Can hydrogen cure everything?

This was cross posted where it didn't really belong so I'm starting a separate thread. Forgive me @charlie for reposting.

I think hydrogen gas/water would probably fix a lot of people's mysterious problems. For almost 25 years I suffered debilitating headaches on my left temple, post exercise or just for no reason that I could discern. Nothing really fixed it. Aspirin helped but I would go days with the problem, frequently 5 or 6 on a 1-10 pain scale, just awful. It also resulted in my stopping weight lifting, because I got terrible headaches coincident with my delayed onset muscle soreness.

So one day I started to use hydrogen.

For my headaches it started working immediately, although it was a 20% improvement, but when I persisted and used higher doses over a few months the headaches largely went away.

I think the hydrogen works on a profound mitochondrial level. I told Dr. Peat about it and he responded:

"I don’t know how it works, but it could be providing energy to mitochondria that have been blocked."

Hydrogen is incredibly powerful and covers so many ailments.

After Dr. Peat's remark, I found this study:

Background/Aims: Hydrogen selectively neutralizes reactive oxygen species (ROS) and ameliorates various ROS-induced injuries. Spinal cord injury (SCI) is a serious injury to the central nervous system, and secondary SCI is closely related to excessive ROS generation. We hypothesized that hydrogen inhalation ameliorates SCI, and the mechanism of action may be related to the protective effects of hydrogen against oxidative stress, apoptosis, and mitochondrial damage.

Methods: Mechanically injured spinal cord neurons were incubated with different concentrations of hydrogen in vitro. Immunofluorescence staining and transmission electron microscopy were used to confirm the protective effects of hydrogen. ROS and related proteins were detected with dihydroethidium fluorescence staining, enzyme-linked immunosorbent assays, and western blotting. Terminal deoxynucleotidyl transferase dUTP nick end labeling assays, flow cytometry, and western blotting were used to detect neuronal apoptosis. ATP concentrations, Janus Green B staining, and mitochondrial permeability transition pore (mPTP) status were assessed to investigate mitochondrial damage. RNA sequencing was performed to screen potential target genes of hydrogen application. Hydrogen was administered to mice after spinal cord contusion injury was established for 42 days. The Basso Mouse Scale (BMS) and footprint analyses were used to assess locomotor functions, and immunofluorescence staining of the injured spinal cord segments was performed to detect oxidative stress status.

Results: Spinal cord neurons were preserved by hydrogen administration after mechanical injury in a dose-dependent manner. ROS generation, oxidative stress injury-related markers, and the number of apoptotic neurons were significantly reduced after hydrogen treatment. The ATP production and mPTP function in injured neurons were preserved by hydrogen incubation. The expression levels of Cox8b, Cox6a2, Cox7a1, Hspb7, and Atp2a1 were inhibited by hydrogen treatment. BMS scores and the footprint assessment of mice with SCI were improved by hydrogen inhalation.

Conclusions: Hydrogen inhalation (75%) ameliorated SCI in vivo and attenuated neuronal mechanical injuries in vitro, and its protective effect on spinal cord neurons was exerted in a dose-dependent manner. The underlying mechanisms included reducing ROS generation and oxidative stress, inhibiting neuronal apoptosis, and restoring mitochondrial construction and function. Cox8b, Cox6a2, Cox7a1, Hspb7, and Atp2a1 were identified as potential target genes of hydrogen treatment.

Sullytex

@estatichamster I enjoy your tacit thoughtful and informative posts. Can I inquire where you sourced your hydrogen from? I have used the H+ water pills myself, and the reactions were not great.

OP
ecstatichamster
@estatichamster I enjoy your tacit thoughtful and informative posts. Can I inquire where you sourced your hydrogen from? I have used the H+ water pills myself, and the reactions were not great.

what was your reaction?

Sullytex

Well, I was drinking it. Just not much reaction one way or another...

I am thinking ppm was/is WAY to low. I want to try inhaling it to see the difference. The science seems very valid.

OP
ecstatichamster
Well, I was drinking it. Just not much reaction one way or another...

I am thinking ppm was/is WAY to low. I want to try inhaling it to see the difference. The science seems very valid.

i do both inhaling and the pills and the pills are quite powerful I find.

Tbone107

Shop LTNC Anybody interested in HRW should check this out. The product of scientist Danny Day, this water has the highest ppm and best delivery system out there. Brand new product only a month old and still in the pre-launch stage but getting rave reviews..

TripleOG

Shop LTNC Anybody interested in HRW should check this out. The product of scientist Danny Day, this water has the highest ppm and best delivery system out there. Brand new product only a month old and still in the pre-launch stage but getting rave reviews..

Pre-made hydrogen water isn’t ideal unless they can show high ppm after months of storage. Just get the tablet or bottle generator if you desire portability.

Tbone107

Pre-made hydrogen water isn’t ideal unless they can show high ppm after months of storage. Just get the tablet or bottle generator if you desire portability.

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/dannyday/status/1380920156294119428
.. I’m not sure what they are doing with the cans but Danny writes about this all the time on his feed, here is an independent testing company that pulled a can that retained a 3.2 ppm level throughout the process. Supposedly good for a year just have to drink within 15-30 mins of opening.

Hermes

This was cross posted where it didn't really belong so I'm starting a separate thread. Forgive me @charlie for reposting.

I think hydrogen gas/water would probably fix a lot of people's mysterious problems. For almost 25 years I suffered debilitating headaches on my left temple, post exercise or just for no reason that I could discern. Nothing really fixed it. Aspirin helped but I would go days with the problem, frequently 5 or 6 on a 1-10 pain scale, just awful. It also resulted in my stopping weight lifting, because I got terrible headaches coincident with my delayed onset muscle soreness.

So one day I started to use hydrogen.

For my headaches it started working immediately, although it was a 20% improvement, but when I persisted and used higher doses over a few months the headaches largely went away.

I think the hydrogen works on a profound mitochondrial level. I told Dr. Peat about it and he responded:

"I don’t know how it works, but it could be providing energy to mitochondria that have been blocked."

Hydrogen is incredibly powerful and covers so many ailments.
Wow, that's remarkable. Thanks for pointing out the benefits of hydrogen. I'm on the lookout and consider purchasing a hydrogen gas machine. Do you think it makes a difference whether one inhales it or drinks hydrogen water?

TripleOG

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/dannyday/status/1380920156294119428
.. I’m not sure what they are doing with the cans but Danny writes about this all the time on his feed, here is an independent testing company that pulled a can that retained a 3.2 ppm level throughout the process. Supposedly good for a year just have to drink within 15-30 mins of opening.

Aluminum contains hydrogen the best. They're likely just canning pressurized H2. Nice ppm, but that lot is from 3-31 and was tested a week later. I'd be more interested in tests with 6mo+ old products. If it does hold up the test of time, then the only question is price vs. other methods.

OP
ecstatichamster
Wow, that's remarkable. Thanks for pointing out the benefits of hydrogen. I'm on the lookout and consider purchasing a hydrogen gas machine. Do you think it makes a difference whether one inhales it or drinks hydrogen water?
Not to me. I have a good generator but the pills in water are probably as good. The small generators not so good.

It seems to me it has similar positive effects of Ozone Therapy.
I am wondering if folks in this group have tried both, and are able to compare their results.

S-VV

@ecstatichamster what would be the cheapest/budget water generator that you would vouch for? Im interested in trying but don't want to spend big money w/o a small trial run