Can anyone tell me what has happened in my body?

jayUK9779

I used to train 7 days a week running 6 miles plus a day, an then one day I woke up an went for a run and I couldnt run 50 yards! I had multiple food intolerances, insomnia and always feeling cold massive brain fog? I have started peating an my health has improved but will i ever be able to run professionally again?

J

j.

One possibility: Hypothyroidism. When you're spending so much energy, you run out of sugar and fats are liberated from your tissues. If these fats are polyunsaturated, their excessive amount damage thyroid function. However, if you avoided polyunsaturated fats for 4 years or more, what I describe is likely to not be the problem.

OP
J

jayUK9779

I ate a normal diet which consisted of lots polyunsaturated fats, my blood chemistry has indicated normal thyroid function have no idea about checking via body temperature and pulse? Will I ever recover and compete again with running?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Long distance running is extremely anti-metabolic and quite honestly detrimental to ones health. Especially even more so when eating polyunsaturated fats along with other metabolic lowering foods.

There is a recent story floating around of a Dr. treating athletes for hypothyroidism even though their thyroid blood tests show they are normal.

I would listen to my body and stop running. And start working on getting your metabolism up.

Whats happening inside your body? From the extreme stress of running and bad diet you have killed your metabolism. The lack of energy you feel on the outside is also the lack of energy that is happening inside you. When your body does not have the energy it needs, bad things start to happen. Hence, your energy production is shutting down.

J

j.

jayUK9779 said:
I ate a normal diet which consisted of lots polyunsaturated fats, my blood chemistry has indicated normal thyroid function have no idea about checking via body temperature and pulse?

I think blood tests are almost irrelevant. One needs to go about it more holistically Ray Peat and Broda Barnes in his book hypothyroidism explain how to do that.

jayUK9779 said:
Will I ever recover and compete again with running?

I don't know but I would try to get healthieri avoiding PUFAs and following the rest of Peat's approach.

Mittir

Age plays a big role in health. There are several diseases, specially inflammatory ones like allergy and adult onset asthma, return in 30s and 40s for people who had these problems in childhood. It indicates that our health declines after 30.
RP mentioned that most people are saturated by PUFA by 30s. We tend to accumulate lots of excess iron in our tissues by that age. It takes about 2-4 years to replace all the PUFA in our tissues. If you are a lean person it may take a lot less time.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Sounds like maybe it's chronic fatigue syndrome setting in. However, thats just another name for a set of symptoms directly related to hypothyroidism.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals