Calorie Intake

jaketthomas

I assumed I had been taking in my usual 2,500-3,000 calories a day since I've been Peat-ing. I've been eating whenever I'm hungry, eating basically anything I want, within the guidelines.

I saw a post by Andrew Kim, of what he ate one day, so I decided to join Fitday.com and punch in my nutritional data. My calories are way down on this diet. I'm around 1,500-2,000 calories a day. Yet I feel satisfied, energized, and I'm exceeding the RDA for damn near every nutrient known to man. My weight has fallen a little bit though. I've actually lost about 7 lbs in 3-4 months since I began eating this way. Weight that I didn't need to lose. I'm actually starting to look too thin, so I'm going to up my calorie intake.

What do some of you guys consume, as far as calories go? And what are your heights and weights?

chris

What are you eating on a normal day? Print screen the fitday page? I'm trying to consume ~1800 atm as I have weight that I want to lose.

slayers

I'm 5 10" 200lbs.... sitting around 9% bodyfat
I use fitday daily
today i'm going to be ending the day at 2750 calories, 70g fat, 350g carb, 172g protein

Dutchie

slayers said:
I'm 5 10" 200lbs.... sitting around 9% bodyfat
I use fitday daily
today i'm going to be ending the day at 2750 calories, 70g fat, 350g carb, 172g protein
Im curious what that looks foodwise and do you have an active job/life?
Currently im awaiting a nutritional program from a chekpractitioner. He basically ptefers his clients to eat consostently 3meals a day amd 3000cals.in total which kinda scares the sh*t outta me but tjats due to my past.

Also i read somewhere that ray recommends at least 70-100gr of proteine daily. Does he mean those numners in actual weigth?or does 100 mean 500gr.weigthwise?

cliff

usually around 3000-6000, depends on activity level. I'm 6'2" ~185lbs

@dutchie- it's pure protein not the actual food weight.

Dutchie

cliff said:
usually around 3000-6000, depends on activity level. I'm 6'2" ~185lbs

@dutchie- it's pure protein not the actual food weight.
Thanx Cliff. Wow,thats a lot of cals.what do you do?ive gotten so. scared of food,macros etc.and my entire past,disordered eating pattern etc.

Lately im majorly sufferinng of swollen legs,sometimes eyelids and pouchy belly and dont know whats causing it or how to get rid of it. And i actually need to start a job as streetmKer next week,which im sure im gonna fail at with these legs and also not being able to workout properly for it

cliff

I surf and skateboard a lot, crashed my car too so I have to bike everywhere for food and such too.

For swollen legs make sure your getting enough salt, potassium and not eating anything allergenic. Getting enough cals and sugar could help too.

Dutchie

cliff said:
I surf and skateboard a lot, crashed my car too so I have to bike everywhere for food and such too.

For swollen legs make sure your getting enough salt, potassium and not eating anything allergenic. Getting enough cals and sugar could help too.
z
Code:
That sounds like the perfect life. Ive always wanted to live somewhere sunny mear a beach and learn how to surf.

What do you eat om a typical day to reach thosr cals?....just got my 4day scheme by billy and most of it doesnt seem so appealing to me. Im kinda disappointed,this was not what i imagined.

cliff

Lot of small meals of Oj/milk mostly, also brown sugar milk with raw eggs yolks, chocolate chips, pork rinds, rice, potatoes and coconut oil

pboy

cliff that sounds like an awesome diet (pretty similar to mine atm) , just wondering...it's been a long time since I've eaten a raw egg, is there any taste, is it pleasant or repulsive, and how does it digest? I remember once in the past I was with some friends and I ate 2 raw eggs sort of just to be outrageous, expecting to feel nauseous or something, but ended up not even having any gas and feeling pretty good...also is there any particular reason to eat the egg yolk raw as opposed to poached? (though raw is probably more convenient, if nothing else)

Just to stay on topic, I probably eat about 1600-2300 cals a day, a 5'11 male, about 125 pounds...I feel best when I get over 2000 but I only eat when I'm not under stress and can actually chew my food well, so that limits my availability of when to eat between work and other daily tasks, and often I only get about 1700 calories in. I don't feel tremendously worse than when I eat 2000-2300, but not as good either. I find that when I eat under stress it pretty much does little to nothing, and if anything just causes more discomfort. Ideally I'd have a job/lifestyle that would facilitate my being able to eat about 2200 calories a day under peaceful conditions...I think that would also work wonders to help boost the thyroid (more energy, less stress)

cliff

If you mix up the egg yolk good with the milk and sugar you can't taste it. I do it raw for the convenience factor.

4peatssake

cliff said:
If you mix up the egg yolk good with the milk and sugar you can't taste it. I do it raw for the convenience factor.
This is actually quite yummy. I put it in the blender and call it eggnog. ;) But I use white sugar, not brown.

Why brown sugar cliff? I thought RP recommends against brown sugar.

This is the recipe I use.

2 egg yolks
1.5 c milk
2 TB sugar (or more or less to taste)

cliff

He does kinda recommend against brown sugar but I like the way it taste a lot better than plain sugar and I have no apparent issues with it. White sugar is better but I'll take the small risk for my flavor addiction :p

4peatssake

cliff said:
He does kinda recommend against brown sugar but I like the way it taste a lot better than plain sugar and I have no apparent issues with it. White sugar is better but I'll take the small risk for my flavor addiction :p

yep.png.png

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
:rolling

chris

frustrated said:
surprised people here eat so little

165lb male eating 3500ish - sedentary

How tall are you? How do sedentary people eat that much and not be overweight? Did you build up to that level?

slayers

I agree....Unless there not calculating them correctly over 3000 is a lot for the average sedentary male.

Andrew kim just posted what he eats in a day I think it was like 2200 calories

When I'm in a full out BULK i'll eat around 3500-4000 but put on massive amount of weight getting really strong

slayers

6000 calories
16 cups 2% milk
16 cups Orange juice
6 tablespoons coconut oil
8 medium sized potatoes
10oz milk chocolate bar

frustrated

slayers said:
I agree....Unless there not calculating them correctly over 3000 is a lot for the average sedentary male.

Andrew kim just posted what he eats in a day I think it was like 2200 calories

When I'm in a full out BULK i'll eat around 3500-4000 but put on massive amount of weight getting really strong

4l 1% milk ~ 1680
300ml cream ~ 1000
1l oj ~ 450
150g honey ~ 450
1 tbsp coconut oil ~ 100

probably something messed up with me tbh