Can Anyone Tell Me Their Experience Using Tamoxifen

Hans

Forum Supporter
Thank you. I just don't understand how can thyroid increase help? -Yes that will boost metabolism , but when the problem is at the brain level (low levels of GnRH - LH ) does the thyroid have any effect for those brain gland, hypothalamus and pituitary ? I doubt so or I may be wrong.

What is your opinion on Mucuna Pruriens, Tongkat Ali, Horny Goat Weed, high quality Tribulus Terrestris for increasing GnRH & LH (and then, consequently, T) ? Are they effective, worth it herbals?
"This suggests an effect of hypothyroidism on gonadotrophin secretion at the level of the hypothalamus-pituitary, either directly or through modulation of prolactin secretion. Low free testosterone may also be a contributing factor to some of the symptoms and signs of hypothyroidism in men."

"Subclinical hypothyroidism was associated with a decrease in the levels of serum testosterone and its precursor progesterone. The data suggest that serum testosterone declines because of the non-availability of its precursor progesterone. The level of oestradiol was similar in both the groups, suggesting a greater conversion rate of testosterone to oestradiol in subclinically hypothyroid males, in order to maintain the oestradiol levels. Prolactin levels were slightly but significantly increased in subclinical hypothyroidism."

"Three months later, the erectile dysfunction had resolved and thyroid function and total testosterone had returned to normal – TSH 0.90 uU/ml, FT4 1.16 ng/dl, and total testosterone 522.8 ng/dl."

Doludolu

You're a good candidate for testosterone cream on the scrotum.
Trying to avoid synthetic hormones as then my own's production will be affected or possibly shut down. Experimenting with herbs and naturals, healthy lifestyle.
They don't actually boost gonadotropin hormones, but they'll increase your well-being by increasing aromatase.
Isn't aromatase bad? Or it's because I have low Estrogen usually, which would help me to increase it and balance hormonal profile ?
Thanks.

Doludolu

"Untreated hypothyroid men showed a normal hormone sex response to hCG, but the LH responst to GnRH was reduced, with a tendency to improve after T4 supplementation. There was a strong and significant negative correlation between FT4 and testosterone response, expressed as an area under the curve, and a positive correlation with LH response to GnRH. Despite normal basal free testosterone concentrations, 70% of hyperthyroid and 60% of hypothyroid patients had complaints of decreased libido. The results suggest that thyroid hormones play an important dual pituitary-gonadal effect that is reflected by an impairment of testicular testosterone synthesis associated to hyperresponse to LH in hyperthyroidism and a defective LH response to GnRH in hypothyroidism."

"FSH and LH levels in men with thyroid dysfunction tend to be in the normal range, though in more severe hypothyroidism patients may exhibit elevated gonadotropins"

Thyroid increases GABA and GABA, by binding to GABA-A, thus promoting the release of GnRH. Glucose oxidation is also necessary for optimal GnRH and LH release, and thyroid optimizes glucose oxidation. Giving thyroid increases androgens, that is well known.
The herbs you linked are all good, but they won't fix the problem. Fixing thyroid, either with thyroid use or indirectly, is a much better approach.
"This suggests an effect of hypothyroidism on gonadotrophin secretion at the level of the hypothalamus-pituitary, either directly or through modulation of prolactin secretion. Low free testosterone may also be a contributing factor to some of the symptoms and signs of hypothyroidism in men."

"Subclinical hypothyroidism was associated with a decrease in the levels of serum testosterone and its precursor progesterone. The data suggest that serum testosterone declines because of the non-availability of its precursor progesterone. The level of oestradiol was similar in both the groups, suggesting a greater conversion rate of testosterone to oestradiol in subclinically hypothyroid males, in order to maintain the oestradiol levels. Prolactin levels were slightly but significantly increased in subclinical hypothyroidism."

"Three months later, the erectile dysfunction had resolved and thyroid function and total testosterone had returned to normal – TSH 0.90 uU/ml, FT4 1.16 ng/dl, and total testosterone 522.8 ng/dl."
Thank you, such great information and studies... ! Hans Amato as always ! ;)
I think I'm doing now pretty much everything Peaty to optimize thyroid function, but likely this will need some time to kick-in.

This is my blood-work on thyroid 1 1/2 months ago and 2,5 weeks ago , could you comment whether you see something significant or the thyroid is working well?

1 1/2 months ago:
TSH -1.18 [0.27 - 4.2]
FT3 -2.67 [ 3.1-6.80 ]
FT4 - 12.36 [12.5 - 32.20]
ATPO (Antibodies against thyroid peroxidase) - 15.37 [0 - 34.0]

2,5 weeks ago:
TSH -1.69 [ 0.27 - 4.20]
FT3 - 3.43 [3.10 - 6.80 ]
FT4 - 12.68 [ 12.00 - 22.00 ]
ATPO (Antibodies against thyroid peroxidase) - 19.87 [ 0 - 34.0 ]

Wondering if this is functional or there are any hindrances. Thank you.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Thank you, such great information and studies... ! Hans Amato as always ! ;)
I think I'm doing now pretty much everything Peaty to optimize thyroid function, but likely this will need some time to kick-in.

This is my blood-work on thyroid 1 1/2 months ago and 2,5 weeks ago , could you comment whether you see something significant or the thyroid is working well?

1 1/2 months ago:
TSH -1.18 [0.27 - 4.2]
FT3 -2.67 [ 3.1-6.80 ]
FT4 - 12.36 [12.5 - 32.20]
ATPO (Antibodies against thyroid peroxidase) - 15.37 [0 - 34.0]

2,5 weeks ago:
TSH -1.69 [ 0.27 - 4.20]
FT3 - 3.43 [3.10 - 6.80 ]
FT4 - 12.68 [ 12.00 - 22.00 ]
ATPO (Antibodies against thyroid peroxidase) - 19.87 [ 0 - 34.0 ]

Wondering if this is functional or there are any hindrances. Thank you.
T3 is up a little which is encouraging. Ideally you want T3 in the upper range (depending on symptoms ofc).
Antibodies are a little up as well.

What specifically are you using to improve thyroid function?

Doludolu

T3 is up a little which is encouraging. Ideally you want T3 in the upper range (depending on symptoms ofc).
Antibodies are a little up as well.

What specifically are you using to improve thyroid function?
Higher carbohydrate diet, more fruits, honey and introducing well-cooked starch now, more cholesterol in diet via eggs and liver. Coming from 2months experimentation with Keto & Carnivore, prior to that was Peaty for good 6-8 months) ; Lowering inflammation ; Did Gut detoxification (herbal) protocol , Liver & Gallbladder flush

Sunlight, daily movement, walks, higher intensity exercise (mainly calisthenics & sprints), most problems with Circadian rhythms to stay consistent, but slowly will get into the rhythm as I'm quite a disciplined person.

In terms of supplements: gut healing compounds such as L-glutamine, Zinc carnosine (Pepzinc), more bone broths, collagen, gelatin in diet. As leaky gut - thyroid connection is big, that's I guess important for me as I suffer multiple years from excess gas, bloating, likely Candida overgrowth / SIBO, occasional constipation, occasional skin problems, despite optimizing it quite a lot and having being done a lot of herbal detoxes, tried many probiotics and etc.

Other probably positively affecting my thyroid: Thyroid glandular, Aspirin (occasionaly), bioactive B group vitamins, vitamin D3 and K2,

I drink coffee usually 2-3x a week as over time I feel it burns me out and my baseline levels of energy (non-caffeinated) get reduce, which is a net negative and I'm adrenal sensitive.. I feel great and super productive after coffee, but I remember the times in High school with high stress and coffee and burning out, thus I'm just drinking it now in a smarter way, with periodic breaks every now and then. Seems to work.

Also, I used to fast like every 2-3 weeks for 36 hours or more, did even 72 hours. Gut feels great, I feel rejuvenated afterwards. Probably not that good for thyroid optimization and metabolism, as constant influx of nutrients is needed to keep the fire going. But for me it's just if I eat many calories everyday after some days I feel my GI starts slowing down, I can eat say evening meal at 7-8pm and wake up sometimes burping with smell of undigested food (sitting in stomach?) - despite optimizing gut health, such as using apple cider vinegar, digestive enzymes, betaine, ox bile, natural bitters, ginger , cayenne, horseradish & etc -- so the occasional fastings really help.

Perhaps I should do something else with the thyroid ? Thanks.

T

TheBeard

Trying to avoid synthetic hormones as then my own's production will be affected or possibly shut down. Experimenting with herbs and naturals, healthy lifestyle.

Isn't aromatase bad? Or it's because I have low Estrogen usually, which would help me to increase it and balance hormonal profile ?
Thanks.

Testosterone cream didn't shut me down at all even after one year of megadose continuous use.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Higher carbohydrate diet, more fruits, honey and introducing well-cooked starch now, more cholesterol in diet via eggs and liver. Coming from 2months experimentation with Keto & Carnivore, prior to that was Peaty for good 6-8 months) ; Lowering inflammation ; Did Gut detoxification (herbal) protocol , Liver & Gallbladder flush

Sunlight, daily movement, walks, higher intensity exercise (mainly calisthenics & sprints), most problems with Circadian rhythms to stay consistent, but slowly will get into the rhythm as I'm quite a disciplined person.

In terms of supplements: gut healing compounds such as L-glutamine, Zinc carnosine (Pepzinc), more bone broths, collagen, gelatin in diet. As leaky gut - thyroid connection is big, that's I guess important for me as I suffer multiple years from excess gas, bloating, likely Candida overgrowth / SIBO, occasional constipation, occasional skin problems, despite optimizing it quite a lot and having being done a lot of herbal detoxes, tried many probiotics and etc.

Other probably positively affecting my thyroid: Thyroid glandular, Aspirin (occasionaly), bioactive B group vitamins, vitamin D3 and K2,

I drink coffee usually 2-3x a week as over time I feel it burns me out and my baseline levels of energy (non-caffeinated) get reduce, which is a net negative and I'm adrenal sensitive.. I feel great and super productive after coffee, but I remember the times in High school with high stress and coffee and burning out, thus I'm just drinking it now in a smarter way, with periodic breaks every now and then. Seems to work.

Also, I used to fast like every 2-3 weeks for 36 hours or more, did even 72 hours. Gut feels great, I feel rejuvenated afterwards. Probably not that good for thyroid optimization and metabolism, as constant influx of nutrients is needed to keep the fire going. But for me it's just if I eat many calories everyday after some days I feel my GI starts slowing down, I can eat say evening meal at 7-8pm and wake up sometimes burping with smell of undigested food (sitting in stomach?) - despite optimizing gut health, such as using apple cider vinegar, digestive enzymes, betaine, ox bile, natural bitters, ginger , cayenne, horseradish & etc -- so the occasional fastings really help.

Perhaps I should do something else with the thyroid ? Thanks.
You're doing great with your protocol. The thyroid should slowly recover as your health is improving, and I'd just make sure I'm euthyroid with thyroid supplementation, while recovering. The best time to take off from thyroid is in the summer to see if you need it anymore or not.
The thyroid requires selenium, zinc, iron, B-vitamins and other vitamins and minerals to work properly, so make sure your diet is nutrient dense. The best way for that is frequent milk, kidney and oyster consumption.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals