OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
+1 on blood thinning question, I would like to know if this would have a comparable effect to a similar amount of aspirin...
Also, any advice on how best to ingest it so it best gets to the small intestine and colon, or does it matter? I'm thinking drink it in juice or what...

See my response above. Should have similar effects to a baby aspirin.

Inaut

Any differences between d-camphor and camphoric acid in terms of physiological actions?

Pointless

Damn, I'm getting this for my relatives, etc but for myself I'm hesitant. Aspirin is great but for us small sect of crohns weirdos, we don't respond well to it, even if in remission like myuself. Aspirin is a great mystery to me and it confirms that there is still a missing piece of the puzzle when it comes to crohns that separates from "normal" people. Camphor on the other hand :) has been one of my secret weapons.

I have Crohn's as well. Can you post more about your experience with camphor?

Epistrophy

It has been a full three days now taking Camphosol 25 drops/day. The following is the effects I have noticed throughout these three days.
  • Morning abdominal pain is gone! Especially, in my ileocecal area.
  • bowel movements every day and fecal color is full brown no other color variation
  • bloating is diminished
  • sleep seems to be normalizing
  • temperature is up and pulse is up
  • appetite is good
  • White on tongue is becoming less, but not fully gone.
Furthermore, I have noticed that my nervous system is stimulating (muscles etc.) with greater efficacy! I have been having weird issue with my pelvic floor and muscles related to the reproductive system which are clearing up, noticed stronger muscles and no weird feelings in the area.

Regina

It has been a full three days now taking Camphosol 25 drops/day. The following is the effects I have noticed throughout these three days.
  • bowel movements every day and fecal color is full brown no other color variation
  • bloating is diminished
  • appetite is good
Furthermore, I have noticed that my nervous system is stimulating (muscles etc.) with greater efficacy! I have been having weird issue with my pelvic floor and muscles related to the reproductive system which are clearing up, noticed stronger muscles and no weird feelings in the area.
Great feedback!

dfspcc20

• bloating is diminished
  • appetite is good

Are you taking all 25 drops at once, or spread out through the day?

Also, how did you get the product so quickly? Considering that haidut posted this just 3 days ago.

johnwester130

• bloating is diminished
  • appetite is good

does this improve bad breath ? I use OraMD and looking for a replacement product.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
can this deplete vitamin k

Why would it deplete vitamin K? What effects are you basing this on? If it is is due to the Salol - I doubt it as Peat usually recommends taking vitamin K when using more than 1 aspirin tablet (325mg) daily and Salol has about 60mg salicylic acid per dose.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Any differences between d-camphor and camphoric acid in terms of physiological actions?

I think they are very different in terms of physiological effects even though both have anti-bacterial effects. Unlike camphor, the camphoric acid does not seem to have effects on heart rate or blood pressure, while camphor does and this is why it is used as cardiac stimulant drug in some countries. Google "Europe camphor heart drug" for more info (no quotes when you search).

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
If I stink, would this help clear it out a bit ?

It depends on the reason for the odor. If it is due to intestinal fermentation then maybe. If it is due to oral bacteria, then using this as a mouthwash and keeping in the mouth for maybe 30sec should help. But if it is due to hormonal imbalance, liver issues, respiratory infections, etc then I am not sure.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
  • bloating is diminished
  • appetite is good

Awesome, thanks! Please keep us posted on developments.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut Do you have any intention in release a Mct , Tocopherol Version of This product?

I think solubility would be a problem in tocopherols/oil, but we can try. Why do you prefer it in tocopherol/oil? The goal is for this to work in the intestine, not get absorbed systemically, and dissolved in tocopherol/MCT it will probably absorb much better into the blood and have a lot weaker infect in the GI tract. So, it will not be the GI product it is now any more, and I am not sure what systemic effects it may have that would be desirable. If you have something in mind please share.

J

jb116

I have Crohn's as well. Can you post more about your experience with camphor?
I use vicks topically which contains camphor over the abdominal area and the other useful ingredients. It is hard to describe in its unique "cooling" property but it is very helpful.

It’s sour. Very sour. I used juice and neutralized it with potassium bicarbonate. Would that have any negative effect on it?