Can I recover from peripheral artery disease / Venous insuficiency?

Vicecaz

The more I observe my symptoms, the more it seems I have developed venous insufficiency, or peripheral artery disease.

My symptoms:
-Standing up hurts. I need to walk otherwise my legs feel odd, weak, achy.
-I used to have edemas on my feet after playing sports like soccer, but it's been a year since I last had them.
-Socks used to leave indent after I removed them. For around a year. As I'm freaking out, I spent the last 2 months increasing my cardio training, running 3/4 times a week. It seems that these socks indents subsided.
-Loss of appetite (I used to be incredibly hungry)
-Feeling tired all the time, eating sometimes put me on a semi-coma state where I need to lay down for 2 hours before being able to be active again
-I had severe hair loss when these symptoms first appeared. It stopped and it seems that it's slowly growing back.
-Playing soccer, I used to be fast, endurant. I just feel so weak on the pitch. Sometimes having to stop playing because I just can't continue.

These symptoms appeared a year ago. The possible causes are likely to be the HCG protocol I followed for 7 months, followed by a quick 1 week low dose proviron. At the same time, I did not sleep much, had a sedentary lifestyle, and smoked cigars occasionally. In retrospect it seems completely absurd to mix these unhealthy lifestyle components together. I had been overly confident and I'm paying a hefty price for it unfortunately. So this combo seemed to have brought me where I am today.

Trying to keep a positive outlook, the fact that the socks indents subsided after one year of suffering from them is a net positive. As well as the edemas.

I will visit a cardiologist next month to perform an doppler ultrasound and a ankle brachial index.

But honestly, I am scared. Every doctors/clinics is saying that these veinous diseases can't be reversed.

Could anyone recommend anything or share his experience?

tankasnowgod

But honestly, I am scared. Every doctors/clinics is saying that these veinous diseases can't be reversed.
Never believe them when they say something like this. Honestly, they can't know that it "can't" be reversed, and are basically admitting they don't know how to reverse it. Even if they diagnosed you with this condition, and you do something that seems to reverse or "cure" it, they will be more likely to say their initial diagnosis was incorrect, rather than that you found a "cure."
As far as the Edema related symptoms, you might want to look into Inclined Bed Therapy. Andrew Fletcher described people having success reversing some of the symptoms you describe-

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x68PLE8MXJE

Also, you mention loss of appetite. This could have caused a number of issues in itself, but I think low protein intake might be a big one. In the Minnesota Starvation Experiment, many of the participants got the edema you described (and I think many of your other symptoms, too). They did a protein refeed meal, and many saw significant improvements in edema just from one high protein meal. Albumin is necessary to to keep veins working properly, and if you have low albumin (likely from low protein), this might be the main cause of the edema you see, and maybe several other issues.

You should ask your doctor to do an albumin test, and I believe they even have albumin injections.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lHsT0FKbng

I have had a bit of success with Urea. This could be something useful, too. I've seen quite a few studies where Urea leads to fairly rapid loss of edema or ascites.

yerrag

I think that veins need metabolic energy to keep from dilating or sagging outwards. Unlike arteries, where metabolic energy is needed to let it dilate or stretch out wider in order to accommodate higher pressure.

So metabolic health is important to have that energy to keep the veins in instead of out. So all the things needed for metabolic health applies to veins. Vricose veins are but a symptom of poor metabolic health.

Good blood sugar control, optimal acid base balance, and warm temperatures are some indicators of good metabolism.

It also helps to have enough sulfur in the body to produce cholesteryl sulfate, which Stefanie Seneff's theory would have it help drive blood flow thru veins that are lacking the motive force of high pressure. This means there is enough cholesterol and sulfur in the body, and sunlight, which would produce near the skin cholesteryl sulfate as well as vitamin D. It helps that the insulin levels are not too high, as that inhibits the conversion of cholesterol.

Elie

Forum Supporter
The more I observe my symptoms, the more it seems I have developed venous insufficiency, or peripheral artery disease.

My symptoms:
-I used to have edemas on my feet after playing sports like soccer, but it's been a year since I last had them.
-Socks used to leave indent after I removed them. For around a year. As I'm freaking out, I spent the last 2 months increasing my cardio training, running 3/4 times a week. It seems that these socks indents subsided.
-Feeling tired all the time, eating sometimes put me on a semi-coma state where I need to lay down for 2 hours before being able to be active again
-I had severe hair loss when these symptoms first appeared. It stopped and it seems that it's slowly growing back.
-Playing soccer, I used to be fast, endurant. I just feel so weak on the pitch. Sometimes having to stop playing because I just can't continue.

These symptoms appeared a year ago. The possible causes are likely to be the HCG protocol I followed for 7 months, followed by a quick 1 week low dose proviron. At the same time, I did not sleep much, had a sedentary lifestyle, and smoked cigars occasionally. In retrospect it seems completely absurd to mix these unhealthy lifestyle components together. I had been overly confident and I'm paying a hefty price for it unfortunately. So this combo seemed to have brought me where I am today.

Trying to keep a positive outlook, the fact that the socks indents subsided after one year of suffering from them is a net positive. As well as the edemas.

I will visit a cardiologist next month to perform an doppler ultrasound and a ankle brachial index.

Could anyone recommend anything or share his experience

Are you jabbed for covid?

OP
V

Vicecaz

@tankasnowgod Thank you for your answer and reassurance!
Protein deficiency is out of the table. I eat fish or meat at every meal. Loss of appetite is a common symptom when there is fluid in tissues—usually caused by heart failure.
I suspect I had ascites at a certain point too because my abdomen would look really, really swollen after eating.

I will definitely look into Urea and Inclined Bed Therapy! Many thanks again for these suggestions :)

@yerrag Interesting. I tried to improve my metabolic health these past months, as well as opposing estrogen -> Taking Mg/K chloride, Salt, Vit E, lots of protein, adaptogenic/androgenic herbs, weight lifting, B1/B2/B3/B6, Acerola, Taurine, Glycine, Tudca, Bile acid factors, ginger, cinnamon, and recently added Progesterone and androsterone. The thing is that those things were ever sufficient to tackle the extreme fatigue I have. Eve after 9 hours of sleep, I would be extremely tired with no drive. This is when I started to suspect "mechanical" blood circulation issues.

HCG can induce hormonal changes, estrogen dominance, hence oedema/fluid retention in some. But it usually stops at cessation. It did not in my case, so I strongly suspect something is off with my heart. Even though I never suffered from chest pain or shortness of breath.

@Elie No, no jab.

Thank you everyone for these answers. I really appreciate your time and suggestions.

ironfist

Samesies here. Pitting edema in legs, shortness of breath, post exertional tiredness is bad.

Mine is either from the vaccine or taking large doses of Wobenzym. This happened close together.

OP
V

Vicecaz

Samesies here. Pitting edema in legs, shortness of breath, post exertional tiredness is bad.

Mine is either from the vaccine or taking large doses of Wobenzym. This happened close together.
Did you do a blood test by any chance? I'd be interested in comparing yours with mine

Shortness of breath is not something that I suffer from

Permanently getting these symptoms from Wobenzym would be almost unheard of, no? Did you encounter similar stories after taking Wobenzym?

ironfist

Did you do a blood test by any chance? I'd be interested in comparing yours with mine

Shortness of breath is not something that I suffer from

Permanently getting these symptoms from Wobenzym would be almost unheard of, no? Did you encounter similar stories after taking Wobenzym?
I got lots of blood work after this started. Near monthly comp metabolic panels, cbc, lipid, urinanalysis.

Hs-crp
Bnp
D-dimer

Stress tests
Kidney ultrasound

Everything normal

ironfist

I'm uncertain the way in which enzymes work. I stopped taking wobenzym because I saw studies that using pancreas enzymes can decrease production of pancreas enzymes, and that sounded bad -- give yourself epi? -- so I stopped.

I wonder if after reading stuff here, some plaque chipped off and got lodged somewhere thus causing circulation problems?

