Calling All IBD Sufferers. What Are You Eating?

O

oldfriend

Just curious. I know food choices largely depend on symptoms (diarrhea vs. constipation), but it would be nice to hear from the whole spectrum of people suffering from IBD (Chron's, UC or Ulcerative Colitis). Which of Peat's dietary suggestions have worked for you, and how did you implement them?

Sepulchrave

Milk makes my stomach extremely noisy. Raw carrots give me diarrhea. Everyone is different, you just have to go by trial and error.

Zpol

I eat the AIP diet, but with eggs and no starches.
Coffee with Ceylon cinnamon
Soft boiled eggs with honey or
Fried eggs
Bone broth
Epic bars and gummy bears when on the go (keep some of each in my purse... Can't let that blood sugar fall!)
Beef stew
Baked chicken with herbs
Uncle Matt's OJ
Applesauce
Ripe tropical fruit when I can get it
Baked cod, haddock with ghee
Crab cakes (I make with egg and coconut flour), honey mustard
Coconut macaroons for a treat

I realize this is not very nutrient dense so plan to add in..
camu camu
Nettle tea infusion
Algea calcium

I'm not cured but this diet helps keep at least some of my symptoms at bay.

Birdie

Don't have time to write out what I eat, but I have not had and IBS attack since I stopped gelatin, magnesium glycinate, and glycine powder. I'd been having attacks since 2011 I think. That was around the time I started using gelatin.

They were more sporadic, but then, I began to use glycine powder. Started getting attacks every night and was very discouraged. Then, reading amazon two star reviews for glycine (the process of synthesizing possibly made it a problem for some), I saw reports that might be my problem. Light bulb went off. Oh, yes Ray warned about individual amino acids...

Not sure if bone broth would stir up things for me. I think not since I've used since at least 2000.
Anyway, it's a journey this IBS.