Mauritio

I have not. Do you think its worth trying?
I am not sure of the effects. But i thought it should absorbe more in the large instetines ,for example appendix when you apply it topically ,since it gets metabolized mostly in the small intestine.
BTW I also got heartburn...

managing

I am not sure of the effects. But i thought it should absorbe more in the large instetines ,for example appendix when you apply it topically ,since it gets metabolized mostly in the small intestine.
BTW I also got heartburn...
Interesting. Pepcid AC. I don't know if you can get that (Germany, right?). Famotidine is the drug. A gen 1 H2 antagonist antihistamine. I cut them in half and nibble the 20mg tablet until heartburn goes away. Usually takes maybe 200mcg to 1 mg. Dissolved on the tongue. Seems to destroy heartburn from any cause.

I'll try topical, but probably not just yet. Liking the effects of taking in water so far.

Anybody try it topically?

Mauritio

Interesting. Pepcid AC. I don't know if you can get that (Germany, right?). Famotidine is the drug. A gen 1 H2 antagonist antihistamine. I cut them in half and nibble the 20mg tablet until heartburn goes away. Usually takes maybe 200mcg to 1 mg. Dissolved on the tongue. Seems to destroy heartburn from any cause.

I'll try topical, but probably not just yet. Liking the effects of taking in water so far.

Anybody try it topically?
Topical might be good in /around the ears .

Yes I have famotidine i couldn't really make it work due to hypoglycemia but on paper it's one of the best things .
200mcg? maybe I should try a lower dose. I always took 5 to 10 mg ...

managing

Topical might be good in /around the ears .

Yes I have famotidine i couldn't really make it work due to hypoglycemia but on paper it's one of the best things .
200mcg? maybe I should try a lower dose. I always took 5 to 10 mg ...
Ears? Do tell. I'd be very interested in anything that might positively impact hearing . . .

As for famotidine, I've been experimenting with microdosing famotidine (200-400mcg) and ketotifen (10-40mcg) both. Will be writing about it at some point. I am wanted to work cyproheptadine into the mix too. But currently having so much success with the other two that I don't want to change.

On full dose, I too got way too low blood glucose with famotidine. Microdoses just take the edge off of the histamine surge I too often experience. I have a little after each meal (just a nibble really). And I have 30-40 mcg of ketotifen before bedtime.

aquaman

Hulda Clark Varizapper. I bought it a few years ago after getting interested in transcranial magnetic stimulation and the concept of low level voltage being therapeutic for a variety of conditions, infections included, I think I posted a couple studies. One time, it temporarily corrected a posture issue with my shoulders slumping forward. I noticed a sense of well-being along with the better posture, my chest was open and wide, and I felt confident. This was years ago and I haven't used it regularly due to not completely understanding how to fit it into a regimen.

Peat talked about something similar in an interview once. Very passing comment, but something about low level electric current placed on the temples being good for sleep.

managing

Peat talked about something similar in an interview once. Very passing comment, but something about low level electric current placed on the temples being good for sleep.
Is varizapper different from TENS?

cjm

Is varizapper different from TENS?

Yeah, slightly. They're more similar than different: both low voltage and skin application of leads. The varizapper uses 15V max, looks like TENS can go a bit higher.

cjm

I completed a two week course of 25 drops/d of CamphoSal yesterday. My appetite has been lower than normal but I'm enjoying the taste of food more. Bowel movements are still infrequent and small but that probably reflects a low food intake. I'll be going sporadic on dosing now, going to wait at least a few days before administering again.

Since starting the CamphoSal, my sense of direction has improved, my sense of my body in physical space has improved, and chronic muscular tension areas are starting to loosen. I've needed additional tools to climb out of the learned helplessness/chronic fatigue environment:

*cascara, for moving gut contents along, 2-4 medium capsules a day;
*saline enemas, for the same reason, 1-2 times per day;
*and most importantly, clonidine, which is an anti-adrenaline drug.

It wasn't until I started a high dose (.6mg/d) of clonidine 3 days ago that things started turning my way. I can't overstate my muscle tension complaint because it is a coordination and balance issue. It should be automatic and pleasurable to find yourself in space. It is a series of mundane tasks for me. It takes *planning* for me to get my stubborn, shortened, numb, frozen muscles to work in a coordinated way, to walk even. After my first enema today, I started feeling a deep dull throb from my perineum to my scrotum. I haven't felt much of anything from this area for years. My orgasms are rarely satisfying, my libido is low, I am a premature go-er as well, and I just wonder if this new pain is a debt payment for clenching up against a ton of life stress, steeling myself against past traumas and a feeling of floating in space. Even with the pain, I felt incomparably relaxed for a few minutes today after the enema. I completely stopped ruminating for a few minutes and felt comfortable being alone with my physical sensations.

managing

Did 4 dose last night. 17 drops. A very slight intestinal flutter afterwards. No heartburn. I think this stuff is turning my intestines (in a good way) quite rapidly. I continue to have almost complete resolution of feelings of fullness and cramping in sigmoid colon.

Also, I know some have reported constipation. Here is what I've experienced. The first two days I had larger and looser BM than usual the morning after. Definitely NOT diarrhea though. Third and fourth mornings, smaller and better formed than average. I think those two days represent typical transit time for me, so I regard that as a pre/post phenomenon. All very easy and comfortable.

I think its important to remember that 40-60% of the mass of a BM is microbial. So I think something like this is naturally going to make movements smaller. Those who've experienced constipation I think probably had another issue going on. Perhaps neuropathy? Just guessing. For me it has improved things, for sure.

Mauritio

Ears? Do tell. I'd be very interested in anything that might positively impact hearing . . .

As for famotidine, I've been experimenting with microdosing famotidine (200-400mcg) and ketotifen (10-40mcg) both. Will be writing about it at some point. I am wanted to work cyproheptadine into the mix too. But currently having so much success with the other two that I don't want to change.

On full dose, I too got way too low blood glucose with famotidine. Microdoses just take the edge off of the histamine surge I too often experience. I have a little after each meal (just a nibble really). And I have 30-40 mcg of ketotifen before bedtime.
great idea! keep me posted on how its going I might try that as well...

I was thinking its good for ear infections or stuff like that , maybe...

Hermes

I completed a two week course of 25 drops/d of CamphoSal yesterday. My appetite has been lower than normal but I'm enjoying the taste of food more. Bowel movements are still infrequent and small but that probably reflects a low food intake. I'll be going sporadic on dosing now, going to wait at least a few days before administering again.

Since starting the CamphoSal, my sense of direction has improved, my sense of my body in physical space has improved, and chronic muscular tension areas are starting to loosen. I've needed additional tools to climb out of the learned helplessness/chronic fatigue environment:

*cascara, for moving gut contents along, 2-4 medium capsules a day;
*saline enemas, for the same reason, 1-2 times per day;
*and most importantly, clonidine, which is an anti-adrenaline drug.

It wasn't until I started a high dose (.6mg/d) of clonidine 3 days ago that things started turning my way. I can't overstate my muscle tension complaint because it is a coordination and balance issue. It should be automatic and pleasurable to find yourself in space. It is a series of mundane tasks for me. It takes *planning* for me to get my stubborn, shortened, numb, frozen muscles to work in a coordinated way, to walk even. After my first enema today, I started feeling a deep dull throb from my perineum to my scrotum. I haven't felt much of anything from this area for years. My orgasms are rarely satisfying, my libido is low, I am a premature go-er as well, and I just wonder if this new pain is a debt payment for clenching up against a ton of life stress, steeling myself against past traumas and a feeling of floating in space. Even with the pain, I felt incomparably relaxed for a few minutes today after the enema. I completely stopped ruminating for a few minutes and felt comfortable being alone with my physical sensations.

That's a very thorough analysis, that I've enjoyed to read.

cjm

Day 16: Second day of no CamphoSal after 14 days on 25 drops/d.

*Clonidine use continues, .1mg every 3 hours or so, not to exceed .6mg/d.
*Stopped the enemas, will be rolling the cascara back to 2 caps/d before bed.
*Adding T3 now. I took 24 mcg (3 drops Tyronene) before lunch.
*Appetite is up, lunch included a box of assorted Girl Scout cookies.

Of positive note, my balance is much better, my mind is less flighty when I'm trying to focus on an image or other goal, automatic sensory tasks are being performed quicker and involuntarily, for instance, sequencing the myriad perceptions and reactions necessary to navigate daily car commuting traffic. My tinnitus is down and sounds different, it's got less squeal and more "breathiness."

On the other hand, I'm still in the wash of a "verbal delirium" where satisfying mental images are just completely absent; I say I'm still in it but truth is I've never been free of it for long. It makes genuine communication nigh impossible. I relate to this:

"During exhausting fevers and after drinking too much, I have experienced a defective kind of dream, a kind of analytical, verbal delirium, in which one word only leads to another word. In place of fluid and integrated imagery, there was just a kind of fizzly yellow, or swarming orange, activity. Mental satisfaction becomes impossible in that state. (Green and blue usually seem to be suppressed in that kind of state.)" Ray, A Biophysical Approach to Altered Consciousness

Also, my hips do not lie, neither do my glutes, and they are both still on strike, which makes walking and standing a chore.

My body temperature has taken some drops which I've remedied with blankets and hot showers but otherwise is staying stable as I feel greater warmth and calm in my muscles, a sign the adrenaline decrease is being compensated for appropriately.

Still planning to stay off CamphoSal for at least today and tomorrow and re-assess how my gut feels. I'm wondering how necessary it was because of how quickly the clonidine worked.

Hermes

This is all very interesting, this interconnectedness of body and mind. I wonder how it all originates, excess bacteria in the gut, a sense of anxiety. It starts somewhere in childhood and being overly stressed. Probably. This adds up and results in depression and weird idiosyncrasies. How long do I go to therapy already, and don't feel much improvement. Or do I? Being lost in space.

With dietary interventions and drugs more is possible. A liberation of the body leads to a liberation of the mind? Overall, CamphoSal brings more clarity and sometimes better sleep. But it's a hit and miss still. And it's obvious: When I slept well, the world looks differently. So I try this and that with not much strategic insight. It's still blurry. Like walking through the woods at night or when it's foggy.

Mauritio

This is all very interesting, this interconnectedness of body and mind. I wonder how it all originates, excess bacteria in the gut, a sense of anxiety. It starts somewhere in childhood and being overly stressed. Probably. This adds up and results in depression and weird idiosyncrasies. How long do I go to therapy already, and don't feel much improvement. Or do I? Being lost in space.

With dietary interventions and drugs more is possible. A liberation of the body leads to a liberation of the mind? Overall, CamphoSal brings more clarity and sometimes better sleep. But it's a hit and miss still. And it's obvious: When I slept well, the world looks differently. So I try this and that with not much strategic insight. It's still blurry. Like walking through the woods at night or when it's foggy.
I also find that I sleep better most days. I even slept like a few days in a row without cypro or doxyalamine succinate.
Also I think Im onto something. It seems like I get better results taking campho before a meal as compared to after . Try it out!

managing

I also find that I sleep better most days. I even slept like a few days in a row without cypro or doxyalamine succinate.
Also I think Im onto something. It seems like I get better results taking campho before a meal as compared to after . Try it out!
I've been taking camphosal during my (evening) meal.

Ania

It is anectodal, but today I had the worst bout of diarrhea in my life ( probably from xylitol, which I never use, but I did today). It was the real Armageddon. Never ever have I experienced anything like that, not even after food poisoning.I had an unopened bottle of CamphoSal, which arrived 2 days ago. I was planning to wait for more testimonials, before I use it. However, cosnidering circumstances, I decided it was an emergency so I opened the bottle. I took 20 drops with a little bit of water. After about an hour everything stopped. My bowels went still and silent, comfortable. I can't be 100% certain it was from CamphoSal, but I see no better explanation. I had a meal after that and I am still fine. Seems like the storm went away for good. I will definitely continue using it for some time.