Can anyone advise

M134

Hi everyone

I don't want to complain but I will anyway.
I have chronic fatigue and rosacea and blepharitis and lots of other things but those are the main ones. I've tried so much including staying positive but it's getting so tough. Every day it's something else like muscles spasms or vertigo as well as the fatigue and then I look in the mirror and my face is red and my eyes all inflamed and I can't see clearly out of my right one. I guess those problems aren't major compared to some people but I just don't like my life anymore and I wanted to ask has anyone had symptoms like these which have been made better with anything?

Thanks so much and sorry for the wallowing

Mel

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Hi Mel. Sorry to hear about your rough time. I think there's a lot of people who will be happy to chime in but you will probably need to post your current diet and other aspects of what you are doing to give good background, if you don't mind sharing. :D

SQu

There is an article on rosacea on ray peat's website. I'm sure that you will feel much better following his guidelines and reading his articles, even the ones that don't seem directly relevant. My cfs is almost 100% gone and I had it for many many years! When I do feel it I now know it's estrogen and serotonin and I can quickly put a stop to it. Definitely read the dietary guidelines. Throw yourself into it, as much as possible , be patient with setbacks, keep going, and you'll get results. Best of luck!

OP
M

M134

Hi

Thanks so much for responding

A typical day will be

Breakfast

Yogurt and blueberries

Lunch

Cucumber and carrot salad with tuna or fish

Dinner

Potatoes or brown rice with white fish or chicken

I did try drinking more milk but it seems to give me more of a foggy feeling and make my fatigue worse quite quickly. Fruit juices and sugar seems to make my rosacea break out. On top of that I seem to react badly to foods high in histamine or sacylicates acid.

Thanks for saying there is hope that's really all that's getting me through

Filip1993

I think you need to eat more if you want to feel better. Try up your calories a bit and see how you feel. Especially carbs.

SaltGirl

M134 said:
Hi

Thanks so much for responding

A typical day will be

Breakfast

Yogurt and blueberries

Lunch

Cucumber and carrot salad with tuna or fish

Dinner

Potatoes or brown rice with white fish or chicken

I did try drinking more milk but it seems to give me more of a foggy feeling and make my fatigue worse quite quickly. Fruit juices and sugar seems to make my rosacea break out. On top of that I seem to react badly to foods high in histamine or sacylicates acid.

Thanks for saying there is hope that's really all that's getting me through

That looks to be very low in calories.

The foggy feeling and fatigue from the milk might be your stress hormones coming down, in effect revealing how exhausted you really are.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I carried the CFS diagnosis for over a decade and I am currently well. I don't think there is one simple quick fix measure that will effortlessly resolve the symptoms you are experiencing. What I do feel personally really allowed my body to heal was a complete change in diet following RP's dietary guidelines as I understood them and implementing the other lifestyle changes in line with promoting optimal cellular respiration. To me pretty much all the diseases are just a metabolic disturbance at the cellular level so no matter what specific words in the form of a diagnosis have been applied to a person I believe we can all work toward changing our pattern from degeneration to regeneration. I personally chose to start with the dietary changes and after a few months I began honing in on what I felt comfortable adding into the approach. That's just me and I'm sure others have done things differently with equally positive results. You may benefit from reviewing the dietary guidelines on the forum(I like to check them periodically myself) and possibly start exploring the idea of tracking your temps and heart rate to get an idea of where you are with metabolism. The cronometer that many forum members use might help give you a greater insight into your nutritional situation. All of these things helped me so I just thought I'd share one woman's experience of healing. I have gone on to add to my own approach but I think these are sound ideas for a start that couldn't harm anyone in the least.

timthai

Have a complete panel of hormones test. specially check all thyroid functions and testosterone. Often that is where the solution is. good luck

J

j.

M134 said:

If it's regular yogurt, the lactic acid can be a metabolic burden. Buying a plain yogurt and leaving it on a coffee filter overnight would result in less lactic acid.

with tuna or fish

chicken

Seems like an unnecessary ingestion of PUFAs.

mas

I was "diagnosed" with "CFS" also. I agree with Blossom about all diseases coming from the cellular metabolic dysfunction. RP offers insight and many ways to improve this. At first, it all seems overwhelming, but take a deep breath and just go slowly and don't get impatient with yourself. Been there and done that!

Did your thyroid blood tests indicate hypothyroid? (Mine didn't so don't get discouraged if it did not.)

Because I was so ill, I started improving my diet using a lot of Peat's principles ( and I am still looking at ways to improve now). I then slowly incorporated Pregnenolone for the last 5 months. Two weeks ago I started Progest-E with excellent results. In a week or so, I plan to start my Nutripak thyroid because multitudes of health problems, freezing cold extremities and general exhaustion from being hypothyroid and getting no diagnosis which has followed me all my life.

It is very discouraging to have another bad day- in spite of having wonderful results with Progest-E, I still had a bad down day yesterday. Healing is a lot of stepping forward and back, and even side to side. Understand that you are not alone. RP emphasis is that everyone is an individual and it is your own self discovery as to what works best.

Please do track your temperature and pulse. I have been doing this for the last couple of weeks and am keeping track of this info. I am now seeing patterns and will start my own log before I start the thyroid, I want to have this info to help guide me, and I still need a lot of guidance.

Also, every time I read RP articles, I can usually pick up something new!

SQu

I agree calories sound low and food choices not yet too helpful. I just listened to the kmud interview of 130621 and he mentioned in answer to a caller's question that cfs and fm are closely related to nutrition and hormones. His words not mine. And so I have found, emphatically. If it were me I'd slowly ( so as not to activate stress hormones unnecessarily like I did to my cost ,so let me repeat that - SLOWLY! ) Change over to his guidelines over the next few months.

Spokey

Your diet may be low in zinc and B6. I've had improvements with skin and eye inflammation presenting as a sort of rosaceous dermatitis by supplementing B6 on a Ray Peat-esk diet.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals