cwest

Does anyone know if you can use Camphosal indefinitely or for long periods of time? I've been using for 20 days. My bloat hasn't decreased, but my GERD cough is gone. Loving that benefit! But not sure if I should cycle off / not a good idea to stay on too long? Thanks :)

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Does anyone know if you can use Camphosal indefinitely or for long periods of time? I've been using for 20 days. My bloat hasn't decreased, but my GERD cough is gone. Loving that benefit! But not sure if I should cycle off / not a good idea to stay on too long? Thanks :)
Amazing to hear that!

I only tolerated it for a week at a time. After that it caused me rectal pains. Now I use it as a deodorant, topically, once a week.

cwest

Amazing to hear that!

I only tolerated it for a week at a time. After that it caused me rectal pains. Now I use it as a deodorant, topically, once a week.
Oh no, that sounds rough! But that's great to hear about the deodorant. Are you using just two drops each? How do you get enough to cover the surface of your armpit? Yeah, I haven't read anything yet about whether you can use long term orally -- anyone have thoughts?

Soren

Forum Supporter
Oh no, that sounds rough! But that's great to hear about the deodorant. Are you using just two drops each? How do you get enough to cover the surface of your armpit? Yeah, I haven't read anything yet about whether you can use long term orally -- anyone have thoughts?

For deodarant you only need a few drops per armpit, don't need to cover the whole area not in my experience anyway

valzim

This is strictly for bacteria, not fungal overgrowths like candida, right?
Bumping this question. Wondering as well. Using CamphoSal is like taking antibiotics. How do people react to killing off the bacteria. Does the candida start to become a problem then?

GreekDemiGod

I have just finished my first bottle of camphosal. Suffice to say it did not work for me and didn't have any perceived effect.

celeste

So I have pretty bad SIBO and took 6 drops camphosal on an empty, flat stomach... shortly after I got bloated! Uncomfortable but probably die-off? Definitely some rumbling sounds in the stomach. Then after dinner another 6 drops. Not sure if I can tolerate the full dose.

uderim

My wife suffers from very frequent embedded Uti's , the only thing that clears it is anti-biotics , I have bought some camphosal for her to try , I know the dose recommended is 25 drops , but I am not sure how often it should be taken , any advice would be welcome.
EDIT , i forgot to ask if it best to taken with food or on a empty stomach ?

Last edited:

celeste

Well, I‘m stopping the camphosal earlier than I expected.
Yesterday I took 12 drops after breakfast. In the afternoon I noticed small rash-like pimples on both hands, huh? I thought maybe the pollen I‘m reacting to.
At night I took another 12 drops and this morning I woke up from popping sounds coming from my stomach on the left side. It stopped when I moved around and set up in bed. And I developed the same rash on my hands on my belly.

When I take antimicrobials like oregano oil or even antibiotics I never have skin reactions, maybe I‘m sensitive to something in camphosal? Or still die-off?

I could retry taking it in lower doses when these rashes disappear, hmm..

Ogilvie

This is purely anecdotal, as is your post Celeste, but I developed full body hives that have been with me for two weeks now, starting a day after taking Camphosol the first time. I'm going to wait until the hives are gone and try a small drop on my arm to see if I just have a personal allergy to this. I hope it was something else that caused the hives because I'm excited about the scientific data regarding this as a viable antibiotic.

aguilaroja

My wife suffers from very frequent embedded Uti's , the only thing that clears it is anti-biotics , I have bought some camphosal for her to try , I know the dose recommended is 25 drops , but I am not sure how often it should be taken , any advice would be welcome.
EDIT , i forgot to ask if it best to taken with food or on a empty stomach ?
Mannose has worked for some in reducing UTI's:

D-mannose vs other agents for recurrent urinary tract infection prevention in adult women: a systematic review and meta-analysis - PubMed
D-mannose appears protective for recurrent urinary tract infection (vs placebo) with possibly similar effectiveness as antibiotics. Overall, D-mannose appears well tolerated with minimal side effects-only a small percentage experiencing diarrhea.

Role of D-Mannose in the Prevention of Recurrent Urinary Tract Infections: Evidence from a Systematic Review of the Literature - PubMed
D-Mannose is a sugar that seems to reduce the incidence of recurrent urinary tract infections and associated bothersome symptoms. It also leads to a longer duration between episodes of recurrences and consequently improves patient quality of life. D-Mannose can be used as a supplementary or alternate treatment for recurrent urinary tract infections.

Role of D-Mannose in the Prevention of Recurrent Uncomplicated Cystitis: State of the Art and Future Perspectives
D-mannose alone or in combination with several dietary supplements or Lactobacillus has a potential role in the non antimicrobial prophylaxis or recurrent UTI in women. Despite its frequent prescription in real-life practice,...further well-designed studies are urgently needed to definitively support the role of D-mannose in the management of recurrent UTIs in women.

uderim

Mannose has worked for some in reducing UTI's:

D-mannose vs other agents for recurrent urinary tract infection prevention in adult women: a systematic review and meta-analysis - PubMed
D-mannose appears protective for recurrent urinary tract infection (vs placebo) with possibly similar effectiveness as antibiotics. Overall, D-mannose appears well tolerated with minimal side effects-only a small percentage experiencing diarrhea.

Role of D-Mannose in the Prevention of Recurrent Urinary Tract Infections: Evidence from a Systematic Review of the Literature - PubMed
D-Mannose is a sugar that seems to reduce the incidence of recurrent urinary tract infections and associated bothersome symptoms. It also leads to a longer duration between episodes of recurrences and consequently improves patient quality of life. D-Mannose can be used as a supplementary or alternate treatment for recurrent urinary tract infections.

Role of D-Mannose in the Prevention of Recurrent Uncomplicated Cystitis: State of the Art and Future Perspectives
D-mannose alone or in combination with several dietary supplements or Lactobacillus has a potential role in the non antimicrobial prophylaxis or recurrent UTI in women. Despite its frequent prescription in real-life practice,...further well-designed studies are urgently needed to definitively support the role of D-mannose in the management of recurrent UTIs in women.
Thank you .

teds

Forum Supporter
I’ve been through this stream without finding why some people report constipation…. Did we ever discover why this might be happening to some?

P

Peatness

3 drops under each armpit? Do you rub it in with your fingers? Isn’t 6 drops enough to sting?
No sting. You can try just 2 drops. I put the drops on my finger and rub in. 24 hrs later still as fresh as kew gardens. Brilliant stuff @haidut

Bumping this question. Wondering as well. Using CamphoSal is like taking antibiotics. How do people react to killing off the bacteria. Does the candida start to become a problem then?
I have been struggling with candida for years. Things started getting better for a few weeks and I tried incorporating soak, boiled then cooked potatoes and white rice flour and my temps dropped and yeasty feelings came back. after months of no starch I should be able to eat a freaking potato. Anyway, I bought this and it should be here in a few days. I will give it a try and let you know

P

Peatness

I have been struggling with candida for years. Things started getting better for a few weeks and I tried incorporating soak, boiled then cooked potatoes and white rice flour and my temps dropped and yeasty feelings came back. after months of no starch I should be able to eat a freaking potato. Anyway, I bought this and it should be here in a few days. I will give it a try and let you know
Try high dose niacinamide, at least 500mg, it's a powerful antifungal