Can higher calcium intake (supplements) give me burning legs? Kidneys maybe?

Sila

I don't think so, maybe if you get digestion issues.

I've been taking in total 5g of calcium carbonate (mixed in vinegar) daily for around 2 weeks now, so far no issues with kidneys, in fact feeling so much better mentally and physically.

yerrag

What is a burning leg?

Elast1c

For me it felt like surging blood and I tried much less. After a while it didn't come back but it could have been from some intense indegestion as well. Not sure if that's what you meant

yerrag

I still don't get it, I mean, what is surging blood? What did you try less?

Elast1c

I still don't get it, I mean, what is surging blood? What did you try
High amounts of calcium carbonate; it gave strange blood sensation in legs and feet. Taking less gave no issue and I haven't had it since but discontinued eggshell use in multiple grams several times throughout the day. It could have maybe been some endotoxin reaction or possibly the eggshell calcium that I prepared effected somehow some balance of something but I do remember that being an effect.

yerrag

Haidut has said that hypothyroid can cause calcification. One, is that increased production of lactic acid and decreased production of carbon dioxide can cause acid-base balance to move towards acidosis. This causes potassium to go from cell membranes to the ecf in exchange for the more acidic hydrogen ion, thereby lowering the ecf acidity in the body's attempt to compensate.

But lessening potassium from the cell membrane causes the less membrane to lose its integrity, allowing more than the optimal amount of calcium to enter cells in the regular cycle of calcium influx and efflux.

Furthermore, because the cell is producing less CO2, there is less carbonic acid also to carry calcium ions out from the cell, and this will contribute to calcification.

In this condition, calcium intake should be lessened.

yerrag

It gets worse when in an advanced case of metabolic acidosis.

Hydrogen ions keep getting into the cells, as potassium (and worse, even magnesium) gets out into the ecf. To a point where urine begins to be alkaline instead of acidic-because there are no hydrogen ions to spare for excretion (normally H* with NH3, ammonia, becomes ammonium, NH4+, and pairs with acidic anions such as chloride, sulfate, lactate, keto acids - for excretion to lower ecf acidity).

But potassium and magnesium (and layer on sodium) would prefer to bind to phosphate for excretion in urine, instead of the other anions. So the phosphate will then be leached from the bones, and since phosphate is bound to calcium in the bones, calcium will also be released into blood.

This calcium gets into the cells and contributes to more calcification. And when the cell involved is a nerve, then there is pain. Taking calcium will worsen the pain. This becomes a neuromuscular pain. Twitching and spasms will happen as well.

This is why I recently began to monitor my acid-balance status using breath rate to determine my general acid-base balance status, with urine and saliva pH being used to detect if something odd is going on that requires a deeper look.

Far too often, people just rely or urine pH testing, and I used to do this. It is wrong and throws me off in my journey of healing.

Rick K

Elast1c

It gets worse when in an advanced case of metabolic acidosis.

Hydrogen ions keep getting into the cells, as potassium (and worse, even magnesium) gets out into the ecf. To a point where urine begins to be alkaline instead of acidic-because there are no hydrogen ions to spare for excretion (normally H* with NH3, ammonia, becomes ammonium, NH4+, and pairs with acidic anions such as chloride, sulfate, lactate, keto acids - for excretion to lower ecf acidity).

But potassium and magnesium (and layer on sodium) would prefer to bind to phosphate for excretion in urine, instead of the other anions. So the phosphate will then be leached from the bones, and since phosphate is bound to calcium in the bones, calcium will also be released into blood.

This calcium gets into the cells and contributes to more calcification. And when the cell involved is a nerve, then there is pain. Taking calcium will worsen the pain. This becomes a neuromuscular pain. Twitching and spasms will happen as well.

This is why I recently began to monitor my acid-balance status using breath rate to determine my general acid-base balance status, with urine and saliva pH being used to detect if something odd is going on that requires a deeper look.

Far too often, people just rely or urine pH testing, and I used to do this. It is wrong and throws me off in my journey of healing.
Haidut has said that hypothyroid can cause calcification. One, is that increased production of lactic acid and decreased production of carbon dioxide can cause acid-base balance to move towards acidosis. This causes potassium to go from cell membranes to the ecf in exchange for the more acidic hydrogen ion, thereby lowering the ecf acidity in the body's attempt to compensate.

But lessening potassium from the cell membrane causes the less membrane to lose its integrity, allowing more than the optimal amount of calcium to enter cells in the regular cycle of calcium influx and efflux.

Furthermore, because the cell is producing less CO2, there is less carbonic acid also to carry calcium ions out from the cell, and this will contribute to calcification.

In this condition, calcium intake should be lessened.
Isn't taking more calcium a way to paradoxically keep calcium out of cells by lowering prolactin and keeping calciun out of the cell? I think with D and K it should be fine and the really only decent way to instigate a faster metabolism without thyroid supplementation aside from red light beyond protein and general nutrition? Also isn't the acid-base balance thing also differing intracellularlu to extracellularly? Isn't carbonate also increasing the co2?

yerrag

Isn't taking more calcium a way to paradoxically keep calcium out of cells by lowering prolactin and keeping calciun out of the cell? I think with D and K it should be fine and the really only decent way to instigate a faster metabolism without thyroid supplementation aside from red light beyond protein and general nutrition? Also isn't the acid-base balance thing also differing intracellularlu to extracellularly? Isn't carbonate also increasing the co2?
Despite low thyroid and poor acid-base balance? This goes back to having a take this take approach against having a coherent strategy of identifying a root cause of dysfunction and addressing it by restoring balance. Knowing the relationships and interactions involved in fostering that balance is important.

How does taking D and K and calcium help everyone, without knowing the context also? There's no one size fits all to this as it is context dependent.

I have siblings saying Ray Peat too complicated and following the take this take that approach of Dr. Axe.

They are on an endless merry-go-round with supplements and going through all stuff that they haven't yet tried. Cannabis. Psylocibin. Etc. etc.

Screw the basics. It's too complicated.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals