Can invisible mould make mycotoxins?

Bluemachine

I think I read that only certain types of mould can make mycotoxins but I can't find any specifics, I have a book that I got wet a while back and never thought anything of it other than it being a bit of a pain to read with the crinkled pages but I got really itchy one night after reading it. I thought perhaps there might be some invisible mould on it (apparently that's a thing) & the mycotoxins (if there were any) were irritating me. Sound plausible or false correlation?

MrGilbert

I don't see the mold on store bought coffee grinds but its enough to screw me up for the day. Does it have a smell?

DoinItRight

It is possible that there is no mold in but still mycotoxins. Thats why it is recommended to get rid of personal belonging and furniture when moving from a water damaged building.
Your experience may be due to mycotoxin toxicity or simply an allergic reaction to it.

OP
B

Bluemachine

I don't see the mold on store bought coffee grinds but its enough to screw me up for the day. Does it have a smell?
good point but might that be due to the visible mould being removed during processing yet the invisible mycotoxins remain? I'm not familiar with how coffee is grown & produced. No noticeable smell that I remember.

DoinItRight

Mycotoxins are approximately 0.1 micron (same size as a Covid-19 virus).
I drop you this paper edge picture to have an idea of the scale.. (now you understand why you don’t see them)
They are very resistant to time and even with extremely high/low temperature it’s difficult to get rid of them

kjpdhnuh4oz11.jpg

Last edited:
OP
B

Bluemachine

Mycotoxins are approximately 0.1 micron (same size as a Covid-19 virus).
I drop you this paper edge picture to have an idea of the scale.. (now you understand why you don’t see them)
They are very resistant to time and even with extremely high/low temperature it’s difficult to get rid of them

kjpdhnuh4oz11.jpg
my question was how would there be mycotoxins present without there also being mould? Sure, if I removed visible mould from the book I could see how there could still be mycotoxins present as I'm aware mycotoxins are invisible (atleast to the naked eye) but my original question was can invisible mould create mycotoxins as there is & never was any visible mould

BearWithMe

Oral borax is a not so well known (but extremely effective) pathogen/microbial destroyer - yeasts, aflatoxins, candida, biofilms, mycotoxin etc.
Anything else I've used hasn't really come close to borax, including iodine.
There's so much more to borax that meets the eye.
What dose of borax would you recommend for treating yeast infection and destroying biofilms?

onesunnydaize

Oral borax is a not so well known (but extremely effective) pathogen/microbial destroyer - yeasts, aflatoxins, candida, biofilms, mycotoxin etc.
Anything else I've used hasn't really come close to borax, including iodine.
There's so much more to borax that meets the eye.
Thank you, I am happy to hear it has been effective for you! I am looking into it more right now.

Mold is a b**ch.

This topic is way too deep for one post, I'd recommend you reading the work of Erik Johnson and Lisa Petrison.

I agree with this very much. Erik and Lisa are geniuses