Can anyone explain why I felt amazing after french fries and other crap?

rei

More calories than usual? More salt than usual?

Also taking lots of PUFA can reduce inflammation since it is immunosuppressive that can give your body a rest.

OP
J

Jack Earth

More calories than usual? More salt than usual?

Also taking lots of PUFA can reduce inflammation since it is immunosuppressive that can give your body a rest.
Yes definitely way more calories than usual I wouldn't be surprised if it was double my norm. Salt was very high.
Pufa was I'm sure was already pretty high when at the Mex spots but the fries I had at the end had a massive amount of pufa

Makrosky

I concur! Although progesterone, vitamin D, aspirin, cyproheptadine have had some pretty powerful effects when I needed them.
Absolutely! I use a lot of supps also. What I am saying is that this plandemic year I had the chance to experiment the effects of both (environment vs supps) in a very controlled set because of lockdowns, etc... and what I have found is environment is way more powerful.

DrJ

Probably you aren't getting adequate calories on your more restrictive diet.

TheSir

When I am isolated/ish for some time plandemic style and I drink ONE SINGLE BEER at home, alone, I get a very unsatisfying drunk feeling. Only the negatives. Plus a hangover that lasts the whole next day. Crazy. I never had this before.
You get hangover from a single beer?

mrchibbs

I need to learn how to cook :). These restaurants>>> anything I could ever make

Definitely! Over the past 2 years during some downtime recovering and also over the past year of lockdowns and such, I developed a fascination for watching youtube cooking videos and I got tremendously better all around in the kitchen.

I can literally make any fastfood dish, even better than what I get in restaurants now, and also using saturated fats only. It takes some time but in this instance youtube is your friend, I don't think we'll see censorship issues with cooking videos anytime soon.

There are countless great cooking videos, and eventually after watching them regularly you start to understand the overarching techniques.

skuabird

The high salt ?
That would be my guess too, along with what other people are saying about relaxing and just enjoying your food.

It happened to me last week. I ate sushi and miso and felt amazing (even though I usually react to soy). Had an amazing sleep and felt great the next day too. I think the salt in the miso had a huge impact. My current diet is high in skim milk and juice leads to calories without salt

TheSir

hahah yes man. It is crazy how environment (or call it "context") affects.
Interesting. I begin to feel it the following day from 4-6 beers oward. I drink quite often though. I'd imagine that if Iived a very pure life and were in tune with my body I'd be able to notice a difference with just one drink like you do. At the same time though, if I drink even one cup of tea I will feel lethargic for 1-2 days.

Makrosky

Interesting. I begin to feel it the following day from 4-6 beers oward. I drink quite often though. I'd imagine that if Iived a very pure life and were in tune with my body I'd be able to notice a difference with just one drink like you do. At the same time though, if I drink even one cup of tea I will feel lethargic for 1-2 days.
The thing is that this can happen one weekend, then the next weekend I travel back home, I go with friends etc... and I can handle alcohol as normal. So that is what I am saying, context completely modulates it. It is when you cut out external variables that you can notice its real effects.

This is my experience.

TheSir

The thing is that this can happen one weekend, then the next weekend I travel back home, I go with friends etc... and I can handle alcohol as normal. So that is what I am saying, context completely modulates it. It is when you cut out external variables that you can notice its real effects.

This is my experience.
Do you feel considerably burdened by loneliness / being alone? Would you say that it acts like a stressor to you? Are you more extroverted than introverted?

Makrosky

Do you feel considerably burdened by loneliness / being alone? Would you say that it acts like a stressor to you? Are you more extroverted than introverted?
Of course. Forced loneliness is probably the strongest stressor that exists.

akgrrrl

What do you mean "tea" lethargy 2 days? 5,000 types of tea since that only means a substance in water. What made you listless?

Sam321

Because there is more to emotional state than the food you put inside yourself.

TheSir

Of course. Forced loneliness is probably the strongest stressor that exists.
Yeah, understandable. I wonder how that would translate in regards to someone to whom socializing is a stressor. Would they be better off after getting drunk alone vs in a social situation? Often a big part of the hangover is anxiously going over all the stupid things you said and did the previous night.

What do you mean "tea" lethargy 2 days? 5,000 types of tea since that only means a substance in water. What made you listless?
I mean caffeine, which teas are quite light on. Even that small amount is enough to give a buzz that lasts all day and leaves me below baseline for 1-2 days afterwards.

akgrrrl

Yeah, understandable. I wonder how that would translate in regards to someone to whom socializing is a stressor. Would they be better off after getting drunk alone vs in a social situation? Often a big part of the hangover is anxiously going over all the stupid things you said and did the previous night.

I mean caffeine, which teas are quite light on. Even that small amount is enough to give a buzz that lasts all day and leaves me below baseline for 1-2 days afterwards.
Ok well now I can really relate. After extrication of prescribed benzos, my gaba receptors were really sensitive to the teeniest bit of caffeine. Like, no chocolate after 3pm or no sleep for 24hrs. Yes.
Not to derail the thread, but to make a recommend, 100% of every man I have told loves Bengal tea by Celestial Seasonings.
Make a stovetop pan of excellent chai by boiling some sweet spices and then add teabags. Take bags out and bring to boil with added milk, pinch salt, and sugar.
(Cardamom, nutmeg, cinnamon, allspice, clove, white pepper any combination) yummy iced or steamy

OP
J

Jack Earth

That would be my guess too, along with what other people are saying about relaxing and just enjoying your food.

It happened to me last week. I ate sushi and miso and felt amazing (even though I usually react to soy). Had an amazing sleep and felt great the next day too. I think the salt in the miso had a huge impact. My current diet is high in skim milk and juice leads to calories without salt
There's something to this.. I've heard ray talk about having salty snacks if you wake up too early and need to go back to sleep

Makrosky

Good question. It has probably been studied.

I also noticed the hangover feelings are modulated by the day after environment. Unless you really did ****88 up things haha then nothing can save you from feeling bad about the stupidities you did.

Cheers

Dr. B

Definitely! Over the past 2 years during some downtime recovering and also over the past year of lockdowns and such, I developed a fascination for watching youtube cooking videos and I got tremendously better all around in the kitchen.

I can literally make any fastfood dish, even better than what I get in restaurants now, and also using saturated fats only. It takes some time but in this instance youtube is your friend, I don't think we'll see censorship issues with cooking videos anytime soon.

There are countless great cooking videos, and eventually after watching them regularly you start to understand the overarching techniques.
whats the secret to all the restaurant burgers? how is the meat so good compared to home cooked ground beef, even high fat