Can Heavy Isotopes Increase Lifespan? Studies Of Relative Abundance In Various Organisms Reveal Chem

Ray Peat says less heavy water makes for longer life

milk_lover

He says the glacier water contributes to longevity in some populations if I remember correctly
Yeah you are right I googled it
RP: Well, at high altitudes, all of these long‐lived cultures in South America and the Caucuses and Nepal, they all lived at fairly high altitudes, and were surrounded by glaciers in most of the cases, so that their drinking water that was fairly recently high altitude snow which happens to be isotopically different from sea level water. It’s been refined by a repeated distillation as rain clouds going to higher and higher altitudes, it becomes metabolically stimulating light water whereas average water contains some of the metabolic flowing heavy water. But at the same time the atmosphere at high altitudes is very low in oxygen and so people retain more CO2 in their tissues. That’s another resemblance of the prenatal condition and generally they are sheep farmers. Sheep can live at relatively high altitudes, and so they tend to either eat vegetables, fruits or cheese, lots of cheese and milk related dishes.

HD: Wow. That’s very interesting. The thing about the rainwater that’s pretty interesting. I know from an alchemical perspective the first prerequisite is to distil water 7 times to be used in experiments because the alchemist always believe that each successive distillation raises the energy of the water and I read an article about, they also use stormwater, water that was only collected during electrical storms. But I did read an article about water because many, many years ago, I didn’t think there was any difference between regular water and tap water or whatever it was all water and all H20. But it’s actually very different and there’s a lot of papers have been written on the subject of water and how different energetically they are and how different they make and what a difference they make in the body and how available the water is to the body and to the cell.

RP: In the 1930s when they first made isotopically heavy water with deuterium replacing hydrogen, they found that it slowed biological processes - daily rhythm, nerve conduction - and in 1950 they showed in mouse experiments that it tremendously accelerated the aging process and all of the features of aging, slowing metabolism and dying prematurely were produced but it took about 50 years after that before people started experimenting with the light water from which the heavy water has been removed and they found that - for example, they were experimenting with it in Russian space vehicles and they found the condensed sweat had been filtered and it was a very light water resembling glacier water.

HD: So what water do you recommend people drink Dr Peat? Do you have one?

RP: No actually. You have to go to or be near a glacier.

HD: Ok, so you have to go 15,000 feet right? (Laughs) Probably this is why
they bottle glacier water right, yeah if it really is that?

RP: Yeah -‐ but It happens that some plants will absorb the waters at high altitude and concentrate it even more, sugar beets for example, intrinsically eliminate deuterons and so they have light hydrogen incorporated into their tissues and if they grow in Colorado, at a high altitude where they’re
getting already refined water then the beet sugar contains the equivalent of glacier water.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals