Can I Take Methylene Blue With Melatonin ?

tara

magnesiumania

Why didnt anyone just asware the poor guy omg....can anyone direct me to at least WHICH article Peat may give you a clue about this? Or is it that nobody knows or have any idea?

tara

Serotonin: Effects in disease, aging and inflammation
Serotonin, depression, and aggression - The problem of brain energy.
Tryptophan, serotonin, and aging

Why didnt anyone just asware the poor guy omg....can anyone direct me to at least WHICH article Peat may give you a clue about this? Or is it that nobody knows or have any idea?
I didn't have a short answer to give that I thought would be helpful at the time- it's complicated. On that article page, it's easy to find Peat's articles related to serotonin. It's valuable to read some of Peat's writing directly, rather than just rely on 2nd or third hand interpretations and simplifications.

Which article would be best to read first might depend on what kind of trouble you are most interested in. They all contain more than clues.

However, here's a simplification of my understanding:
Yes, chronic elevated serotonin levels can probably contribute to some difficulties.
It's been widely promoted as beneficial in recent decades, but it may be more useful to think of it in terms of being one of those substances that can rise to higher levels in the face of some kinds of stress. Like other stress-response substances (eg cortisol, adrenaline, estrogen), it's useful in it's place , but not something that's ideal to have chronically elevated. In chronic excess, it can probably have some negative effects on brain function, as well as the rest of the physical body.

I'm no expert, and even the people who appear to be experts don't necessarily know all about how it works, and how various other substances affect that.
It does have effects in at least blood vessels, gut motility, cognitive processes, possibly on development of fibrotic conditions, ...

If you want to know more, you could either search Peat's articles, or search the forum, or ask more specific questions and see if someone wants to answer you.