Calcium supplementation

AndrogenicJB

I can't consume milk or make egg shell power and buy it. What form of calcium is the most absorbable? I want to up my calcium to phosphate ration and my only source of calcium is sardines which gives me about 300mcg i think. Calcium Carbonate? Calcium hydroxiapatite? Which one, would appreciate feedback.

rr1

I think calcium carbonate is the recommended one, but powdered eggshells is another option. This is a post I seen this morning
High quality eggshells (preferably from your local farmer) are rich in the powerful mineral, calcium and other needed trace minerals like magnesium, boron, copper, iron, selenium, zinc and sulfur and even protein and progesterone!

Eggshells? Yep! By saving your organic high quality eggshells after use into a bowl (or some other storage area). You then simply rinse them, Fill a stock pot with approximately 6 cups of filtered water and bring to a boil (this will kill any pathogens), let sit for 10min, drain them and then let them sit overnight on a baking sheet. The next day, put it in the oven for around 10-15 min at 275F. Cook until dry. Remove egg shells, let them cool then blend them up until they are powder!

The calcium in eggshells are needed for bone health, teeth and tissue health. It also plays a role in regulating blood pressure, cell function, thyroid/ hormone health and metabolic health.

In all this is an easy way to get high quality calcium and other trace minerals into your diet and actually put to use those empty eggshells!
Mix it into food is the best way to eat it.

rr1

Carbonate is the worst to use.
Do you have any other sources about this? I would be interested to see! I believe I've seen Ray Peat recommended calcium carbonate and even mentioning its anti-inflammatory properties. Danny Roddy and haidut also speak favorable about it during the generative energy podcasts.

L_C

Do you have any other sources about this? I would be interested to see! I believe I've seen Ray Peat recommended calcium carbonate and even mentioning its anti-inflammatory properties. Danny Roddy and haidut also speak favorable about it during the generative energy podcasts.
I prepare eggshells exactly as described above but then I mix it with lemon juice and let it sit in the fridge for about 2-3 weeks (perhaps a week is ok). The eggshells somewhat dissolve in lemon juice and the acidity of the eggshells is brought down so it doesn't mess up the pH of HCL in your stomach.

Elize

You are welcome he has a couple of them on Calcium and a great guy

OP
A

AndrogenicJB

You are welcome he has a couple of them on Calcium and a great guy
What do you think about Di Calcium Phosphate I want to increase my calcium:phosphorous ratio and need to do so via supplementation

Elize

What I understand is that you have to be cautious about using any form of calcium. Use for short periods perhaps for a few weeks and then have your levels tested again. The form of calcium used depends on other conditions you may have. Calcium and kidneys are what you need to be careful with. Calcium can also cause constipation.

OP
A

AndrogenicJB

What I understand is that you have to be cautious about using any form of calcium. Use for short periods perhaps for a few weeks and then have your levels tested again. The form of calcium used depends on other conditions you may have. Calcium and kidneys are what you need to be careful with. Calcium can also cause constipation.
I dont get very much calcium in the diet at all. Im thinking about taking 1g-2g a day of di calcium phosphate. Sound fine?

Elize

Am sure that will be fine. I have Celiac disease and carbonate as egg shell calcium irritated my gut. Your body will tell you if what you take is okay to or not. Good luck

emarie

I prepare eggshells exactly as described above but then I mix it with lemon juice and let it sit in the fridge for about 2-3 weeks (perhaps a week is ok). The eggshells somewhat dissolve in lemon juice and the acidity of the eggshells is brought down so it doesn't mess up the pH of HCL in your stomach.
How much of this mixture do you take daily?

youngsinatra

Paul Saladino‘s Bone Matrix from Heart and Soil Supplements is good.

It‘s calcium hydroxyapatite, the form found in bones. It‘s an animal-based extraction.

It‘s a bit more pricey, but try it for yourself. I don‘t tolerate most calcium supplements due to digestive symptoms. Bone matrix or mineral water helps!

golder

Paul Saladino‘s Bone Matrix from Heart and Soil Supplements is good.

It‘s calcium hydroxyapatite, the form found in bones. It‘s an animal-based extraction.

It‘s a bit more pricey, but try it for yourself. I don‘t tolerate most calcium supplements due to digestive symptoms. Bone matrix or mineral water helps!
Ancestral supplements have got the exact same identical product (below). I was wondering if it was any good because there is a lot of dodgy reviews and feedback about Ancestral.

Last edited:

Amazoniac

I think calcium carbonate is the recommended one, but powdered eggshells is another option. This is a post I seen this morning

By saving your organic high quality eggshells after use into a bowl (or some other storage area). You then simply rinse them, Fill a stock pot with approximately 6 cups of filtered water and bring to a boil (this will kill any pathogens), let sit for 10min, drain them and then let them sit overnight on a baking sheet. The next day, put it in the oven for around 10-15 min at 275F. Cook until dry. Remove egg shells, let them cool then blend them up until they are powder!
I don't understand this step, it's best to remove moisture right after it's sterilized, no?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals