Can I Work Out If My Body Is Wonky?

milk

I probably have scoliosis. I usually carry something with my right hand because my right arm is stiff when I walk, like it's in a different axis. When I walk I have to put the pressure on my heels, not my toes, to feel grounded. I have craniofacial issues too. Can I still hit the gym? Could building up muscle without addressing these issues first make them worse?

Kyle M

You probably should start slow, like body weight exercises, and do things that make your body feel better. I have always liked this mobility program by a guy Steve Maxwell, I bought these DVDs like ten years ago and still use it occasionally. Something like that might be good to start with.

Gl;itch.e

PROBABLY have scoliosis? Are you going on a gut hunch or have you been diagnosed or are you that "wonky" that its a sure thing?

Greg says

probably make things worse. you need to strengthen/stretch the correct muscles. i would get assessed to identify what the imbalances are. your body is compensating for these imbalances. imagine starting an exercise program with the below posture... from my own experience these imbalances become more apparent the older you get. build a sound foundation.

311298_431791630221376_528023303_n.jpg

OP
M

milk

Thanks guys.

I guess I'll see an osteopath first.

There's something called I think postural orthodontics which I've been wanting to try. Very interesting.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals