Can anyone guide me to the overall best threads to help me understand the gist of ray peat

DojaCat

I have a muscular Dystrophy and I'm looking for advice in improving my health and preventing any more atrophy of my muscles. Is there any forums that are helpful for newcomers who are trying to get an overall understanding of pufas and overall health in general.

I have a muscular Dystrophy and I'm looking for advice in improving my health and preventing any more atrophy of my muscles. Is there any forums that are helpful for newcomers who are trying to get an overall understanding of pufas and overall health in general.
It is a lot to take in DojaCat. Start with this chart and go from there. I am five years at it and still learning. Don't think you are gonna do everything everybody else does. I still have never taken thyroid or pregnenolone.

Attachments

• 77928b166ae683ee21270f72d15b7467.png
    77928b166ae683ee21270f72d15b7467.png
    75.7 KB · Views: 324
OP
DojaCat

DojaCat

Thank you for the help!
It is a lot to take in DojaCat. Start with this chart and go from there. I am five years at it and still learning. Don't think you are gonna do everything everybody else does. I still have never taken thyroid or pregnenolone.

Tripodi

This forum is a great start. Have you gone to raypeat.com ? It is loaded with articles that you may find of great help

Michael Mohn

The elevator pitch of the metabolic approach is: It's about energy and structure. The more energy your body can produce the easier you can heal your body (tissue, structure) and the more active you can be. There're factors that increase energy production like sugar, protein, saturated fats, caffeine, aspirin, thyroid, enjoyable meaningful activities or factors decreasing energy like pufa, excess fibre, prolonged darkness, inescapable stress & conflict etc. If you have already advanced tissue dysfunctions then it might take more time to heal and more changes.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Muscle dystrophy is related to excess inflammation and cortisol, so looked at PUFA, aspirin, vitamin E, progesterone and thyroid should be helpful.

BRMarshall

Sometimes it is best to go to the source material....Ray Peat himself....His numerous articles are engagable, practical and have references. Peat's ideas are consistent, so amongst different articles one will start to see that consistent message, with hints on ways one may act. This forum and other resources serve as good places where such hints, practical suggestions, might be discussed....the articles can be a challenge, but in a way that will help make one smarter!

Doing a quick search this might be a place to start in that muscular dystrophy is mentioned.

Doing a search for muscular dystrophy and ray peat forum

OP
DojaCat

DojaCat

Sometimes it is best to go to the source material....Ray Peat himself....His numerous articles are engagable, practical and have references. Peat's ideas are consistent, so amongst different articles one will start to see that consistent message, with hints on ways one may act. This forum and other resources serve as good places where such hints, practical suggestions, might be discussed....the articles can be a challenge, but in a way that will help make one smarter!

Doing a quick search this might be a place to start in that muscular dystrophy is mentioned.

Doing a search for muscular dystrophy and ray peat forum

when he refers to gelatin is he referring to powdered gelatin?

when he refers to gelatin is he referring to powdered gelatin?
I personally don't think he is referring to powdered gelatin. He has talked about not cooking bone broths for more than 3 hours because of toxins and heavy metals that have collected in the bones, getting released into the broth cooking them too long. I am sure those powder gelatines have gotten their maker's money's worth out of those bones. You cannot get gelatin from bones in 3 hours. He talks more about making gelatinous broths from joints, knuckles, skin and cartilage.

OP
DojaCat

DojaCat

I personally don't think he is referring to powdered gelatin. He has talked about not cooking bone broths for more than 3 hours because of toxins and heavy metals that have collected in the bones, getting released into the broth cooking them too long. I am sure those powder gelatines have gotten their maker's money's worth out of those bones. You cannot get gelatin from bones in 3 hours. He talks more about making gelatinous broths from joints, knuckles, skin and cartilage.
Thanks, this is extremley helpful

Thanks, this is extremley helpful
I use it the powdered stuff for make fresh fruit jello and my husband has it for sleep once in a while, otherwise fresh is best. I posted my recipe for chicken bone broth at the link below. You're are so welcome :D

I came across this Ray Peat quote and thought of you right away Dojo when he mentioned Muscular Dystrophy! ?

"Since excess tryptophan is known to produce muscle pain, myositis, even muscular dystrophy, gelatin is an appropriate food for helping to correct those problems, simply because of its lack of tryptophan. (Again, the popular nutritional idea of amino acids as simply building blocks for tissues is exactly wrong--muscle protein can exacerbate muscle disease.) All of the conditions involving excess prolactin, serotonin, and cortisol (autism, postpartum and premenstrual problems, Cushing's disease, "diabetes," impotence, etc.) should benefit from reduced consumption of tryptophan. But the specifically antiinflammatory amino acids in gelatin also antagonize the excitatory effects of the tryptophan-serotonin-estrogen- prolactin system."

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals