Calcium overload?????

P

Peatness

Thank you for the reply. I only have Magnesium oxide and bisglycinate on hand. Do you know which one gets absorbed better? I know oxide causes diarrhea but I think I saw reports where it absorbs many times over in the blood compared to others. I will also post this question in the diet section.
Magnesium oxide is ok if you have adequate stomach acid, but bisglycinate is better absorbed. You can also do transdermal magnesium either as magnesium chloride spray or magoil (ideaLabs). Magnesium sulphate (Epsom salt) as a soak. Please get ph strips and check urine ph.

Elie

Forum Supporter
Whenever there is twitching I suggest checking urine ph.

The supplement you are taking could have high levels of lead, bone meal is risky, plus the label shows it contains silica and other undesirable excipients. Magnesium is a good idea, but check ph first. Salt might be helpful. Check b6 status too.
in a recent interview, posted on the forum this week, Ray suggested that eggshell calcium and coral calcium are the cleanest sources.
Vitamin D and K2 are needed as well to prevent calcification. best to ensure sufficiency of the big 4 - calcium, magnesium, potassium and sodium.

OP
J

June

Magnesium oxide is ok if you have adequate stomach acid, but bisglycinate is better absorbed. You can also do transdermal magnesium either as magnesium chloride spray or magoil (ideaLabs). Magnesium sulphate (Epsom salt) as a soak. Please get ph strips and check urine ph.
Thanks..i will try to obtain PH strips. According to this, mag oxide provides a high loading of elemental magnesium.

Do you agree? I wonder if oxide may be the quickest solution for current situation.

OP
J

June

in a recent interview, posted on the forum this week, Ray suggested that eggshell calcium and coral calcium are the cleanest sources.
Vitamin D and K2 are needed as well to prevent calcification. best to ensure sufficiency of the big 4 - calcium, magnesium, potassium and sodium.
Hi I plan to consider the balance once this is rectified. But in the meantime, I need to somehow undo the imbalance I caused with the quickest solution, as this zapping is intolerable. Mag Oxide is something im considering later in the afternoon.

P

Peatness

Have a look at these post as well.

Magnoil - Liquid Magnesium

Serotonin Is The Likely Cause Of Septic And Anaphylactic Shock

Increased Vit D Supplementation Leads To Muscle Twitching

OP
J

June

Have a look at these post as well.

Magnoil - Liquid Magnesium

Serotonin Is The Likely Cause Of Septic And Anaphylactic Shock

Increased Vit D Supplementation Leads To Muscle Twitching

Funny u mention Vit D. Ive been taking the same Vit D for years and never had this reaction. Only difference this time is, I took it along with the Bone Meal. Which makes me hypothesize that it caused me to absorb too much calcium. Your knowledge is so helpful.

thirdcatgy

You might consider backing off the individual supplements and moving to an electrolyte product which has them in balance (including potassium which could be contributing to your symptoms), and/or try adding in coconut water.

If you wanted to add in more magnesium, mag theronate. 1/3 in the morning to help set circadian and regulate cortisol, the other part in the evening.

Don't rule out iron and/or metal toxicity as well as SIBO. {Test}

As much grounding and full-body sunlight as you as endure (3-4 hours a day - especially early morning hourse) for a few weeks and titrate back to a regular dose if symptoms resolve. (at least an hour). Walking barefoot is great.

Also, eating your meals outside - especially dinner - can really be helpful as well.

P

Peatness

Funny u mention Vit D. Ive been taking the same Vit D for years and never had this reaction. Only difference this time is, I took it along with the Bone Meal. Which makes me hypothesize that it caused me to absorb too much calcium. Your knowledge is so helpful.
You are welcome. Blood test might be helpful too

OP
J

June

You might consider backing off the individual supplements and moving to an electrolyte product which has them in balance (including potassium which could be contributing to your symptoms), and/or try adding in coconut water.

If you wanted to add in more magnesium, mag theronate. 1/3 in the morning to help set circadian and regulate cortisol, the other part in the evening.

Don't rule out iron and/or metal toxicity as well as SIBO. {Test}

As much grounding and full-body sunlight as you as endure (3-4 hours a day - especially early morning hourse) for a few weeks and titrate back to a regular dose if symptoms resolve. (at least an hour). Walking barefoot is great.

Also, eating your meals outside - especially dinner - can really be helpful as well.
Really helpful tips. I did immediately start coconut water right after this started but unfortunately it didn’t touch the symptoms or help in any way. Im anemic due to bleeding issue, so I know iron is not in abundance but then again never had issues till I took this Bone meal Calcium.

thirdcatgy

Really helpful tips. I did immediately start coconut water right after this started but unfortunately it didn’t touch the symptoms or help in any way. Im anemic due to bleeding issue, so I know iron is not in abundance but then again never had issues till I took this Bone meal Calcium.

Sounds good. You might still try an electrolyte product. They are a little pricey but seem to be effective and takes the guesswork out of any chelation issues.

From a bodywork standpoint, you might try focusing in on the sides of your body, your neck (scalenes/sterno/1st rib) and especially the suboccipitals in the back of head - likely the source of that shooting pain into your ear. We're typically operating (and treating) the sagittal plane - with the frontal and transverse being ignored. Those issues/restrictions in the body seem to converge in the neck and head - especially as we age (and sit too much).

OP
J

June

Sounds good. You might still try an electrolyte product. They are a little pricey but seem to be effective and takes the guesswork out of any chelation issues.

From a bodywork standpoint, you might try focusing in on the sides of your body, your neck (scalenes/sterno/1st rib) and especially the suboccipitals in the back of head - likely the source of that shooting pain into your ear. We're typically operating (and treating) the sagittal plane - with the frontal and transverse being ignored. Those issues/restrictions in the body seem to converge in the neck and head - especially as we age (and sit too much).
I was just researching on electrolytes. Any suggestions? I remember back in the day, I tried this clear liquid electrolyte mineral product that I would add to my bottled water. Not sure if it did anything but then again, I didnt have as many issues as I do now. Forgot the name of it.

Someone else mentioned scalene muscles too. So I'm glad you second that. I've been stretching my head to the right and using acupressure on that scalene area but the pain just runs right through my fingers, not alleviated by any movement. Every time there's a zap, my head and neck clenches itself. Randomly the swallowing movement will activate it. Is there a maneuver you suggest? It is very curious that calcium would cause these pains on my left side rather than throughout body. I wonder what this tells me about my body... Thanks!

thirdcatgy

I was just researching on electrolytes. Any suggestions? I remember back in the day, I tried this clear liquid electrolyte mineral product that I would add to my bottled water. Not sure if it did anything but then again, I didnt have as many issues as I do now. Forgot the name of it.

Someone else mentioned scalene muscles too. So I'm glad you second that. I've been stretching my head to the right and using acupressure on that scalene area but the pain just runs right through my fingers, not alleviated by any movement. Every time there's a zap, my head and neck clenches itself. Randomly the swallowing movement will activate it. Is there a maneuver you suggest? It is very curious that calcium would cause these pains on my left side rather than throughout body. I wonder what this tells me about my body... Thanks!

There's no doubt calcium (or mag or potassium) could play a role. I personally try to get as much as I can from food, but I use Robb Wolf's product to augment any deficiencies:
Amazon product ASIN B084HQ4DYQView: https://www.amazon.com/Electrolyte-Hydration-Developed-Artificial-Ingredients/dp/B084HQ4DYQ/ref=sr_1_4?crid=5F6D2WZTISQ5&dchild=1&keywords=robb+wolf+electrolyte&qid=1627245407&sprefix=electrolytes+robb%2Caps%2C211&sr=8-4

Scalenes are a big ticket item. Just remember than those large muscles which innovate your shoulders and traps feed in to keep them (scalenes) hot.

Depending on your age (and whether you've done much heavy weight training in the past), cleaning everything up can take a few months. However, it's super rewarding. If you start from your feet and just work up the kinetic chain to free things up, your sleep can dramatically improve, your stress levels improve, etc....I've even found that it seems to impact blood sugar regulation as tension (trigger points) in the body can fire inflammation into the body/blood (substance P, etc.)

The Trigger Point Therapy workbook by Clair Davies is a fantastic resource. You'll be surprised at how deep you need to get in there to create lasting change. And breathwork during the process is vital. Finally, I've found that a little THC/CBD really helps to allow you to work through the most problematic and painful areas (such as the scalenes.), but obviously that might not be for everyone.

JamesGatz

Came here to say K2 helped me A LOT with calcium overload issues - always made sure my magnesium and D were good, but felt like I was getting too much calcium from dairy - when my calcium is high i just vomit at the thought of consuming dairy - I always start getting calcium issues if I neglect K2 and feel like my blood flow is so much smoother when using K2 - im able to take in a lot more calcium even if I'm just microdosing K2

Attakai

Came here to say K2 helped me A LOT with calcium overload issues - always made sure my magnesium and D were good, but felt like I was getting too much calcium from dairy - when my calcium is high i just vomit at the thought of consuming dairy - I always start getting calcium issues if I neglect K2 and feel like my blood flow is so much smoother when using K2 - im able to take in a lot more calcium even if I'm just microdosing K2
Yep K2 the mk4 type is very helpful with calcium overload.

OP
J

June

There's no doubt calcium (or mag or potassium) could play a role. I personally try to get as much as I can from food, but I use Robb Wolf's product to augment any deficiencies:
Amazon product ASIN B084HQ4DYQView: https://www.amazon.com/Electrolyte-Hydration-Developed-Artificial-Ingredients/dp/B084HQ4DYQ/ref=sr_1_4?crid=5F6D2WZTISQ5&dchild=1&keywords=robb+wolf+electrolyte&qid=1627245407&sprefix=electrolytes+robb%2Caps%2C211&sr=8-4

Scalenes are a big ticket item. Just remember than those large muscles which innovate your shoulders and traps feed in to keep them (scalenes) hot.

Depending on your age (and whether you've done much heavy weight training in the past), cleaning everything up can take a few months. However, it's super rewarding. If you start from your feet and just work up the kinetic chain to free things up, your sleep can dramatically improve, your stress levels improve, etc....I've even found that it seems to impact blood sugar regulation as tension (trigger points) in the body can fire inflammation into the body/blood (substance P, etc.)

The Trigger Point Therapy workbook by Clair Davies is a fantastic resource. You'll be surprised at how deep you need to get in there to create lasting change. And breathwork during the process is vital. Finally, I've found that a little THC/CBD really helps to allow you to work through the most problematic and painful areas (such as the scalenes.), but obviously that might not be for everyone.

Thanks for this information. I think I'm young enough to make a substantial recovery. Or so I like to think lol. This would be perfect opportunity to get some therapy done but I'll just wait till everything is safe enough for close distances.

Yep K2 the mk4 type is very helpful with calcium overload.

Thanks for your input. This is interesting..Vitamin K of any sort makes me feel awful. I wonder why this is. It either gives me hot flashes or my overall chest area feels heavy. I wonder if it's because my other minerals/vitamins are off balance?