Can lisuride help with cushings disease with pituitary gland tumor ?

Barbarossa

Hey guys,

(Iam male 28 years from Germany)
can lisuride help with cushings disease and pituitary gland tumor? Is it potent like Cabergoline?

I am taking Cabergoline 2x 0,25 mg a week but I have read bad things about it for example fibrosis and such things?
I also take Cyproheptadine, progesterone, aspirin against the serotonin effects like fibrosis.

Should I don’t worry and take Cabergolin or should I change to lisuride?

haidut , can you help me also ?!

Thanks guys.

Mito

Yep, the anti-cortisol of metergoline is given. Most anti-serotonin drugs and some of the dopamine agonists like lisuride and bromocriptine, can be used for Cushing syndrome. There are quite a few studies on that. I suspect metergoline may be a bit more effective than cypro for cortisol as it had potent antidepressant effect even as a single dose weekly.
They are all relatively anti-serotonergic and potent dopamine agonists. Serotoni antagonists are known to lower ACTH, that is why they are used for Cushing syndrome. I posted a few studies on the forum about that but a quick PubMed search for "cyproheptadine cushing", "lisuride cushing" and "bromocriptine cushing" will provide plenty of data.
Dopamine agonists (and dopamine) inhibit TPH and thus lower systemic serotonin synthesis, which will also lead to drop in ACTH.
Dopamine and dopamine agonists inhibit serotonin synthesis
How Cyproheptadine Lowers Stress
Cyproheptadine Lowers Cortisol, Endorphins, HGH, Aldosterone

Some of these studies above focus on cyproheptadine, which is a very different molecule than the ergots but like I said the same effects have been seen with the ergots and this is why they are used to treat Cushing syndrome and why bromocriptine is approved as diabetes II treatment in USA. Actually, the official mechanism of action of bromo for diabetes II is listed as unknown, but knowing that it is alpha antagonist and thus opposes adrenaline, it means it lower lipolysis and FFA and that last part has been confirmed in many studies some of which I posted in the recent gbolduev thread.
The entire stress cascade starts in the hypothalamus and there is strong evidence that it is serotonin that drives the cascade and is in fact an earlier trigger than even CRH.
No, as it has been used to induce remission in Cushing syndrome even though it is less effective than cyproheptadine.
Effect of short and long-term administration of lisuride in Cushing’s disease