Can I use vitamin K-2 (mk-7) to help fixing the liver?

OP
milk_lover

milk_lover

Amazoniac said:
post 112728 Milk lover, I didn't feel anything from mk7 (not even long term), whereas with mk4 the effects (the most reported ones) were noticeable. Just my personal exp though..
I know it's isolated but it might be derived from GM soy, rarely chickpeas, if that's something that bothers you.
noo. Here my money goes into trash :lol: Soy oil is the first ingredient listed. I will experiment with it and see how it goes.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
milk_lover

milk_lover

XPlus said:
post 112733 There's a unique feeling of calmness to it.
I wake up in a better mood and more energised.
It seems to effectively help the liver hold more glycogen. Perhaps by lowering FFAs, the liver is given a chance to rest and heal.
If it has fillers, I'd be very careful with it. Otherwise, taking dermally is much safer than orally.
I had loose stools from using a 100mg of a pure supplement but no problem when rubbing it on my skin.
You can better observe any reactions to it when you're not changing much in your daily lifestyle and diet routine at one.
Looking at the bottle I bought, it has, besides niacinamide, dicalcium phosphate, cellulose, and whole brown rice powder (oryza sativa). I hope the fillers are not that bad. Yeah I need to experiment with it alone without other supplements and see how I feel. I do many experiments at the same time, so it's hard for me to tell if it's working positively for me or not.
XPlus said:
post 112733 Are you able to get orders from iherb.com? - you'd probably find better supplements there than at your local GNC store.
That's my problem. The website is banned in my country for some reason :roll:

XPlus

milk_lover said:
post 112801
Looking at the bottle I bought, it has, besides niacinamide, dicalcium phosphate, cellulose, and whole brown rice powder (oryza sativa). I hope the fillers are not that bad. Yeah I need to experiment with it alone without other supplements and see how I feel. I do many experiments at the same time, so it's hard for me to tell if it's working positively for me or not.
XPlus said:
post 112733 Are you able to get orders from iherb.com? - you'd probably find better supplements there than at your local GNC store.
That's my problem. The website is banned in my country for some reason :roll:

None of those I would be glad to take but try to dissolve it some alcohol and see how it goes.
Some junk might settle down.
If it doesn't, use only dermally. That way I think you can skip having the rice and cellulose irritate your gut.
I'm unsure about whether dicalcium phosphate can be absorbed through the skin, though.

This website claims the it's been unlocked recently.
http://www.expatwoman.com/forum/topic23 ... erbae.aspx

You can unblock it using VPN or try another store like vitacost and swansons.

OP
milk_lover

milk_lover

XPlus I was excited when I went to UAE iherb, so I went ahead and created an account there. I tried to order K2 by thorne and this is what I got:

AHAH my dreams crashed right there!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-12-05 at 10.58.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-12-05 at 10.58.21 PM.png
    40.7 KB · Views: 198

YuraCZ

milk_lover said:
post 112817 XPlus I was excited when I went to UAE iherb, so I went ahead and created an account there. I tried to order K2 by thorne and this is what I got:

I have thorne now and I take 3 drops a day for couple of months and I think consuming homemade natto had better effect.. Next time I will buy mk7 from natto not synthetic mk4..

Brian

YuraCZ said:
post 112821
milk_lover said:
post 112817 XPlus I was excited when I went to UAE iherb, so I went ahead and created an account there. I tried to order K2 by thorne and this is what I got:

I have thorne now and I take 3 drops a day for couple of months and I think consuming homemade natto had better effect.. Next time I will buy mk7 from natto not synthetic mk4..

Yura do you do the drops transdermally? I notice much better results that way, similar to mk7 orally.

YuraCZ

Brian said:
post 112828
YuraCZ said:
post 112821
milk_lover said:

Yura do you do the drops transdermally? I notice much better results that way, similar to mk7 orally.
Under the tongue.. How transdermally? Just drop on the skin? Where?

Brian

YuraCZ said:
post 112829
Brian said:
post 112828
YuraCZ said:
post 112821
milk_lover said:

Under the tongue.. How transdermally? Just drop on the skin? Where?

I drop it on one wrist and then rub it into the other. Although it's probably not fully absorbed it seems to keep blood levels high for more than 24 hours, which I think is better than very high levels for just 2 hours.

Although, I did seem to get very good results from a cheap Life Extension Super K knock off brand (Vitacost Ultra K2 complex) which contains 200mcg mk7.

OP
milk_lover

milk_lover

YuraCZ said:
post 112821
milk_lover said:

Interesting n=1 experiment. This motivates me to go on with my mk-7 experiment.