Can anyone help to define my thyroid condition???

DanteNXS

Hello,

I have been going through hell for the past few months, and my ENDO and PCD still have not been able to properly diagnose my condition.

Here are my symptoms: Cold extremities/mild anxiety/palpitations/brain fog/tremors/fatigue/insomnia

I have also lost 40 pounds in the last 4 months and have no appetite

I am currently taken Propranolol, Methimazole, Ativan as needed

Here are my test results: last 3

TSH = .185 .261 .314 (uIL/ML)
FT4 = .09 .09 .09 (NG/DL)
FT3 = 3.3 2.5 3.1 (pg/mL)

Only 1 test result for the following

RT3= 33 ng/dl
Creatinine = 2336 (24hr urine)
Cortisol = 5.9 UG/DL
GH = 0.3 NG/ML
Prolactin = 4.4 NG/ML

I have a lot more test results if you need further info.

Mittir

How long ago you get those 3 tests? What is your total cholesterol level?
Low TSH, low T4 , high T3, anxiety, palpitation and rapid weight loss can indicate hyperthyroidism.
RP recommends total T3 and T4 tests instead of FT4 and FT3 tests.
Though most of the time Free T3 T4 tests reflects toatl T3 an T4 status but not always.
Your reverse T3 is bit high.

Hypothyroid people often go through short term hyperthyroid phase, which can
last few months.

Hyperthyroid state increases need for calories and nutrients.

OP
D

DanteNXS

All of these test were done within the last few weeks.

They keep back and forth between subclinical Hyperthyroidism and Thyrotoxicosis, to adrenal issues. No real answers, while I am going through all these bad symptoms.

TT4 = 8.2 UG/DL Taken 6 days ago
TT3 = 106 NG/DL Taken 6 days ago

HDL = 53 mg/dl
VLDL = 32
Total LDL-C =102
Cholesterol = 178

answersfound

No need to "define". It's all hypothyroidism and everyone has different weaknesses that you need to learn to attack with foods and supplements. Lower the stress hormones

OP
D

DanteNXS

So you're saying HYPO, and not HYPERthyroidism.

Can you tell me how you came to this conclusion, so I can better understand. I am being told by my doctors, that it's HYPER, due to all the symptoms.

Thanks,

answersfound

DanteNXS said:
post 106643 So you're saying HYPO, and not HYPERthyroidism.

Can you tell me how you came to this conclusion, so I can better understand. I am being told by my doctors, that it's HYPER, due to all the symptoms.

Thanks,

Idk for sure but hypo manifests in many different ways. Hyper is very rare. What is your temp and pulse

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
D

DanteNXS

My temp stays around 97.5 and my pulse ~63

They prescribed me meds for Hyper, but they make me feel like @#$%.

During my research I found multiple papers stating that a low TSH, accompanied by a below normal T4 and T3, was representative of a pituitary/adrenal disorder. But my docs will not even consider this.

answersfound

Lol you ain't hyper

OP
D

DanteNXS

The following highlights the most commonly experienced Hyperthyroidism symptoms: I took out the ones that I am not experiencing.

I am experiencing all of the below:

You may experience appetite fluctuations and/or changes.

You may suffer from bouts of restlessness.

It is very common for patients to suffer from insomnia.

You may find that you are not able to fall asleep when it comes time to rest or you are unable to stay asleep for long periods of time. This can last all nite for nights on end.

You may experience heart palpitations and discomfort in your chest.

Fatigue is a common occurrence with Hyperthyroidism. Initially, you may have a lot of energy. However, as time progresses, the energy starts to drop dramatically and you may feel degrees of exhaustion – ranging from mild to severe.

Mood issues are also some of the most common Hyperthyroidism symptomsand may even start to suffer from anxiety and panic attacks.

Mental disturbances, nervousness and cognitive complications are all key markers of Hyperthyroidism.

Changes may start to occur with the vision.
Dizziness may be experienced.

The body – particularly the hands and fingers – may start to develop tremors or unexplained shaking.

Mittir

DanteNXS said:
post 106637 All of these test were done within the last few weeks.

They keep back and forth between subclinical Hyperthyroidism and Thyrotoxicosis, to adrenal issues. No real answers, while I am going through all these bad symptoms.

TT4 = 8.2 UG/DL Taken 6 days ago
TT3 = 106 NG/DL Taken 6 days ago

HDL = 53 mg/dl
VLDL = 32
Total LDL-C =102
Cholesterol = 178

These total T4 and T3 numbers do not show hyperthyroidism. Total T3 of 106 can be considered as
hypo. Confusing part of thyroid problem is that both hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism have
a lot of overlapping symptoms like insomnia, anxiety, palpitation etc.

One possible explanation is that you have Hashimoto type of colloid goiter where
estrogen blocks release of thyroid hormone from the glands, which causes
hypothyroidism but it also increases thyroid hormone content of the glands.
Have you tested for antibodies?
Estrogen is the main cause for that and when glands has a chance to release
thyroid hormone it releases too much from the storage, which causes
hyperthyroid symptoms. RP recommends drinking raw cabbage juice to lower
thyroid function during hyper period. He also mentioned a drugs that slows down
thyroid instead of cutting out thyroids. You will need to improve your diet
for both hypo and hyper thyroid problems.

You can learn more about this from RP's interview on thyroids.
KMUD Hypothyroid and Hashimoto
viewtopic.php?f=73&t=5560

East West Healing : Thyroid
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/eastwesthe ... at-is-back

Sea

DanteNXS said:
The following highlights the most commonly experienced Hyperthyroidism symptoms: I took out the ones that I am not experiencing.

I am experiencing all of the below:

You may experience appetite fluctuations and/or changes.

You may suffer from bouts of restlessness.

It is very common for patients to suffer from insomnia.

You may find that you are not able to fall asleep when it comes time to rest or you are unable to stay asleep for long periods of time. This can last all nite for nights on end.

You may experience heart palpitations and discomfort in your chest.

Fatigue is a common occurrence with Hyperthyroidism. Initially, you may have a lot of energy. However, as time progresses, the energy starts to drop dramatically and you may feel degrees of exhaustion – ranging from mild to severe.

Mood issues are also some of the most common Hyperthyroidism symptomsand may even start to suffer from anxiety and panic attacks.

Mental disturbances, nervousness and cognitive complications are all key markers of Hyperthyroidism.

Changes may start to occur with the vision.
Dizziness may be experienced.

The body – particularly the hands and fingers – may start to develop tremors or unexplained shaking.

These are all typical symptoms of hypothyroidism.

The first step is to try to increase your temps/pulse via eating more calories.

OP
D

DanteNXS

Where are you finding this information?

I cannot find anything that shows my symptoms as relating to Hypothyroidism. If you can share your resources, I would be grateful.

Everything I can find on Hypo, is the exact opposite of my symptoms.

This is all so confusing. Also, is there a particular diet or food list, to assist me with meeting this goal?

Thanks,

DanteNXS

Sea

DanteNXS said:
post 106661 Where are you finding this information?

I cannot find anything that shows my symptoms as relating to Hypothyroidism. If you can share your resources, I would be grateful.

Everything I can find on Hypo, is the exact opposite of my symptoms.

This is all so confusing. Also, is there a particular diet or food list, to assist me with meeting this goal?

Thanks,

DanteNXS

Your temp and pulse rate are below normal which indicates you have a slow metabolism(hypothyroidism), along with every symptom you have listed and your lack of appetite. Hyperthyroidism isn't an actual problem, but if you were hyperthyroid you would feel amazing and you would be eating a ton of calories with no problems, it would really be the best time of your life. Many of the people in this forum attempt to make themselves hyperthyroid for all of the health benefits that come with increasing the temps and pulse rate to above the normal 98.6 and 85 pulse.

http://www.thyroid-info.com/articles/ray-peat.htm

http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/thyroid.shtml

http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/hy ... dism.shtml

The most important thing about diet is to avoid polyunsaturated fats and to only consume foods that you can digest well. Follow your cravings and make sure to eat a lot of salt. Food is discussed in greater detail in this forum, but for a hypothyroid person, foods like milk, gelatin, and liver probably aren't advisable as the digestive tract will be to weak to digest them until improvements are made in the temp/pulse. Also keep in mind that the stress hormones elevated in hypothyroidism suppress the appetite, so just force yourself to eat throughout the day even when you aren't hungry as calories are the most important component to reverse the condition.

OP
D

DanteNXS

I am still confused. I guess being so new to all of this, I am not interpreting the information as you are.

I am seeing a holistic doctor next week, perhaps he can shed some light on this issue as well.

burtlancast

I believe one major symptom of hyperthyroidy, used to adjust thyroid medication is a fast heart beat.
Another major symptom is heat intolerance.
You have neither.

I agree with the others that hyperthyroidy is very rare, and i don't believe that's your problem.

Have you tried high dose pregnenolone ? It acts as a surrogate for any steroid hormone deficiency or imbalance.
If it does help, it might indicate an endocrine disorder indeed.

But if it doesn't, you might be looking at a non endocrine disorder, like an infection, or a poisonning ?

In any case, be very careful with any medication, as their side effects might add to the already complicated clinical problems and further confuse the situation.

OP
D

DanteNXS

Well,

I guess I forgot to mention, that the reason they put me on the propranolol, is to control my HR, which used to get up 185+ and actually sent me to the ER several times. My BP would also go through roof.

My HR prior to going on propranolol was around 90, with occasional spikes as high 185. My BP would also get around 200/125. It was very scary.

I am mostly cold, not hot. Toes/hands/feet/legs all cold.

Sea

DanteNXS said:
post 106667 Well,

I guess I forgot to mention, that the reason they put me on the propranolol, is to control my HR, which used to get up 185+ and actually sent me to the ER several times. My BP would also go through roof.

I am mostly cold, not hot. Toes/hands/feet/legs all cold.

That indicates a period of high adrenaline which occurs when your liver runs out of stored glycogen and can be corrected with the quick consumption of a high fructose food like honey. All of the drugs you have listed I don't think are safe to use and I would be cautious with even the safer drugs and supplements discussed in this forum until you can manage to consume enough calories. A normal amount is 2500 for a female or 3000 for a male but when you are hypothyroid the body can need even more calories than this to heal the condition.

OP
D

DanteNXS

I totally agree with you about the meds not being safe, but I needed something, as these spells were getting serious.

I have always been one to go the holistic route, but this issue has thrown me for a loop.

I want to get off the meds asap, but need to find the proper avenue, as I do not want to experience those crazy symptoms again. The symptoms I am experiencing now are bad enough.

I am truly at my wits end here and I greatly appreciate all the advice and information everyone is providing. Please keep it coming.

Thanks,

burtlancast

What do you eat ?

Are you taking measures to avoid known food poisons like aspartame, MSG ( and all it's hidden forms) ?
Do you have good or bad teeths ?
Have you had recent dental work ?

OP
D

DanteNXS

Prior to this happening (7/22/15) I always ate fairly well. Since my symptoms have begun, my appetite has disappeared. I still eat healthy, drink nothing but water, but do not eat a lot.

I eat salads, veggies, turkey, small amounts of fruit, organic yogurt, steel cut oatmeal, nuts...

I was exercising 2 times a day, but now I cannot exercise at all, due to fatigue and HR issues.

My teeth are good, no dental work.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals