Mauritio

I've been taking camphosal during my (evening) meal.
Did you try it before your meal?
I don't get the endotoxin symptoms that I talked about after every meal if I take it on an empty stomach . There might be less bacteria that feed on my food I guess.

managing

Did you try it before your meal?
I don't get the endotoxin symptoms that I talked about after every meal if I take it on an empty stomach . There might be less bacteria that feed on my food I guess.
An interesting point. I'll try that this evening!

Last night I had a very mild headache that I attribute to endotoxin. And a mild calf cramp. Whenever my bowels are disrupted I'll get calf cramps. This stuff is definitely disturbing things, but the end result is positive if I can stand the disturbance. So far, famotidine and ketotifen have mostly handled it.

dfspcc20

Still continuing with this.
Have noticed upper cervical pain/soreness, somewhat persistent now, after starting. I have always had stiff neck muscles in general. After starting CamphoSal, they seemed to have loosened up a bit. Maybe they were atrophied or had something like sensory-motor amnesia, and now are waking up... Or could be endotoxin or something. If the soreness continues, I'll stop and see if it goes away.

On day 6 of ~12 drops 2x/day.

Positives:
- Poop: was always regular before, 2-3x/day with no straining, but stool tended to be looser, flakier, occasionally leaving a faint film on top of the toilet water. After CamphoSal, noticeably more solid, well-formed, cleaner, "dryer" maybe. Likely due to reduced bacteria and serotonin. Can see how this might cause constipation for some.

- Frequent "full" feeling in descending/sigmoid colon is gone. Didn't consider this a big issue before, but now that it's gone, it's much more obvious.

- Left hip internal rotation: this hip always "stuck" at a certain point (doing something like shin boxes) compared to the right. This seems to have improved. Maybe related to the point above.

- Sleep: improved. less waking to pee.

Negatives:

- none, aside from taste.

Always had a suspicion of bacterial issues, particularly in colon, though symptoms were never severe or obvious. Experimenting with this seems to add weight to that.

Will continue to experiment. Don't have any reasons to stop now.

managing

Still continuing with this.
Have noticed upper cervical pain/soreness, somewhat persistent now, after starting. I have always had stiff neck muscles in general. After starting CamphoSal, they seemed to have loosened up a bit. Maybe they were atrophied or had something like sensory-motor amnesia, and now are waking up... Or could be endotoxin or something. If the soreness continues, I'll stop and see if it goes away.
Definitely endotoxin. classic symptom.

Soren

Forum Supporter
Slightly confused here. Are these endotoxin symptoms that some people are experiencing the result of the bacteria dying and causing an endotoxin effect?

So short term doesn't feel good but long term it is beneficial?

Mauritio

Slightly confused here. Are these endotoxin symptoms that some people are experiencing the result of the bacteria dying and causing an endotoxin effect?

So short term doesn't feel good but long term it is beneficial?
I suppose so . Might be some reabsorption going on if endotoxin isn't deactivated and excreted fast enough, which is the case if detox organs like liver and kidney don't work properly ,which is often caused by endotoxin in the first place.
Oral progesterone has helped me after food to not get the endotoxin symptoms ,which totally makes sense because:

Progesterone May Bind And Deactivate Endotoxin (LPS) Directly

Soren

Forum Supporter
I suppose so . Might be some reabsorption going on if endotoxin isn't deactivated and excreted fast enough, which is the case if detox organs like liver and kidney don't work properly ,which is often caused by endotoxin in the first place.
Oral progesterone has helped me after food to not get the endotoxin symptoms ,which totally makes sense because:

Progesterone May Bind And Deactivate Endotoxin (LPS) Directly

Interesting maybe for those experiencing endotoxin symptoms taking activated charcoal on the same days as Camphosal to absorp any endotoxin would be a good option.

Last edited:

Mauritio

Interesting maybe for those experiencing endotoxin symptoms taking activated charcoal on the same days as Camphosal to absorp any endotoxin would be a good option.
Theoretically yes but in practice didn't work for me ...

Soren

Forum Supporter
Theoretically yes but in practice didn't work for me ...

So you still had endotoxin symptoms with Camphosal even whilst taking activated charcoal? If you don't mind me asking how much did you take and did you take it before or after Camphosal?

managing

So you still had endotoxin symptoms with Camphosal even whilst taking activated charcoal? If you don't mind me asking how much did you take and did you take it before or after Camphosal?
For me, having mushroom soup (long, low simmered mushrooms) with camphosal helped. So does low dose famotidine. At 1 week, I am over the hump. And of all the things I've ever taken to try to control microbiome, this has been the gentlest.

Mauritio

I haven't tried it yet . But I've tried it with other antibiotics and it constipated me which led to a reuptake of toxins I suppose. But as @managing says time and anti-histamines seem to help ...

Scenes

I’ve done about 5 days of 12-25 drops in the evening.

Pros
Increased appetite for big meals

Cons
Slight constipation, bowel movements not as full and regular

Not much else to be honest. One raw egg per day as per @lampofred suggestion has had a more obvious gut disinfecting effect on me. I did that for about a week before camphosal.

Luk3

I’ve done about 5 days of 12-25 drops in the evening.

Pros
Increased appetite for big meals

Cons
Slight constipation, bowel movements not as full and regular

Not much else to be honest. One raw egg per day as per @lampofred suggestion has had a more obvious gut disinfecting effect on me. I did that for about a week before camphosal.
Not heard that one before. What’s the mechanism behind that?

managing

The one thing I would emphatically say is that, unlike others, I've experienced no constipation. Everything accelerated for me, although there was no diarrhea and, as time progressed, movements became "healthier" and more frequent. After about 6 days that leveled off and returned to normal frequency.

I am now in the "couple of times a week" maintenance period.