Can Having High Vitamin D Levels Compensate For Low Dietary Calcium Intake?

Logan-

Can having high vitamin d levels compensate for low dietary calcium intake?

paymanz

Yes to some degree, but not high vitamin d but just adequate. And you need at least 200-300 mg of calcium. That is the minimum,lower than that your body has to get it from your bones. And too low Ca intake cause excess conversion of vitamin d to its active form which is inflammatory.

Also depends on phosphate intake.

Last edited:
OP
L

Logan-

. you need at least 200-300 mg of calcium. That is the minimum,lower than that your body has to get it from your bones.

Is there any discussions, studies on the minimum amount of daily calcium intake to keep PTH low? I know this depends on calcium to phosphate ratio, vitamin d status etc., but if there are studies or forum discussions on this, I would like to read them.

baccheion

Not really. Vitamin D increases calcium absorption to the point it effectively adds an extra 50-100 mg. Higher vitamin D mainly results in more calcium in serum and increased reabsorption from the kidneys.

paymanz

Is there any discussions, studies on the minimum amount of daily calcium intake to keep PTH low? I know this depends on calcium to phosphate ratio, vitamin d status etc., but if there are studies or forum discussions on this, I would like to read them.
I dont remember any particular study at the moment but i suggest adjust your calcium intake based on your experience and how you feel.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals