CamphoSal - Liquid Camphoric Acid + Salol

Discussion in 'IdeaLabs' started by haidut, Oct 21, 2019.

1. cjm

cjm Member

I'm taking the CamphoSal now, slowly, the taste of the phenyl salicylate is a little overwhelming. I'm reminded of the taste of sunscreen. I'm applying topically in my throat, it's tough not to swallow, but it's totally accidental ;)

2. mhm

mhm Member

Just ordered 2. Apparently I'm a bit slow, so I'm still unsure about how to use this. I understand you can put it in your rat's mouth (e.g. with a piece of sugar, like DCLOSE does) but does @haidut primarily recommend to put it on your rat's skin? If so, on which part of your rat's body? Thanks in advance to those patient enough to answer this prudent rat's question.

3. cjm

cjm Member

4. Nigluva

Nigluva Member

Why would you order and plan to use something you do not even understand basics of? You are not obligated to buy and take nearly everything this company comes out with. why take anything unless you really need it? This whole rat thing is reminiscent of the SWIM on drug forums. It all comes across as silly and kind of strange because it is clear how these products are being used.

5. nwo2012

nwo2012 Member

Classic troll post.

Ive ordered a bottle and looking forward to combining with doxycycline which has been invaluable in improving digestion.

6. Wendy B

Wendy B Member

I am just about to start Xifaxin and neomycin doc has ordered for my sibo, but waiting insurance coverage. I understand I should get lauricidin/ or monolaurin for biofilm disrupter too...Would Campho Sal be fine and safe to take along with these things? I'm also taking T3 and T4, vitamins b1,2,3, cascara, and pregnenalone. Sometimes dessicated adrenal too. I have a rough time with any medications or supplements and was thinking to "get it all done" at once. Thanks!

7. ecstatichamster

ecstatichamster Member

I’ve just continued being constipated so stopped it for now.

8. Wendy B

Wendy B Member

bummer. how long did u take it and at what dose?

9. ecstatichamster

ecstatichamster Member

25 drops in one dose. 5 days in a row

10. Mauritio

Mauritio Member

Try a laxative like cascara , magnesium or vitamin c with it and see if it helps.

11. ecstatichamster

ecstatichamster Member

Yes of course. But that isn’t what I am wanting.

12. Soren

Soren Member

I am curious as to why it would cause constipation. Could be an anti-serotonin effect? I know that when I took metergoline orally it gave me constipation when I took a high dose.

13. cjm

cjm Member

Yeah, I'm curious about this, too. My thought was that the dying bacteria released endotoxin and that was causing the intestines to constrict. It must be a war zone in my gut right now, I'm on day 8 of my experiment. Is serotonin really needed for contractions? My appetite has been non-existent for 3 days now and I know food is a natural laxative so I'm not doing myself any favors.

14. ecstatichamster

ecstatichamster Member

I often take about 30mg of doxycycline and it doesn’t cause constipation.

15. Lewis Acid

Lewis Acid Member

I recommend adding archive.org to your research; many scanned medical texts. Sometimes a pain with too many results - however the Salol came right up. And thank you for your wonderful products. Interesting that Ray's books are on the site; I had no way of checking with him to see if that is his intention.

16. managing

managing Member

17. dfspcc20

dfspcc20 Member

On day 6 of ~12 drops 2x/day.

Positives:
    - Poop: was always regular before, 2-3x/day with no straining, but stool tended to be looser, flakier, occasionally leaving a faint film on top of the toilet water. After CamphoSal, noticeably more solid, well-formed, cleaner, "dryer" maybe. Likely due to reduced bacteria and serotonin. Can see how this might cause constipation for some.

- Frequent "full" feeling in descending/sigmoid colon is gone. Didn't consider this a big issue before, but now that it's gone, it's much more obvious.

- Left hip internal rotation: this hip always "stuck" at a certain point (doing something like shin boxes) compared to the right. This seems to have improved. Maybe related to the point above.

- Sleep: improved. less waking to pee.

Negatives:

- none, aside from taste.

Always had a suspicion of bacterial issues, particularly in colon, though symptoms were never severe or obvious. Experimenting with this seems to add weight to that.

Will continue to experiment. Don't have any reasons to stop now.

18. managing

managing Member

Thanks for this feedback.

19. mogwog

mogwog Member

I can definitely confirm the constipation side effect. I doubled my dosage to see if that would make the constipation worse, and it did. So I decided to up my magnesium to help movements along and that seems to help (8 sprays of magnesium chloride 30 minutes before meals).

The most noticeable change so far is the darkening of stools. Gas and bloating was decreased drastically the first couple of days but came back even stronger after the constipation. I'll continue with the single dose a day (before bed) regimen along with more regular magnesium supplementation to see if things improve.

I wonder if enemas could be performed with this. Thoughts @haidut ?

20. ecstatichamster

ecstatichamster Member

I have stopped because it was causing constipation. I remain taking 30mg or so of doxy or amoxycillin and that seems to be very helpful. I also use the cooked bamboo shoots and cooked chopped mushrooms. I also take cascara sagrada and magnesium these days. It's quite the battle. I'm also taking T3. I think too much dairy has caused my gut to slow down, but this supplement has not helped at all, to say the least.