Calcium Pyruvate - Anyone taking it?

Gustav3Y

It seems no one talks about it even if people seem pro Pyruvate.

Hans

Forum Supporter

I've used it, but have gotten better results from Pyrucet, which contains ethyl pyruvate. Ethyl pyruvate is lipophilic the half-life is better and the dose used can be much smaller. Also, I've seen evidence that it's found in higher concentrations in more regions of the brain compared to calcium or sodium pyruvate.

OP
G

Gustav3Y

Interesting.
But what about it as a source of supplementation instead of calcium carbonate which I supplement a bit anyway for calcium.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Interesting.
But what about it as a source of supplementation instead of calcium carbonate which I supplement a bit anyway for calcium.
It's not a bad source of calcium. You'll get 300mg calcium per 2g dose. Typical dose is 5g, so that will be 750mg calcium, which is not bad at all.

Jon2547

I've used it, but have gotten better results from Pyrucet, which contains ethyl pyruvate. Ethyl pyruvate is lipophilic the half-life is better and the dose used can be much smaller. Also, I've seen evidence that it's found in higher concentrations in more regions of the brain compared to calcium or sodium pyruvate.
@Hans Do you apply topically? Or use orally? I've been doing it topically but tried it once orally and it seems to really kick taking it that way. Is it safe to take orally, applying it to the gums?

Hans

Forum Supporter
@Hans Do you apply topically? Or use orally? I've been doing it topically but tried it once orally and it seems to really kick taking it that way. Is it safe to take orally, applying it to the gums?
I just take it orally, usually at 20 drops pre-workout. I haven't experimented much with topical use and applying only 3 in my navel takes forever to absorb even if I mix it with alcohol. So I just go with oral.

OP
G

Gustav3Y

It's not a bad source of calcium. You'll get 300mg calcium per 2g dose. Typical dose is 5g, so that will be 750mg calcium, which is not bad at all.
300mg calcium per 2000mg calcium pyruvate.
Theoretically in Calcium carbonate should be 800mg of calcium per 2000mg of calcium carbonate.

Hans

Forum Supporter
300mg calcium per 2000mg calcium pyruvate.
Theoretically in Calcium carbonate should be 800mg of calcium per 2000mg of calcium carbonate.
It's not the best, but it's not bad either.

ursidae

I started taking it four days ago.
Day 1: didn’t notice anything
Day 2: for the first time in my life I felt completely rested after only 5 hours of sleep, incredible mental and energy boost, brain fog completely lifted, slightly wired
Day 3: brain fog, no energy, mentally slow
Day 4: still dumb and now I have dermatitis all over my face, I presume this thing burned through my b vitamins and I need to double the dose while I take it

Jon2547

@Hans
If I take it orally, is it best to apply to gums and wait a while? Or chase it with some beverage?

Hans

Forum Supporter
@Hans
If I take it orally, is it best to apply to gums and wait a while? Or chase it with some beverage?
No just swallow it, but you can always try and see if you feel a difference that way.

ursidae

@ursidae

Ohh.
Do you still have the other issues you had?
Besides briefly giving me energy, hasn’t changed much but I haven’t given it enough time. I stopped taking it today, I will need to learn how to take it and probably take less. Im using the by Source Naturals which is 750 mg per capsule. It’s crazy that the daily dose they’re using for weight loss is 3 g (4 capsules). Just one pill gave me tons of energy and probably depleted a lot of things which resulted in a huge drop of energy the next day

OP
G

Gustav3Y

I see.
I member you had actual medical issues with prolactin, cortisol, isn't it?

ursidae

Oh yeah I haven’t tested those since February this year. I’ll update you on any developments and whether the prolactinoma-toxoplasmosis connection is legit when I get some tests done
Edit:
you are probably thinking of whether I’m trying to target the tumour with pyruvate? I didn’t think about that and Maybe that would be worth trying

Last edited:
OP
G

Gustav3Y

Oh yeah I haven’t tested those since February last year. I’ll update you on any developments and whether the prolactinoma-toxoplasmosis connection is legit when I get some tests done
Ironically prolactin it is said to be protective protozoa like toxoplasma in lactating mothers according to studies.

As matter of fact, a mother getting acute infection with toxoplasma stopped producing mik, the prolactin dropped, this is an anecdote from real life.
But of course also had the typical symptoms of toxoplasmosis.

Ignoramus

The first few days of use I liked it, but I stopped because it made me feel a bit 'off'. It kind of made my head feel warm in a bad way; hard to describe. I get a similar feeling from lactose-free milk ?‍♂️

Jam

@Hans
It'll start a fire in your mouth -- please don't.

skuabird

I have bulk supplements calcium pyruvate. I was taking it with niacinamide.

I haven't been taking it as regularly lately (though I still take niacinamide consistently)...I have noticed a subtle drop in energy, so maybe it was helping out a bit. It wasn't a big difference, though.