CamphoSal - Liquid Camphoric Acid + Salol

Discussion in 'IdeaLabs' started by haidut, Oct 21, 2019.

1. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

No change in bowel movements, or anything else?

2. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

That I don't know as the older descriptions of camphoric acid and Salol usage did not mention how severe the dysbiosis was. Also, not sure what you mean by more serious infections. If it is in the GI tract then it is more likely to have an effect but if it is systemic bacterial infection then probably not as it is meant to produce effects mostly in the gut.

3. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

I don't know of any bad interactions but the usual precautions of aspirin + cypro would probably apply, as both can think the blood and increase risk of bleeding.

4. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

I don't see an issue but I would ask a vet just in case as some of them are very particular about salicylic acid in dogs.

5. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

That's a excellent find! Thanks for posting it. I was trying to get it from PubMed but the link kept saying "404 not found".
    Anyways, I like how it says in the title "Possessing all the advatnages of salicyclic acid and salicylate of soda, while not causing any of their objectionable effects". Unfortunately, FDA prohibits me from making that statement even though it was probably a medical claim allowed by medical authorities at the time the treatise was released.

6. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

I don't remember posting anything on camphoric acid. Maybe it was somebody else??

7. ecstatichamster

ecstatichamster Member

No.

8. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

It seems that camphoric acid is "anabolic" for the bones.

"...Until now, most therapies for osteoporosis have focused on limiting resorption, with varying success (Rodan and Martin 2000). Thus, therapies that work by increasing bone mass, improving defects in bone microarchitecture, and accelerating fracture healing are urgently needed. Natural compounds and their derivatives have been an invaluable source for therapeutic agents, and recent research efforts to develop therapeutic agents that affect bone remodeling have focused on natural substances. A wide variety of natural compounds can influence bone remodeling, particularly by inhibiting bone resorption, thereby having beneficial effects on the skeleton (Putnam et al. 2007). However, the ability of natural compounds to stimulate osteoblast differentiation has been reported in several recent studies (Lee et al. 2007; Jeong et al. 2008). Previously, we showed that (1R,3S)-(?)-camphoric acid (Fig. 1a) stimulated calcium formation in mouse osteoblastic MC3T3-E1 subclone 4 cells. Camphoric acid is obtained from the oxidation of camphor and is commonly used for its topical antipruritic, analgesic, and counterirritant properties (Burkhart and Burkhart 2003). Camphoric acid acts specifically upon the skin and mucous membranes to control excessive secretion. It is particularly effective for treating night sweating, e.g., due to tuberculosis, but is also valuable for controlling the profuse sweating that occurs during recovery from prostrating fevers. The biological effect of camphoric acid on bone metabolism has not been studied. Based on our preliminary experiments showing the stimulating effect of camphoric acid on bone formation, we evaluated the effect of camphoric acid on osteoblast differentiation and investigated the mechanism of its action."

9. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

I don't know, to my knowledge it has not been studied in combination with antibiotics. But if it does have antibacterial effect by itself then in theory a lower dose antibiotic would have stronger effects simply because their will be fewer bacteria left to kill.

10. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

Like anything that exerts most of its effects in the GI tract, irritation is possible. However, if anything, it would probably be the phenyl salicylate and not the camphoric acid that would cause irritation. So, I would try the lower dose (100mg as Peat did) first and watch for symptoms of irritation.

11. cjm

cjm Member

CamphoSal was constipating for me but I have slow transit time to begin with, so I needed the high C to get things moving again. I imagine this will change with continued use. I started last Wednesday so I'm not even a week in yet. I'll keep y'all posted.

12. Mauritio

Mauritio Member

Thanks, please do.

13. Nigluva

Nigluva Member

Do you have experience with things like bacillus subtillis or carrot salad, garlic, oil of oregano, etc?

14. ecstatichamster

ecstatichamster Member

I've been constipated too but wasn't sure what it is. Maybe it's this. I'll try a few more days.

15. cjm

cjm Member

Garlic, carrot salad, yes. Also, ampicillin, minocycline, cascara, pau d'arco, coarse and powdered activated charcoal, methylene blue, all to varying degrees of success. I never strongly perceived I had a gut issue until now.

16. Nigluva

Nigluva Member

So how does this particular supplement rate for you then? It seems like you are saying you did not realize you had gut issues until now because nothing else worked as well, that you tried. Is this right? Antibiotics you listed did not work so good?

17. cjm

cjm Member

Tough to say but it definitely feels different and potent.

Forgot to mention I love ginger.

18. iPeat

iPeat Member

I started out by taking 5 drops about 10 minutes ago on a spoonful of sugar. My midsection immediately started making noise and got warm. I can't believe how fast I reacted. Anyone else get this?

19. cjm

cjm Member

Yeah, sort of. More like I didn't intuit where to take things next to escape the helpless state. I've felt stuck in a vicious cycle despite my prior interventions and the my intuition says CamphoSal is something that just broke it. I can't understate how important the next step was -- in this case, pooping :)

Oh! Forgot to mention I've gotten dramatic relief from fatigue and restlessness from my Hulda Clark VariZapper device, if you want to count electrical stimulation (direct current) as a sort of antibiotic (or bacterial growth inhibitor). I'm using it now. Feeling good! Haven't taken today's dose (day 6 @ 25 drops/d) of CamphoSal yet.

20. cjm

cjm Member

"Chemo" LOL. Not fun, eh? It took until the 4th day for me to get negative symptoms but I was feeling a little psychopathic until I finally went to the bathroom.

Speaking of your flatter gut, as I sit here using my low voltage DC device, I'm feeling a great release of pressure in my gut. I burped a bunch and now there is earnest, pleasant movement in there like there hasn't been in a really long time.