Can Facial Dermal Fillers Be Harmful To The Body?

Lolinaa

@RichardDobson: Peat doesnt recommend a lot of supplements as he said there are lots of contaminants. Orally, I would advise to use food: oj and fruits.

Travis

Wow, thanks for this great explanation Travis. Would doses of supplemental vitamin C of around 5000 mg a day be problematic though, and able to cause copper deficiency?

Also, as you didn't answer my other question I would like to ask it once more if you don't mind, hyaluronic acid, can it promote estrogen production or be estrogenic by itself? Thanks!!
It's so water-soluble that'd you want to space it out, and often eat one pineapple at a time so I know that amount is safe. Linus Pauling did calculate something on the order of a few grams were necessary per day to match what animals make themselves enzymatically (in the liver, from glucose). Most people are eating less today than we'd eaten in the past. Humans are one of the few animals which cannot synthesize this vitamin and also the only one that cooks food, thereby inactivating this vitamin (being the most heat-sensitive one). To determine how much a person should perhaps consume, I can think of a few logical approaches could be used to determine this:

1. Production Rates: This is what Pauling did, using liver volume and enzymatic rates to estimate how much an animal our size actually produces. His result had been on the order of like seven grams if I recall. Usually the elimination rate ≈ the production rate so measuring urine levels would be the best. However, a good amount of vitamin C is actually burned for energy in the citric acid cycle making this completely unreliable.

2. Blood Level: I thought of this, and think it would be the best. Perhaps analyze the blood concentrations of various animals, humans, and how much vitamin C it takes to achieve this level. I think the most accurate would be finding the most phylogenetically-close relative to humans which still synthesizes vitamin C, and then go from there: try to match their homestatic level.

Paleontological: You could also estimate what humans had been eating around the time we'd lost this synthetic capability—this level of course being found sufficient by our bodies.
I don't cook food so I don't worry much about it, but there's also other logical ways to estimate the ideal intake besides how Pauling had done it. I would be somewhat hesitant to take Pauling-sized doses, and am under the opinion that between one and two grams per day should be fine (equivalent to three pineapples).

OP
T

TreasureVibe

It's so water-soluble that'd you want to space it out, and often eat one pineapple at a time so I know that amount is safe. Linus Pauling did calculate something on the order of a few grams were necessary per day to match what animals make themselves enzymatically (in the liver, from glucose). Most people are eating less today than we'd eaten in the past. Humans are one of the few animals which cannot synthesize this vitamin and also the only one that cooks food, thereby inactivating this vitamin (being the most heat-sensitive one). To determine how much a person should perhaps consume, I can think of a few logical approaches could be used to determine this:

1. Production Rates: This is what Pauling did, using liver volume and enzymatic rates to estimate how much an animal our size actually produces. His result had been on the order of like seven grams if I recall. Usually the elimination rate ≈ the production rate so measuring urine levels would be the best. However, a good amount of vitamin C is actually burned for energy in the citric acid cycle making this completely unreliable.

2. Blood Level: I thought of this, and think it would be the best. Perhaps analyze the blood concentrations of various animals, humans, and how much vitamin C it takes to achieve this level. I think the most accurate would be finding the most phylogenetically-close relative to humans which still synthesizes vitamin C, and then go from there: try to match their homestatic level.

Paleontological: You could also estimate what humans had been eating around the time we'd lost this synthetic capability—this level of course being found sufficient by our bodies.
I don't cook food so I don't worry much about it, but there's also other logical ways to estimate the ideal intake besides how Pauling had done it. I would be somewhat hesitant to take Pauling-sized doses, and am under the opinion that between one and two grams per day should be fine (equivalent to three pineapples).
Thanks alot Travis! Do you know if hyaluronic acid is estrogen promoting though? I suggest this because in this thread it was suggested: https://raypeatforum.com/community/...-products-gave-me-erectile-dysfunction.10285/

Turns out that hyaluronic acid, in the cream, is closely related to estrogen production. Estrogen stimulates it's increase.

I also have found what brand my mother's dermatologist uses, Restylane fillers. I can't find yet if they're high or low molecular weight though.

Last edited:

Birdie

@RichardDobson: Peat doesnt recommend a lot of supplements as he said there are lots of contaminants. Orally, I would advise to use food: oj and fruits.
I know. Specifically, I remember his saying that the newer synthesis of vitamin C could produce lead contamination. I went without vitamin C for years after I heard him say this, but recently bought some powdered C from the UK that, for some reason, I concluded was okay. Am using it this winter as an extra precaution..

I remember Ray explained that the original method of making C was abandoned when demand went up and great quantities of the stuff had to be made.

Lolinaa

@Birdie: yes thats why I drink lots of orange juice. I have added pineapple since this week-end too for digestion.

smith

Something that may be of use regarding H.A. ("size matters")

Attachments

• real_hyaluronic.pdf
    137.7 KB · Views: 14

Waynish

I have a model friend who had these injections... I don't like how they make lips look - there must be a better method out there. Any ideas? Injecting things to change the look just reminds me of those fake muscles filled with fluid that guys get... Just looks ugly, stupid, and dangerous.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals