OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Could more than one dose a day be appropriate for any serious bacterial issues?

That I don't know as the older descriptions of camphoric acid and Salol usage did not mention how severe the dysbiosis was. Also, not sure what you mean by more serious infections. If it is in the GI tract then it is more likely to have an effect but if it is systemic bacterial infection then probably not as it is meant to produce effects mostly in the gut.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I’m using about 2mg or so cypro topically per day, any interactions to worry about?

I don't know of any bad interactions but the usual precautions of aspirin + cypro would probably apply, as both can think the blood and increase risk of bleeding.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut would this be suitable in use for dogs? Currently got a 7 month old pup who has had Salmonella, Camylobactor and an unknown strain of E Coli. Multiple rounds of antibiotics haven't cured the diarrhoea. Growing normally both physically and mentally, but there's clearly something wrong with his intestines. Searched google but couldn't find anything pertaining to the safety of Camphoric Acid for dogs.

I don't see an issue but I would ask a vet just in case as some of them are very particular about salicylic acid in dogs.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

That's a excellent find! Thanks for posting it. I was trying to get it from PubMed but the link kept saying "404 not found".
Anyways, I like how it says in the title "Possessing all the advatnages of salicyclic acid and salicylate of soda, while not causing any of their objectionable effects". Unfortunately, FDA prohibits me from making that statement even though it was probably a medical claim allowed by medical authorities at the time the treatise was released.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I saw a MASSIVE breakdown of the research behind Camphoric acid that you posted somewhere else on the forum, can you please link it here?
@haidut

I don't remember posting anything on camphoric acid. Maybe it was somebody else??

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
can you or someone else elaborate on this a bit?

It seems that camphoric acid is "anabolic" for the bones.

"...Until now, most therapies for osteoporosis have focused on limiting resorption, with varying success (Rodan and Martin 2000). Thus, therapies that work by increasing bone mass, improving defects in bone microarchitecture, and accelerating fracture healing are urgently needed. Natural compounds and their derivatives have been an invaluable source for therapeutic agents, and recent research efforts to develop therapeutic agents that affect bone remodeling have focused on natural substances. A wide variety of natural compounds can influence bone remodeling, particularly by inhibiting bone resorption, thereby having beneficial effects on the skeleton (Putnam et al. 2007). However, the ability of natural compounds to stimulate osteoblast differentiation has been reported in several recent studies (Lee et al. 2007; Jeong et al. 2008). Previously, we showed that (1R,3S)-(?)-camphoric acid (Fig. 1a) stimulated calcium formation in mouse osteoblastic MC3T3-E1 subclone 4 cells. Camphoric acid is obtained from the oxidation of camphor and is commonly used for its topical antipruritic, analgesic, and counterirritant properties (Burkhart and Burkhart 2003). Camphoric acid acts specifically upon the skin and mucous membranes to control excessive secretion. It is particularly effective for treating night sweating, e.g., due to tuberculosis, but is also valuable for controlling the profuse sweating that occurs during recovery from prostrating fevers. The biological effect of camphoric acid on bone metabolism has not been studied. Based on our preliminary experiments showing the stimulating effect of camphoric acid on bone formation, we evaluated the effect of camphoric acid on osteoblast differentiation and investigated the mechanism of its action."

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Is it possible to use this in conjunction with (low dose) antibiotics to maybe potentiate the effects of both?

I don't know, to my knowledge it has not been studied in combination with antibiotics. But if it does have antibacterial effect by itself then in theory a lower dose antibiotic would have stronger effects simply because their will be fewer bacteria left to kill.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
With anything intended to "anti-bacterial" activity in the gut, I always get horrific "die-off" symptoms like headache (intense), lethargy, cramping, etc. Any thoughts on the likelihood of this with camphosal?

Even just a little flowers of sulphur, DE, etc. I don't think its the die-off per se, I think its gut wall irritation/permeability. Even activated charcoal does this to me (as well diatomaceous earth, FoS, etc)

Like anything that exerts most of its effects in the GI tract, irritation is possible. However, if anything, it would probably be the phenyl salicylate and not the camphoric acid that would cause irritation. So, I would try the lower dose (100mg as Peat did) first and watch for symptoms of irritation.

cjm

How would you compare it to high dose vitamin c ? Also some laxative action?

CamphoSal was constipating for me but I have slow transit time to begin with, so I needed the high C to get things moving again. I imagine this will change with continued use. I started last Wednesday so I'm not even a week in yet. I'll keep y'all posted.

Mauritio

Thanks, please do.

Nigluva

Yeah, I have, along the lines of what @managing mentioned, i.e., "die-off" symptoms. On day 4 after one dose before bed on each of the first 3 nights, I lost my appetite and couldn't bring myself to be social at all, I felt self-absorbed and emotionally despondent. My bowels didn't move for 2-3 days. I took an antihistamine (Nasalcrom) and vitamin C and the extreme emotions subsided, my bowels started moving, and I was able to eat a bit; I took an enormous dose of Nasalcrom and quickly felt warmth through my entire torso from neck to pelvis but felt sort of emotionally dead and de-energized, and the vitamin C dosage was probably close to 20 grams. This all happened this past weekend. Despite the turmoil, I'm still feeling better than usual. I have a long list of grievances with myself, mostly high histamine/serotonin-related, but my top complaint is learned helplessness. Like, I exist in a cerebral prison because I don't derive joy from my body. Just a few days of disinfecting with CamphoSal has eased chronic muscle tension, tinnitus, rumination, tunnel vision, gait/balance issues, and numbness in my extremities, to the point where I feel I can start reclaiming a sense of direction.

Do you have experience with things like bacillus subtillis or carrot salad, garlic, oil of oregano, etc?

CamphoSal was constipating for me but I have slow transit time to begin with, so I needed the high C to get things moving again. I imagine this will change with continued use. I started last Wednesday so I'm not even a week in yet. I'll keep y'all posted.

I've been constipated too but wasn't sure what it is. Maybe it's this. I'll try a few more days.

cjm

Do you have experience with things like bacillus subtillis or carrot salad, garlic, oil of oregano, etc?

Garlic, carrot salad, yes. Also, ampicillin, minocycline, cascara, pau d'arco, coarse and powdered activated charcoal, methylene blue, all to varying degrees of success. I never strongly perceived I had a gut issue until now.

Nigluva

Garlic, carrot salad, yes. Also, ampicillin, minocycline, cascara, pau d'arco, coarse and powdered activated charcoal, methylene blue, all to varying degrees of success. I never strongly perceived I had a gut issue until now.
So how does this particular supplement rate for you then? It seems like you are saying you did not realize you had gut issues until now because nothing else worked as well, that you tried. Is this right? Antibiotics you listed did not work so good?

cjm

So how does this particular supplement rate for you then? I am wondering if I should stick to those or try this.

Tough to say but it definitely feels different and potent.

Forgot to mention I love ginger.

iPeat

I started out by taking 5 drops about 10 minutes ago on a spoonful of sugar. My midsection immediately started making noise and got warm. I can't believe how fast I reacted. Anyone else get this?

cjm

It seems like you are saying you did not realize you had gut issues until now because nothing else worked as well, that you tried. Is this right? Antibiotics you listed did not work so good?

Yeah, sort of. More like I didn't intuit where to take things next to escape the helpless state. I've felt stuck in a vicious cycle despite my prior interventions and the my intuition says CamphoSal is something that just broke it. I can't understate how important the next step was -- in this case, pooping :)

Oh! Forgot to mention I've gotten dramatic relief from fatigue and restlessness from my Hulda Clark VariZapper device, if you want to count electrical stimulation (direct current) as a sort of antibiotic (or bacterial growth inhibitor). I'm using it now. Feeling good! Haven't taken today's dose (day 6 @ 25 drops/d) of CamphoSal yet.

Last edited:

cjm

Wow. That's a lot of progress.

My first evening on it, I had a loss of appetite and just had a Haagen Dazs ice cream bar for dinner and went to bed. Woke to clearing loose phlegm -- like an expectorant. I called Campho "chemo" that first day.
Subsequent dosing have been less dramatic.
Yet, I notice a little bit flatter gut and happy buoyant mood--finishing tasks I had been procrastinating.

"Chemo" LOL. Not fun, eh? It took until the 4th day for me to get negative symptoms but I was feeling a little psychopathic until I finally went to the bathroom.

Speaking of your flatter gut, as I sit here using my low voltage DC device, I'm feeling a great release of pressure in my gut. I burped a bunch and now there is earnest, pleasant movement in there like there hasn't been in a really long time.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals