Can i put this oil in my nose? Vitamin A drops.

Cooper

Just a quick question to all, is this safe to put it in my nose? I have read that Vitamin A nasal drops can improve the post- covid smell loss and i just received this.

I was careless while ordering this particular product- brand, is this oral only or i can put it in my nose too? There are few other brands on web which says ''nasal drops'' exclusively but i doubt there is a chemical ingredient difference which alllows to be put inside the nose? Should i go for this?

Last edited:

xeliex

Forum Supporter
I don't see why not, as long as you don't aspirate it in the lungs. I'd use small doses to prevent that.

bogbody

my husband has parosmia from covid and uses idealabs retinil nasally, the ingredients are pretty much the same as this product

golder

my husband has parosmia from covid and uses idealabs retinil nasally, the ingredients are pretty much the same as this product
Nice. Acetate? 1 drop in each nostril? How were the results? How about adding a drop of zinc, wouldn’t that help aswell?

bogbody

Nice. Acetate? 1 drop in each nostril? How were the results? How about adding a drop of zinc, wouldn’t that help aswell?
he uses the kind in tocopherols with mct, one drop per nostril a day. he says it’s helped. i think the acetate version might be irritating if you put it in your nose. those formulations tend to burn a bit when you take them orally.

InChristAlone

Just a quick question to all, is this safe to put it in my nose? I have read that Vitamin A nasal drops can improve the post- covid smell loss and i just received this.

I was careless while ordering this particular product- brand, is this oral only or i can put it in my nose too? There are few other brands on web which says ''nasal drops'' exclusively but i doubt there is a chemical ingredient difference which alllows to be put inside the nose? Should i go for this?

Placebo controlled study is essential for something like this. You cannot discount that a proportion would have regained their sense of smell regardless.

Back
Top Bottom