Can Diabetic Neuropathy Be Reversed Through Peating?

Watubi

I have been Peating for about a month and my diabetic neuropathy seems to be receiving more feeling (great news) but since Peating the numbing and tingling sensation seems to be spreading up my legs (bad news). I haven't been taking gelatin with my daily protein and fructose intake and wonder if that is the missing link to my connective tissue repair. Has anyone else suffered from diabetic neuropathy on this forum? and if so what has your experience been using Ray Peats advice? I am trying to wrap my head around what is happening and what to expect as I stay on the Peating path.

I have been Peating for about a month and my diabetic neuropathy seems to be receiving more feeling (great news) but since Peating the numbing and tingling sensation seems to be spreading up my legs (bad news). I haven't been taking gelatin with my daily protein and fructose intake and wonder if that is the missing link to my connective tissue repair. Has anyone else suffered from diabetic neuropathy on this forum? and if so what has your experience been using Ray Peats advice? I am trying to wrap my head around what is happening and what to expect as I stay on the Peating path.

Peat has an idiosyncratic way of looking at DM.
i would take an B-Complex with 4 times the RDA,not go over 20-30mg of B6 as PyridoxineHCl with added High-Dose B1,and look what amount of CH you can cosume.

OP
Watubi

Watubi

Are you eating a high sugar low fat diet?
Yes. I record my daily activities and diet in Chronometer. The summary of my daily diet is follows:

Morning
1. Wake up to see the sunrise and do Qi-gong morning exercises barefoot in the grass
2. Within 30 minutes of waking Eat an egg, two slices of pinapple and a glass of orange juice
3. Within 30 minutes of waking eat 1 to 2 tablespoons of unrefined coconut oil
4. Drink 16 ounces of hydrogen rich water
5. Immediately drink 16-32oz of water (with lugols iodine).
6. Take D3, K2 (in the form of MK7), Magnesium, DHEA, Selenium, niacin, B Vitamin complex (Standard Process Cataplex B and G), CoQ10, Vitamin C, Vitamin A and Vitamin E
7. Use Vielight (intra-nasal red-light therapy) for 25 minutes on the car drive into work
8. Take Nitric-Oxide tablet (Neo-40)

Afternoon

1. Drink 16 ounces of hydrogen rich water
2. Eat a potato, sardines and cheese. Eat a shredded carrot salad with local honey, white vinegar, coconut oil and salt and a dark chocolate bar
3. Drink 2 glasses of 2% A2 Milk
4. Take D3, K2 (in the form of MK7), Magnesium, DHEA, Selenium, niacin, B Vitamin complex (Standard Process Cataplex B and G), CoQ10, Vitamin C, Vitamin A and Vitamin E
5. Walk with as much skin exposed to sunlight as possible for as long as possible
6. Drink 2 -3 bottles of water (with lugols iodine) throughout the afternoon
7. High Intensity Training (HIT) weight lifting for 30 minutes (after 5pm)
8. 30 to 60 minutes in the steam or dry sauna then shower
9. Use Frequency Specific Microcurrent machine on the car drive back home
10. Use Vielight (intra-nasal red-light therapy) for 25 minutes on the car drive back home

Evening
1. Eat a high protein (low fat) meal with a potato and fruit with a glass of milk and fruit
2. 1 hour after meal drink 1 - 3 bottles of water (with lugols iodine)
3. Drink a glass of fruit juice (usually organic grape juice or aloe with honey)
4. Take D3, K2 (in the form of MK7), Magnesium, DHEA, Selenium, niacin, B Vitamin complex (Standard Process Cataplex B and G), CoQ10, Vitamin C, Vitamin A and Vitamin E
5. Take 2 – 3 ounces of coconut (or MCT) oil
6. Drink 16 ounces of hydrogen rich water
7. Watch sunset then reduce exposure to blue light and eliminate blue light sources for rest of evening
8. Go to bed in time to ensure 7 to 8 hours of sleep

Last edited:

What did the macrodistribution,e.g. Protein/Carboh/Fat looked before the change?
as a supplement,Uridinmonophosphate should be helping,100 to 200mg/day.
i would recommend high dose B-complex as metioned,without increasing B6 even higher amounts short term,30days or such.and egglecithin. necessary for myelinsynthesis

OP
Watubi

Watubi

What did the macrodistribution,e.g. Protein/Carboh/Fat looked before the change?
as a supplement,Uridinmonophosphate should be helping,100 to 200mg/day.
i would recommend high dose B-complex as metioned,without increasing B6 even higher amounts short term,30days or such.and egglecithin. necessary for myelinsynthesis
I was following Dr. Jack Kruse on a Ketogenic diet (High Fat and Low Carb and sugar diet for about a year.

Why are you eating all that coconut oil and eating fish oil sardines? And the nitric oxide tablet, what’s up with that?

Not sure this is enough calories either.

A low fat diet doesn’t mean tablespoons of coconut oil. That inhibits sugar burning big time.

OP
Watubi

Watubi

how was your neuropathy then? better? worse?
how was your neuropathy then? better? worse?
My neuropathy was better and not spreading but even though my glucose intake was nearly zero my blood glucose kept increasing. After about a year on keto my glucose had increased from 130 (fasting) to 200 (fasting). I am not over weight and keep fit. I found Ray Peat and have started to look at feeding the cell rather than starving it. So I am Peating but now my skin is sensitive and neuropathy is spreading.

OP
Watubi

Watubi

Why are you eating all that coconut oil and eating fish oil sardines? And the nitric oxide tablet, what’s up with that?

Not sure this is enough calories either.

A low fat diet doesn’t mean tablespoons of coconut oil. That inhibits sugar burning big time.
I thought Ray Peat recommends consuming coconut oil with sugar and salt (like his detox carrot salad). I have been on the fence with the sardines maybe I should cut that out. I have been taking the nitric oxide tablets after I suffered a branch retinal vein occlusion (BRVO). The eye doctor said I had poor blood circulation and I read that nitric oxide may help with blood circulation. I started getting blurry vision after the BRVO then started getting shots in my eye (not fun). I am not sure if the nitric oxide is working or not.

Hugh Johnson

I thought Ray Peat recommends consuming coconut oil with sugar and salt (like his detox carrot salad). I have been on the fence with the sardines maybe I should cut that out. I have been taking the nitric oxide tablets after I suffered a branch retinal vein occlusion (BRVO). The eye doctor said I had poor blood circulation and I read that nitric oxide may help with blood circulation. I started getting blurry vision after the BRVO then started getting shots in my eye (not fun). I am not sure if the nitric oxide is working or not.
Buteyko breathing is the answer, not no tablets.

Seriously though, you need to relax. You try way too hard. Try eating what you want, stop exercising intensely , drink only when you are thirsty.