Calorie Bombs Pls

Motif

I need to gain weight and unfortunately need a lot of calories for that.

Pls give some advices for high calorie food .

raypeatclips

Butter, start cooking your food in a lot of butter, can easily bump up calories. Ice cream for dessert also. For example a meal of potatoes, meat, vegetables, cook the meat in a considerable amount of butter, then maybe roast the potatoes with herbs and butter, you wont even notice the extra calories (I learnt this the hard way) Also grape juice is more calorific than orange juice, although orange juice contains a lot of good things too. Fruit and ice cream for dessert, with a couple of squares of chocolate, extra calories that's easy to eat.

RobertJM

I don't get how it's hard to gain weight. You should be able to achieve it easily on a Peat style of eating. Eggs for breakfast, cheese for lunch and a tub of ice cream for dinner. Oh, don't forget two or three quarts of fruit juice. And add as much sugar or honey to your coffee as you like.

I was seriously overdoing it last summer and I easily put on 20ibs. The tub of ice cream alone is almost 1500 calories. I was consistently over 4000 calories and sometimes hitting 5000. And I paid for it on my waistline. I now can't shift any weight unless I start eating a low fat diet (which is what I am currently doing). I'm currently at 204 ibs. Four years ago (pre Peat) I was 172 ibs.

The thing with putting weight on is to pack the calories in consistently. After a while your body just says 'screw this, I can't use this, off to storage we go'.

Oh, and as mentioned above, I think starch would really help as well. Especially when mixed with a lot of fat. Starch combined with dietary fat will fatten you up like nothing else.

Last edited:

olive

Milkshakes
Replace water with juice or milk
Cook with heavy cream
Replace lean cuts of protein with high fat
Add honey/jam to anything you see fit
Snack on high fat cheese

vulture

Peaty Icecream:
Milk cream
Extra-virgin coconut oil
Sugar
Egg
Vanilla or cinnamon

Blend the stuff with a bit of milk (not too much to avoid it freezing completly)
Tastes great and has a ton of calories without weird stuff like commercial icecreams

OP
M

Motif

Thanks guys.

I eat almost 1 kg of ice cream everyday. Almost 3000 calories a day.

185 cm / 70 kg

How much sugar is too much?
And how much cream is too much?
I could just drink cream with sugar diluted with milk, but would this really be ok?

And I have histamine intolerance, so a lot of stuff is just not for me

Fractality

Every night have 1-liter of Haagen-Daaz ice cream milkshake made with whole milk.

raypeatclips

Thanks guys.

I eat almost 1 kg of ice cream everyday. Almost 3000 calories a day.

185 cm / 70 kg

How much sugar is too much?
And how much cream is too much?
I could just drink cream with sugar diluted with milk, but would this really be ok?

And I have histamine intolerance, so a lot of stuff is just not for me

3000 calories on top of your regular diet? How many calories are you eating in total, and are these estimated calories or actually tracked them?

OP
M

Motif

On top? No
How should I get all that food in?

I eat more than every friend of mine and I'm the only skinny guy of them.

Last edited:

Arnold Grape

I don't get how it's hard to gain weight. You should be able to achieve it easily on a Peat style of eating. Eggs for breakfast, cheese for lunch and a tub of ice cream for dinner. Oh, don't forget two or three quarts of fruit juice. And add as much sugar or honey to your coffee as you like.

I was seriously overdoing it last summer and I easily put on 20ibs. The tub of ice cream alone is almost 1500 calories. I was consistently over 4000 calories and sometimes hitting 5000. And I paid for it on my waistline. I now can't shift any weight unless I start eating a low fat diet (which is what I am currently doing). I'm currently at 204 ibs. Four years ago (pre Peat) I was 172 ibs.

The thing with putting weight on is to pack the calories in consistently. After a while your body just says 'screw this, I can't use this, off to storage we go'.

Oh, and as mentioned above, I think starch would really help as well. Especially when mixed with a lot of fat. Starch combined with dietary fat will fatten you up like nothing else.

It’s something akin to jolting your metabolism to the point of requiring substantially more calories than previously, before. (I’m also just going to go on record and submit that liquid, oj calories are not the same as eating a piece of bread.) This is made more complex by taking supplements (ie thyroid) and being active. I’m pretty much sure that I can eat all day and not report weight noticeable weight gain, but I keep it somewhat clean.

Waynish

Your digestive power is probably low, so you're probably not absorbing as much food as you're eating. Get your stomach/spleen checked by a good TCM doc.

OP
M

Motif

I always had digestive issues.

Going to toilet once a week is normal for me since I was a small kid.

The only way I can go daily is with taking ox bile.

Waynish

I always had digestive issues.

Going to toilet once a week is normal for me since I was a small kid.

The only way I can go daily is with taking ox bile.

Right, so you don't need to cram more calories in, you need to fix your digestive issues. Then maybe you'll actually be able to properly use what you consume. Ox bile can be a good supplement, sure.

OP
M

Motif

I have no idea how.
Doctors just tell me everything is fine.

I got Gilbert syndrome, but my liver works great is what they always told me.

I don't have an idea how to fix that

Waynish

I have no idea how.
Doctors just tell me everything is fine.

I got Gilbert syndrome, but my liver works great is what they always told me.

I don't have an idea how to fix that
Like I said, TCM doctors should be able to help.

OP
M

Motif

Like I said, TCM doctors should be able to help.

The only tcm doc I visited did some acupuncture trying to fix my histamine issues. Didn't work. I went there like 5 times

InChristAlone

Are you the guy in the Ray peat group with the six pack abs?? Why do you want to gain weight? I mean I know when I was thin I wanted to so bad, but now that I do carry more weight (still pretty slim though) I don't like the way having more fat in my belly feels! Haha. I did it with haagendazs. And cypro.

Waynish

The only tcm doc I visited did some acupuncture trying to fix my histamine issues. Didn't work. I went there like 5 times
Yes, the likeliness of finding legit acupuncture is basically zero. But you should be able to find a TCM doc that know how to diagnose and prescribe herbs. The herbs should be powerful enough to start feeling a difference after about a week of taking them 3x per day. The ones you brew & drink will be more powerful than ones in capsules - try to find an herbalist that will give you the prior.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals