Calcium Hydroxyapatite/MCHA A Superior Form Of Calcium

Josh

So I need to supplement calcium due to not being able to eat dairy as EVERY SINGLE form of it flares my eczema and gives me insomnia (Trust me i've tested every single form/type/brand you can think of i am 100% certain dairy is the culprit..)

Now Calcium carbonate or egg shells seem to be the go to here but carbonate is giving me bad constipation. (I know there is recomendations for magnsium/white vinegar etc so help improve digestion but i rather get the form right than trying to fight the problem). Also Chris Masterjohn says this form is more likely to cause Calcium Alkali syndrome.

Why does no one talk about Calcium Hydroxyapatite/MCHA? 99% of the body's calcium is found as calcium hydroxyapatite and it seems to be a form that is less constipating and easier to digest. Bone meal is basically Calcium hydroxyapatite.

Chris Kresser/Chris Masterjohn/Travis Burch are all folks who prefer this form to other forms (as long as the company discloses it's heavy metal results for lead etc.

Does anyone have any recommendations for great Bone/Hydroxyapatite/MCHA brands that are uk accessible that are lead and heavy metal free?

So far these seem like some great products:

Calcium (MCHA) 180's

KAL Bone Meal Powder £15.00

generalbill

I've been contemplating how to get calcium in my diet outside of dairy and I think minnows is the answer:
Whole small fish as a rich calcium source - PubMed

I bought small dried anchovies at a local market that seems to cater to Latin Americans (La Ricura is the brand). When I say small anchovies, these are not your typical anchovies. These are pretty much tiny whole minnows that happen to be anchovy minnows. On the package, it does mention 62% of daily calcium in 1 oz. How I like to eat them, is cooking them into scrambled eggs in the morning. 2 oz of minnows for fast, effective relief. :)

Last edited:

generalbill

I figured I'd post an update. I switched to eating shrimp with the peels on, to get calcium from the shrimp shells.

J

james2388

Do the grass fed bone meal powder, with marrow and such. If you are worried about the form of calcium, you need to get into the biochemistry... calcium carbonate mixed with vinegar produces calcium acetate, water and carbon dioxide. Calcium carbonate mixed with hydrochloric acid makes calcium chloride. You have to understand the metabolism, chemical reaction that's taking place. Taking too much calcium, will obviously give you GI symptoms, by diluting stomach acid production, and the body might compensate by not creating enough, or over producing stomach acid. This is a hallmark of the 'milk alkali syndrome' where there is an over consumption of milk that dilutes stomach acid. If all one relies on is drinking skim milk like some people do on this forum, then they have another thing coming. If you don't use it, you lose it, and it doesn't take much stomach acid at all to digest orange juice, milk or gelatin.

If you can take care of the chemical reaction before hand, do that, calcium acetate improves serum calcium better than carbonate Calcium acetate versus calcium carbonate as phosphate-binding agents in chronic haemodialysis - PubMed

You have people giving you the same advice of vinegar + egg shells. or add vinegar to bone stock, to increase calcium Study Suggests Vinegar Increases Calcium Absorption from Foods – Versatile Vinegar

On a side note, to speak about alkalinity, that so many on this forum get wrong about baking soda, is not turning it into an acidic

You are worried about the correct form, but don't really understand biochem when it comes to calcium. Also don't take supplements everyday. The worst health anxiety that you can have as some sort of supplement/mineral neuroticism but can't afford or be bothered to actually take corresponding blood tests regarding calcium, is a mistake.

You're going to have to walk this line further to Vitamin A, Vitamin D, Calcium, Phosphate, Magnesium, Sodium, Potassium, Iron, Zinc etc and be more philosophical as well as academic, when considering their relationships.

iu

M

member 14952

Do the grass fed bone meal powder, with marrow and such. If you are worried about the form of calcium, you need to get into the biochemistry... calcium carbonate mixed with vinegar produces calcium acetate, water and carbon dioxide. Calcium carbonate mixed with hydrochloric acid makes calcium chloride. You have to understand the metabolism, chemical reaction that's taking place. Taking too much calcium, will obviously give you GI symptoms, by diluting stomach acid production, and the body might compensate by not creating enough, or over producing stomach acid. This is a hallmark of the 'milk alkali syndrome' where there is an over consumption of milk that dilutes stomach acid. If all one relies on is drinking skim milk like some people do on this forum, then they have another thing coming. If you don't use it, you lose it, and it doesn't take much stomach acid at all to digest orange juice, milk or gelatin.

If you can take care of the chemical reaction before hand, do that, calcium acetate improves serum calcium better than carbonate Calcium acetate versus calcium carbonate as phosphate-binding agents in chronic haemodialysis - PubMed

You have people giving you the same advice of vinegar + egg shells. or add vinegar to bone stock, to increase calcium Study Suggests Vinegar Increases Calcium Absorption from Foods – Versatile Vinegar

On a side note, to speak about alkalinity, that so many on this forum get wrong about baking soda, is not turning it into an acidic

You are worried about the correct form, but don't really understand biochem when it comes to calcium. Also don't take supplements everyday. The worst health anxiety that you can have as some sort of supplement/mineral neuroticism but can't afford or be bothered to actually take corresponding blood tests regarding calcium, is a mistake.

You're going to have to walk this line further to Vitamin A, Vitamin D, Calcium, Phosphate, Magnesium, Sodium, Potassium, Iron, Zinc etc and be more philosophical as well as academic, when considering their relationships.

iu
Do you think that negative symptoms like headaches and nasal congestion may improve, when I mix my calcium carbonate with vinegar to make it calcium acetate?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals