, i also heard citrate lowers ceruloplasmin and depletes copper.

glycinate causes weird fatigue and insomnia issues, ive only found aspartate to be free of noticeable side effects, no gi distress or anything like that either. i havent tried taurate and threonate

Aspartate contains low elemental Magnesium by weight - similar to Glycinate, and you'd end up ingesting too much Aspartic Acid.

that sucks, do you know how much? I found for glycinate, there is 700mg glycine per 100mg elemental magnesium.
its weird that aspartate doesnt cause noticeable effects or gi distress?

Ray mentioned that the amount of aspartate in a tablet of magnesium aspartate is very small but im not sure if he is up to date with modern supplements and knows how much is in there

lampofred

Is it constipating you? Even mild gut problems can probably change facial shape.