Not as likely as covid related probably.

yerrag

I'm uncertain the way in which enzymes work. I stopped taking wobenzym because I saw studies that using pancreas enzymes can decrease production of pancreas enzymes, and that sounded bad -- give yourself epi? -- so I stopped.
I'm not aware using enzymes can cause the pancreas to lose its ability to make enzymes.

There is even an doctor I read long ago who advocates minimizing the need for the pancreas to make enzymes for digestion in order to conserve what he thinks is a limited supply that pancreas have in making enzymes in one's lifetime. Which is the reason he recommends eating raw meat.

But I don't necessarily agree with him. And In don't think Peat would either as he is against this idea of us having a limited supply of whatever, which he has spoken about in regard to limited heartbeats in an lifetime which the low metabolism ideology believes in.

Back to your point, it doesn't make sense that your using enzymes would take away from the pancreas its ability to make enzymes. The only reason I find plausible is that the external enzymes would make the pancreas not need to produce enzymes, and if this is happening always, then the pancreas would lose its ability to make enzymes.

But that would not happen because I don't believe your taking enzymes would be of such quantity and for such duration to totally replace the pancreas' production of enzymes.

I think that kind of thinking is meant to dissuade us from using external enzymes.

oxphoser

My symptoms:

How about bag breathing to increase CO2 and get more oxygen into your cells? Dr Peat talks about it on:

KMUD Herb Doctors - Altitude July 2013​

There is a transcript of the show on this forum.

Last edited:
OP
V

Vicecaz

A quick update:

I am still suffering heavily from leg cramps/pain after exercise. I played soccer for 1 hour two days ago, the last 30 were hell as I couldn't run as I wanted to, felt terribly heavy, crampy.
2 days have passed and I am still feeling the soreness from that soccer game. I used to be willing to start a second game right after a game.

It's hard to describe but my buttocks, thighs and calves are sore and sometimes throbbing. When i use a stationary bike for ten minutes, I can barely feel my leg by the end of the session and need 1/2 minute to be able to walk before not being afraid to fall down due to this.

I have tried a few herbs and supplements over these past months: Serrapeptase, nattokinase, vitamin E topically, Mg Glycinate, Pink salt, KCl, Pine bark, Vitamin C/Lysine/Prolin, Horse chestnut, Gingko.

I might not have given some in this list a fair shot but they did not make a tremendous difference anyway.

I'll probably start exercising every day even if the pain from a previous session is unbearable, I refuse to live like this at 26. I have also started wearing compression socks.

Any suggestions? Do these symptoms seem familiar to anyone?

OP
V

Vicecaz

I have tried Allthiamin (400mg) and Thiamin many times.. I wish it were a thiamin deficiency but it seems it isn't

Bluebell

What did your test results from the doctor say?

Would be good to identify the root cause of your symptoms, such as:
- furred up arteries - could try vitamin K4 or K7
- thick blood with clots in - an alternative to nattokinase is eating some natto sometimes, it's soy so that's not ideal, but you only eat around 50g and the enzyme effect is powerful and it contains a lot of K7
- how are your cholesterol levels? policosanol could help if issues

Did you ever think about COVID infection as another possible root cause, even if seemingly asymptomatic? Causing clotting.

Good luck in sorting it. Another idea is to try dry body brushing with a cactus body brush - very very gently, don't make the mistake of pushing too hard - you do it in long strokes towards the heart up your legs, and the whole body in the same way. There are videos online. It encourages lymph flow and I think blood flow too

yerrag

A quick update:

I am still suffering heavily from leg cramps/pain after exercise. I played soccer for 1 hour two days ago, the last 30 were hell as I couldn't run as I wanted to, felt terribly heavy, crampy.
2 days have passed and I am still feeling the soreness from that soccer game. I used to be willing to start a second game right after a game.

It's hard to describe but my buttocks, thighs and calves are sore and sometimes throbbing. When i use a stationary bike for ten minutes, I can barely feel my leg by the end of the session and need 1/2 minute to be able to walk before not being afraid to fall down due to this.

I have tried a few herbs and supplements over these past months: Serrapeptase, nattokinase, vitamin E topically, Mg Glycinate, Pink salt, KCl, Pine bark, Vitamin C/Lysine/Prolin, Horse chestnut, Gingko.

I might not have given some in this list a fair shot but they did not make a tremendous difference anyway.

I'll probably start exercising every day even if the pain from a previous session is unbearable, I refuse to live like this at 26. I have also started wearing compression socks.

Any suggestions? Do these symptoms seem familiar to anyone?
That goes back to your metabolism. As poor metabolism has a large effect on your acid base balance. This is related to your body's ability to produce enough CO2 from good sugar metabolism. And with acid base balance, the iingress/egress of calcium into your cells is well regulated by having an adequate amount of potassium in your cell membranes (I still use this term although there are no such things as cell membrances, as it really is an energy field). How much calcium is in your cell relative to the calcium outside your cell varies, and this also varies the electrical gradient that enables your muscles to contract and to relax in a timely manner. When this contraction is not followed by a timely relaxation of the muscles, you experiience cramps. The heart being a muscle also, if you are prone to suffering from cramps, it is also likely your heart does not pump very well although this is not as eviident as in your experiencing cramps.

I've had cramps before regularly, especially when swimming. When it's cold at night, I would have cramps. After fixing my metaolism, they graduallyy went away that it's been awhile since I've had one.

But last year I had terrible cramps, when I had a fever, which I don't consider to be due to a metabolic primary cause.It was microbial, but it evenntually affects my metabolism and my acid base balance.

A lot of times doctors will say you lack potassium. But it's not so much a lack of potassium as much as potassium being in the wrong place. Instead of the potassium being inside the cell, it is outside because the body needs the potassium outside of it to compensate for acid base imbalance. That s often the case with cramps.. Taking more potassium alone doesnn't address the cramp issue, you need to fix your metabolism. Often people just take supplements, but the real work to be done is in a change in lifestyle to effect good metabolism, and this isn't something done overnight like one would take Tylenol, which is an expectation people have and this expectatio doesn't help.

Prosper127

@tankasnowgod Thank you for your answer and reassurance!
Protein deficiency is out of the table. I eat fish or meat at every meal. Loss of appetite is a common symptom when there is fluid in tissues—usually caused by heart failure.
I suspect I had ascites at a certain point too because my abdomen would look really, really swollen after eating.

I will definitely look into Urea and Inclined Bed Therapy! Many thanks again for these suggestions :)

@yerrag Interesting. I tried to improve my metabolic health these past months, as well as opposing estrogen -> Taking Mg/K chloride, Salt, Vit E, lots of protein, adaptogenic/androgenic herbs, weight lifting, B1/B2/B3/B6, Acerola, Taurine, Glycine, Tudca, Bile acid factors, ginger, cinnamon, and recently added Progesterone and androsterone. The thing is that those things were ever sufficient to tackle the extreme fatigue I have. Eve after 9 hours of sleep, I would be extremely tired with no drive. This is when I started to suspect "mechanical" blood circulation issues.

HCG can induce hormonal changes, estrogen dominance, hence oedema/fluid retention in some. But it usually stops at cessation. It did not in my case, so I strongly suspect something is off with my heart. Even though I never suffered from chest pain or shortness of breath.

@Elie No, no jab.

Thank you everyone for these answers. I really appreciate your time and suggestions.

I have tried Allthiamin (400mg) and Thiamin many times.. I wish it were a thiamin deficiency but it seems it isn't
Hello Vicecaz, how are you doing with the edema, also during your HCG cycle were you closely monitoring E2 and using AI to regulate it if needed?

Cheers.

Last edited:
OP
V

Vicecaz

Hello Vicecaz, how are you doing with the edema, also during your HCG cycle were you closely monitoring E2 and using AI to regulate it if needed?

Cheers.
Hello

No I was not monitoring it, unfortunately. I measured it 6 weeks after ending the cycle and it was in range

No AI used but I took proviron for one week, and sometimes had nicotine as cigars (rarely) that can act like AI