Calcium intake and dental health.

GreekDemiGod

Has anyone actually seen improvements in their dental health from upping Calcium intake? Or is it just a myth?
Because there are some claims on Low VA thread about people having excellent dental health on zero to little Calcium intake, also in the Carnivore communities.

L_C

Has anyone actually seen improvements in their dental health from upping Calcium intake? Or is it just a myth?
Because there are some claims on Low VA thread about people having excellent dental health on zero to little Calcium intake, also in the Carnivore communities.
I haven't seen any improvement in my dental health from upping calcium in form of dairy. Actually, I think dairy (and I tried all kinds from goat to sheep to cow, A1 or A2, raw, pasteurized etc) increases my prolactin which messing up my teeth even more. It could be also from increased vitamin A that's in milk.

I do take other solubles D, E K2 and Mg.

Also, I tried MCHA which I leave overnight on teeth. Perhaps, this helps a little but again no miracles.

I begin to think perhaps we dont need to eat dairy. Ancient hunting/gathering people didnt milk cows. Sometimes, I don't know what to think about the whole dairy thing. I know Peat approves it. I just see no benefit for me.

Summer

I’m not so sure. As an example, there are many indigenous groups in the Americas whose dietary staples didn’t include dairy but they had near-perfect teeth. I think it could be contributed to things like maintaining natural posture, preparing grains properly, and low stress among other things. Also, someone here (I think it was Amazoniac) linked a study showing that higher serum vitamin C levels positively correlated to better dental health.

Jamsey

Yea, when I was using iodine my teeth became really sensitive. Eggshell(~650mg calcium) every meal for a few weeks got rid of it.

It is a myth, or it's role in dental health is greatly exaggerated especially by people here.

It buffers your teeth from any potential acidity in your saliva. That's the long and short of it.

SamYo123

Westside pufas made a video on youtube , about who will live longer a while back, seems to have deleted it now. Explained 3 people, ray peat and 2 others who didn't consume dairy or any other fats.. but consumed alot of starch all 3 were also pufa free he mention that the other 2 were not lacking calcium and their bones were fine. I think they're still in their 90s

Inaut

I brush my teeth with calcium carbonate. My teeth feel clean. Nothing to report with dietary calcium though

Pedigree

i had been consuming 5g~ of calcium a day for a year or so, all the while having deteriorating teeth. I introduced 5000IU of vitamin D a day and my teeth completely refilled back in and now seem considerably more white. all of this happened within 3 weeks of supplementation.

i had been consuming 5g~ of calcium a day for a year or so, all the while having deteriorating teeth. I introduced 5000IU of vitamin D a day and my teeth completely refilled back in and now seem considerably more white. all of this happened within 3 weeks of supplementation.
Bollocks. What do you mean by "filled in" are you actually claiming that your demineralised teeth remineralised in a little under 3 weeks because that is impossible.

If your teeth were "deteriorating"like you claim(always the chance you are being hyperbolic)there's no way you reversed that level of decay, which would mean exposed dentin with an addition of Vitamin D. 5000IU, 10'000IU, 1'000'000IU, It don't matter. Wouldn't make an iota of difference at that stage of erosion you are alluding to having had prior to the Vitamin D.

Pedigree

Bollocks. What do you mean by "filled in" are you actually claiming that your demineralised teeth remineralised in a little under 3 weeks because that is impossible.

If your teeth were "deteriorating"like you claim(always the chance you are being hyperbolic)there's no way you reversed that level of decay, which would mean exposed dentin with an addition of Vitamin D. 5000IU, 10'000IU, 1'000'000IU, It don't matter. Wouldn't make an iota of difference at that stage of erosion you are alluding to having had prior to the Vitamin D.
by deteriorating I mean my teeth went from white to translucent, filled in meant they went back to being white again. my teeth were deteriorated enough to the point where my mother gasped at the sight of seeing my teeth when I opened my mouth

loess

My teeth are terrible despite consuming lots of milk and dairy, but that's primarily due to Lyme disease and co-infections which seem to trump all attempts at pursuing health via nutrition.

Jennifer

I have. My teeth, and just as important, my bones, improved immensely when I switched to a dairy-based diet, and also when I was under the care of an RBTI practitioner who had a strong focus on calcium, and had me supplementing specific forms of calcium based on my chemistry. Not only can I see that calcium has improved my teeth (and nails), but I have extensive testing, including DEXA scans, ultrasounds and MRIs that show it has reversed serious osteoporosis. Personally, I would be cautious in believing anyone who claims that they get zero calcium, unless they’re breatharian. lol If they consume food, they’re getting calcium.

L_C

I have. My teeth, and just as important, my bones, improved immensely when I switched to a dairy-based diet, and also when I was under the care of an RBTI practitioner who had a strong focus on calcium, and had me supplementing specific forms of calcium based on my chemistry. Not only can I see that calcium has improved my teeth (and nails), but I have extensive testing, including DEXA scans, ultrasounds and MRIs that show it has reversed serious osteoporosis. Personally, I would be cautious in believing anyone who claims that they get zero calcium, unless they’re breatharian. lol If they consume food, they’re getting calcium.
What forms of calcium have you been supplementing (besides dairy)? Are you taking any other fat soluble vitamins? I assume you do...just wondering.

Jennifer

@L_C, the only supplements I take are NDT and vitamin D3. I saw improvements in my teeth within months of following a dairy-based diet—my teeth remineralized, going from translucent back to white—and a substantial increase in bone density within a year. This was a year prior to following RBTI and more than a decade prior to taking NDT.

Jennifer

So I went through my RBTI lab material and just to expand on my initial comment, this hopefully gives people an idea of what I mean when I say if a person consumes food, they’re getting calcium. This chart shows different forms of calcium in a variety of foods that Carey Reams personally tested in his lab:

20230111_100826.jpg

Also, I forgot to mention transmutation of elements or “biological transmutations.” I think Ray talked about calcium, potassium, magnesium and sodium substituting for one another, but what I’m specifically referring to is the French scientist C. Louis Kervran’s work, and his observation of calcium-deprived chickens administered mica (a potassium-rich mineral) producing eggs with hard shells—he proposed low-energy nuclear reactions where an element gets converted into an other element as an explanation—so even if a person was put on a William Brown, nutrient restricted type of experiment where (s)he consumed a lab concocted diet devoid of any calcium, does it contain elements that the body converts into calcium to meet its needs?

As you can see from Reams’ chart, there are many sources of calcium to choose from. When I was allergic to dairy and wasn’t digesting eggshell powder well, I used a combination of nettle and horsetail made into a concentrated infusion, specifically for my bones. Ultimately, I did what I could to overcome my dairy allergy because I love dairy, and I’ve never had a grain, nut or seed “milk”-based product that ever came close to the real thing. To me, they’re just a poor substitute, and life is too short and quite honestly, sometimes kind of rubbish, for me to go without dairy ever again. It just makes me happy so even if someone claimed I didn’t need calcium or vitamin A or any other nutrient, I need ice cream in my life. It’s as simple as that. lol

Ben.

My teeth are terrible despite consuming lots of milk and dairy, but that's primarily due to Lyme disease and co-infections which seem to trump all attempts at pursuing health via nutrition.

Same here.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals