Calling all scientists/chemists who can opine if fluoride from a crown and filling material would go into systemic circulation?

Advocate2021

I need some work done unfortunately and found a decent dentist but he uses this ACTIVA BioACTIVE Overview PULPDENT

"they say" it contains fluroide but doesnt mean fluoride in the body. And per quick search, our natural teeth have fluoride in them it seems. So maybe its fine? please, on a deadline to figure this one out. thank you.

Mad

Just avoid that type of filling (glass ionomer/etc that are made to release fluoride into the body for years!!). Obviously avoid amalgam as well. I had a filling recently and research on this freaked me out. I made sure the material they used was biocompatible, composite resin I believe? If this dentist won’t offer that, find another one! I think it’s pretty common though.

OP
Advocate2021

Advocate2021

Just avoid that type of filling (glass ionomer/etc that are made to release fluoride into the body for years!!). Obviously avoid amalgam as well. I had a filling recently and research on this freaked me out. I made sure the material they used was biocompatible, composite resin I believe? If this dentist won’t offer that, find another one! I think it’s pretty common though.
so are you saying you have knowledge that the cited material does release fluoride into the body?

Mad

From what I had researched, yes they do. They proudly advertise this as a “perk” for these types of fillings. I had read somewhere that they release fluoride for like 20 years into your body. Just search glass ionomer fillings and fluoride

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom