Can I Dissolve Caffeine Powder In Boiled Water And Then Apply On My Scalp?

Nuri55

can I dissolve caffeine powder in boiled water and then apply on my scalp ,after cooled down?

tca300

Its more soluble and absorbable in alcohol ( gin, vodka, clear spring ) or an oil.

johnwester130

Should I put Caffeine powder directly in an Oil (mct for example) an than rub it on my scalp?

there's a better product that really will grow hair for you

it's called piroctone olamine

it's like a powder, it dissolve in a water/alcohol combination

johnwester130

Do you have any experience with it?

I use something called kingsley scalp toner and mixed in some more piroctone olamine powder so the solution is about 1.5%

Honestly, i really do like it.
It's in basically every shampoo these days and it works better than nizoral, but very few people sell it in an alcohol solution, i could only find about 2 online.

It does seem to sort of clean the scalp very well, some hairs have grown out a bit more too. It's interesting to see what happens to my hair.

caffeine does not solve the cause of baldness - fungi. fungi causes baldness in men
Does Fungal Infection Cause Male Pattern Baldness and Heart Disease? - Rogue Health and Fitness

johnwester130

Thanks, very interesting, but .... does it relate to ALL cases?

more evidence

Nizoral - why does it work? Androgens, fungi, inflammation.

are all cases caused by fungi?? well, nizoral is part of the big 3 with minoxidil and finasteride.
they must know something about fungi and its connection to hair

i don't think that's a fair question. i don't think i could know what causes baldness for everyone.
it's certainly better than using finasteride.

there is a well known youtuber who uses apple cider vinegar, onion/garlic to regrow hair - antifungals

however piroctone olamine would beat zinc pyrithione/nizoral/ and certainly beat vinegar/garlic/and onion for hair. and mixing it into alcohol/water is certainly better than juicing garlic and onions!!

Last edited:

Kenny

my friend said i should use a shampoo called node ds with that ingredient instead of niz

think its worth it? is there a better way to apply it than shampoo?

Kenny

I use something called kingsley scalp toner and mixed in some more piroctone olamine powder so the solution is about 1.5%

Honestly, i really do like it.
It's in basically every shampoo these days and it works better than nizoral, but very few people sell it in an alcohol solution, i could only find about 2 online.

It does seem to sort of clean the scalp very well, some hairs have grown out a bit more too. It's interesting to see what happens to my hair.

caffeine does not solve the cause of baldness - fungi. fungi causes baldness in men
Does Fungal Infection Cause Male Pattern Baldness and Heart Disease? - Rogue Health and Fitness

Sorry I should have read this first before asking

Think kingsley scalp toner is worth the investment? a few folks said it helps with hair shedding. I'll totally give it a shot if it helped you that way.

johnwester130

Sorry I should have read this first before asking

Think kingsley scalp toner is worth the investment? a few folks said it helps with hair shedding. I'll totally give it a shot if it helped you that way.

get the powder and make your own

needs to in alcohol/water mixture

but also do caffeine/niacinamide etc

@johnwester130 Athletes foot powder also contains PO, could be a cheap way to try it out. Brings a new meaning to 'Foot and mouth disease@, lol :):

Aaron

more evidence

Nizoral - why does it work? Androgens, fungi, inflammation.

are all cases caused by fungi?? well, nizoral is part of the big 3 with minoxidil and finasteride.
they must know something about fungi and its connection to hair

i don't think that's a fair question. i don't think i could know what causes baldness for everyone.
it's certainly better than using finasteride.

there is a well known youtuber who uses apple cider vinegar, onion/garlic to regrow hair - antifungals

however piroctone olamine would beat zinc pyrithione/nizoral/ and certainly beat vinegar/garlic/and onion for hair. and mixing it into alcohol/water is certainly better than juicing garlic and onions!!

I was under the impression multiple properties made Nizoral good for hair, including the fact that ketoconazole is strongly estrogenic. Same goes for the garlic/onions.

johnwester130

I was under the impression multiple properties made Nizoral good for hair, including the fact that ketoconazole is strongly estrogenic. Same goes for the garlic/onions.

i didn't know that. nizoral also acts on the glucocorticoid receptor.

However piroctone olamine has been shown to grow more hair than nizoral and more effective for hair, or about equal without the side effects from nizoral

The effect of Ketoconazole and Piroctone olamine on hair growth

johnwester130

@johnwester130 Athletes foot powder also contains PO, could be a cheap way to try it out. Brings a new meaning to 'Foot and mouth disease@, lol :):

its actually cheaper to buy the powder

you only need a 1% concentration. a whole bag would last about 5 years,

same with caffeine powder, a bag lasts about 3 years.

caffeine+piroctone olamine in alcohol/water solution = incredible topical against hair loss

Last edited:

Dolomite

I thought my itchy scalp was from hormones like prolactin. But now I wonder if it is caused by fungus. I was looking for piroctone olamine powder online. @johnwester130 do you purchase it from a chemical supplier or alibaba?

Thank you for all your comments about it and your experiments.

Pet Peeve

You can just put caffeine powder directly into the shampoo. Shake well and let stand over night and then shake well again. I've done it many times. Just wash the shampoo out like normally. Be careful not too put too much powder in though, you'll feel it.

johnwester130

I thought my itchy scalp was from hormones like prolactin. But now I wonder if it is caused by fungus. I was looking for piroctone olamine powder online. @johnwester130 do you purchase it from a chemical supplier or alibaba?

Thank you for all your comments about it and your experiments.

a uk skin care company sells it.