Can A Chronic Knee Injury Be Messing With My Health?

success23

Sorry i didn;t know where to post my question.

So can it? in what ways it can impact my heath in a negative way?

Thank you!

Hans

Forum Supporter
Sorry i didn;t know where to post my question.

So can it? in what ways it can impact my heath in a negative way?

Thank you!
Yes, pain can actually lower androgens, increase adrenal activity and increase serotonin.

ebs

Yes, pain can actually lower androgens, increase adrenal activity and increase serotonin.

What can be done if you have chronic pain? I definitely experience high serotonin symptoms (apathy/melancholy/lethargy) since I have TOS like symptoms in the shoulderblade and arm.

Hans

Forum Supporter
What can be done if you have chronic pain? I definitely experience high serotonin symptoms (apathy/melancholy/lethargy) since I have TOS like symptoms in the shoulderblade and arm.
Pregnenolone, anti-inflammatory compounds, agmatine, magnesium, progesterone, small doses tianpetine, etc., should be helpful.
Ginseng might help with the apathy and lethargy, but if you're prone to anxiety, it might make the anxiety worse.

yerrag

The question is why your knee injury is giving you pain. If your body is in an optimal state of health, the injury would have healed and you'll be as good as new.

Maybe you're healed already but ts just that you have become arthritic. If that were the case, you'll have to determine the cause and fix it. Often times though, you try different things to fix the arthritis. Once one way works, that's when you know what caused it.

That was my experience.

hei

If your body is in an optimal state of health, the injury would have healed and you'll be as good as new.
Sounds like a catch-22. If you had optimal health your body would have healed its injury, but if you're injured you're not in optimal health so your body refuses to heal.

yerrag

Health is more about how easily you recover from injury than about not getting injured. We don't live in a bubble.

hei

Health is more about how easily you recover from injury than about not getting injured. We don't live in a bubble.
But if you get injured and your body decides to shut itself down instead of healing, it's too late.

yerrag

But if you get injured and your body decides to shut itself down instead of healing, it's too late.
I'm not sure I get your point here.

hei

I'm not sure I get your point here.
The point is, you're saying that you need a strong metabolism to recover from injuries, meanwhile simply being injured negatively affects metabolism.
By the time you have a chronic injury it's too late to go back and fix things so that you heal from it in the first place, so you're stuck carrying around a metabolism-reducing chronic injury that leads to an even worse state than whatever you were in before.

yerrag

The point is, you're saying that you need a strong metabolism to recover from injuries, meanwhile simply being injured negatively affects metabolism.
By the time you have a chronic injury it's too late to go back and fix things so that you heal from it in the first place, so you're stuck carrying around a metabolism-reducing chronic injury that leads to an even worse state than whatever you were in before.
Why does getting injured necessarily destroy one's good metabolism? And good health?

Do all people heal equally well? Doesn't one's health affects the way and the rate he recovers?

hei

Why does getting injured necessarily destroy one's good metabolism? And good health?

Do all people heal equally well? Doesn't one's health affects the way and the rate he recovers?
Do you think having a chronic injury would improve your health? Or your metabolism? If other people heal better how would that help you?

yerrag

Do you think having a chronic injury would improve your health? Or your metabolism? If other people heal better how would that help you?
Why are you talking now about a chronic injury? You can create a new thread as this thread was about a knee injury that no one except you is describing as chronic.

And your question is somewhat rhetorical as the chronic qualification already disposes the answer towards it being an unhealthy situation.

Your line of questioning and even reasoning is not something I want to waste my time on.

hei

Why are you talking now about a chronic injury? You can create a new thread as this thread was about a knee injury that no one except you is describing as chronic.
The thread title literally includes the words "Chronic Knee Injury".

yerrag

The thread title literally includes the words "Chronic Knee Injury".
You're right about that. It is chronic as it's not resolving and going away. That I have to admit is chronic.

But does that mean the pain in one joint is so significant that the entire body will keel over and become metabolically unhealthy? Tell me if that is what you believe about your body, or anyone else's.

yerrag

Does the dog wag the tail or does the tail wag the dog?

hei

You're right about that. It is chronic as it's not resolving and going away. That I have to admit is chronic.

But does that mean the pain in one joint is so significant that the entire body will keel over and become metabolically unhealthy? Tell me if that is what you believe about your body, or anyone else's.
References on rT3 state that physical injury is a common cause of increased levels, so yes, I think metabolism can be suppressed just from a physical injury, and that if it remains injured (e.g. because the body prevented healing by suppressing its own metabolism) and metabolism remains suppressed, along with continued pain and physical impairments, then that would lead to a progressive decline in health.
Hans posted above other ways that physical pain worsens health.
Tell me if that is what you believe about your body
Yeah, in my opinion it's as resilient as tissue paper and little more than junk because of accumulated non-healing injuries.

yerrag

References on rT3 state that physical injury is a common cause of increased levels, so yes, I think metabolism can be suppressed just from a physical injury, and that if it remains injured (e.g. because the body prevented healing by suppressing its own metabolism) and metabolism remains suppressed, along with continued pain and physical impairments, then that would lead to a progressive decline in health.
Hans posted above other ways that physical pain worsens health.

Yeah, in my opinion it's as resilient as tissue paper and little more than junk because of accumulated non-healing injuries.
If that is the case with you, you should just avoid stepping out of the house so that you can avoid any injury in the name of preserving your good metabolism.

Avoid any sports as well.

Whatever reference to rT3 you can pull up, you talk as if you've never been injured and have no idea what it's like to heal.

The only time you've been injured is virtual, playing video games. When I injured my ankle real hard playing soccer, for example, I had pain for a few weeks. Did thst keep my ankle from healing? Did the rest of my body just fail to function because of it? But the injury fully healed, as if nothing ever happened. Did the rest of my body support that healing? Did a good metabolism provide the energy needed to support that healing?

Get injured for once in your lifetime to understand what I'm saying.

Last edited:

yerrag

I'm not. necessarily disagreeing with what Hans is saying, but it is contextual. What you're doing is to apply a limited instance, and dare I say an exceptional case (as in exception) and then applying the exception to the rule.

You're being dogmatic and not looking at the context. You must have been schooled on the idea that all pain is bad, and you need pain medication at all costs.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals