Can I Lower My Cortisol Levels With A Natural Substance?

DMF

My cortisol levels are acting up again, and would like to know if there are any herbs, natural substances that could keep it down or minimal.
Sometimes it's just plain awfull and keeps me up at night, they're like unexpected "attacks" that come on. Kava is effective but makes me nauseas. I eat well and get exercise.
Would like to try this "wholistic" psychiatrist but won't take my coverage.

youngsinatra

Eating enough calories is most important. (!)
Getting nutrient-dense foods into your diet to ensure nutrient sufficiency. (red meat, dairy, eggs, liver, coffee, orange juice)
Fixing your sleep if it is not optimal. Magnesium puts the break on the stress system directly, so it can help lower cortisol.
Eating sufficient carbohydrates lowers cortisol and restricting carbohydrates increases cortisol.
Get some sunlight if possible, do some barefoot grounding.

If you want to try some supplements I‘d investigate in vitamins A/D/E/K2, magnesium, niacinamide.

T

TheBeard

My cortisol levels are acting up again, and would like to know if there are any herbs, natural substances that could keep it down or minimal.
Sometimes it's just plain awfull and keeps me up at night, they're like unexpected "attacks" that come on. Kava is effective but makes me nauseas. I eat well and get exercise.

With testosterone cream and pregnenolone.

OP
D

DMF

Eating enough calories is most important. (!)
Getting nutrient-dense foods into your diet to ensure nutrient sufficiency. (red meat, dairy, eggs, liver, coffee, orange juice)
Fixing your sleep if it is not optimal. Magnesium puts the break on the stress system directly, so it can help lower cortisol.
Eating sufficient carbohydrates lowers cortisol and restricting carbohydrates increases cortisol.
Get some sunlight if possible, do some barefoot grounding.

If you want to try some supplements I‘d investigate in vitamins A/D/E/K2, magnesium, niacinamide.
How about calcium magnesium citrate - before bed? (Commercially known as "Cal-Mag")
I really do need medical attention, but I don't want to get into any mental health aspect, which, admittedly, plays some role here. They'll just perscribe something such as ativan/lorazepam, which simply masks it.

OccamzRazer

Have you tried red light?

A $100 light will probably last you longer than $100 of any anti-cortisol supplement (besides aspirin perhaps).

youngsinatra

How about calcium magnesium citrate - before bed? (Commercially known as "Cal-Mag")
I really do need medical attention, but I don't want to get into any mental health aspect, which, admittedly, plays some role here. They'll just perscribe something such as ativan/lorazepam, which simply masks it.
I don't like citrate, because it irritates my gut. I like calcium carbonate powder if dairy is not tolerated. As far as magnesium is concerned, I really like glycinate orally or magnesiumchloride flakes in a foot bath.
As far as your concerns for the medical help, I can really understand your concerns. I was put on an SSRI for depression and panic disorder while I was handed over to a psychiatric hospital for 10 weeks last year. And while it definitely improved my mental health it never fixed it, and it is still not really fixed, but it is getting better. Do you suffer from anxiety, because lorazepam is an anti-anxiety drug as far as I know?

rei

Tribulus has noticeable cortisol lowering effect IIRC

T

TheBeard

Cheers. There are so many bogus sources out there. Unfortunately Haiduts preg wouldn’t last a week at those doses, which one do you use?

I used to use Life Extension, now I use MRM as it's micronized with just rice as a filler.

I've also used Pure Bulks powders as they have no fillers but for some reason I don't trust them anymore.
Something shady about the packaging that doesn't ring with quality and third party testing.

Dr. B

I used to use Life Extension, now I use MRM as it's micronized with just rice as a filler.

I've also used Pure Bulks powders as they have no fillers but for some reason I don't trust them anymore.
Something shady about the packaging that doesn't ring with quality and third party testing.
you dont get symptoms from pregnenolone?
ive used the same life extension brand and got severe cortisol/estrogenic effects... but ive seen many report positive experiences with that brand and other brands of preg which makes it seem it maybe amplifies the current state of metabolism, just like how testosterone easily aromatizes with poor metabolism, but has more benefit with a good one

T

TheBeard

you dont get symptoms from pregnenolone?
ive used the same life extension brand and got severe cortisol/estrogenic effects... but ive seen many report positive experiences with that brand and other brands of preg which makes it seem it maybe amplifies the current state of metabolism, just like how testosterone easily aromatizes with poor metabolism, but has more benefit with a good one

My estrogens are rock bottom, I'm taking all these hormones to raise them to acceptable levels.

I wish I had estrogenic effects, I'm barely getting e2 up to normal.

Neeters 27

I hope you are feeling better, I achieved great results using a product called cortisol manager, that had ashwaghanda, phosphatidyl serine, magnollia, and vitamin c in it. the cortisol finally evenened out once my doctor increased my ndt thyroid dose. she had lowered it based on my anxiety and symptoms, which made everything WORSE, and then I blew up gained 40 lbs in a short time and felt terrible. slept all day. i started increasing on my own, now take 3 grains, and very much improved after 2 months on this dose.