Calcium Deficiency Is Real, But Not Recognized On A Blood Test

Peatogenic

So, after many years (4) of dropping all dairy from my diet, I decided to look into the RDI for calcium.

I quickly began to realize that the RDI was 1000mg for a Adult, Male. I am sure this would be higher for someone who exercises very intensely (me).

Doing some basic maths I noticed that I would never be getting anywhere near this amount on a daily basis.

There appears to be not many whole-food based calcium rich foods, apart from Sardines, Soy (Would never ingest this shi*), and a few others.

So I started trialing out a calcium powder at approx. 1500mg daily.

Noticeable effects (Within 5 days):
-Insanely less mental chatter
-Strong focus/ANTI-ADHD properties
-Stronger libido
-Increased vascularity
-Better sleep
-CALMNESS (You would think the opposite)

Now clearly I have had blood tests to prove that I am indeed NOT deficient in calcium, since I understand that the body can easily maintain homeostasis via pulling calcium from the bones.

How do you respond to calcium?
How many mg do you aim for per day?

I notice the same with calcium. Very calming. I dropped dairy a year ago and have been craving ice cream like a mother. Calcium has always been the prime ingredient for healthy bowel movements as well. On the other hand, I noticed inflammation go away when dropping milk.

JTQ911

Bringing this back from the dead.

I've been taking Magnesium Glycinate, 800mg daily to help with constipation due to SIBO (methane + hydrogen sulfide). I've had to cut dairy as well. I don't believe I'm getting enough Calcium or Potassium due to my low FODMAP, low sulfur diet.

Could excess magnesium or just overall deficiency in calcium or potassium cause GERD or acid reflux?

Sagitarrius90

@Lozko what signs did you get when you had a CA+ Defiency?

I've been sweating like a mad man and have been taking a lot of magnesium lately as well I assumed I had very low potassium...

Signs I have right now are

-High serotonin like symptoms
-Depression
-A lot of water weight mostly in face (could be cortisol but I don't feel stressed perhaps low CA+ causing higher E2)
- Ruminiaiton (Running thoughts that won't stop mostly negative)
- Self Improvement stopped, can't concentrate ADHD like symptoms

rei

I notice the same with calcium. Very calming. I dropped dairy a year ago and have been craving ice cream like a mother. Calcium has always been the prime ingredient for healthy bowel movements as well. On the other hand, I noticed inflammation go away when dropping milk.
Inflammation is the body trying to achieve something. You can reduce it by limiting salt, consuming PUFA etc. since they reduce immune system activity.

Now ask yourself, is this immune system activity undesired? "autoimmunity" ? Or simply what needs to be done to maintain full functionality instead of falling back to reduced function and requirement?

GorillaHead

Is it possible some individuals need more calcium than others?

like i started supplementing calcium. Around 300mg and i noticed profound affects. Very calm. Adrenaline down. Way down. Like is this what ive been missing for so long?

redspy

Is it possible some individuals need more calcium than others?

like i started supplementing calcium. Around 300mg and i noticed profound affects. Very calm. Adrenaline down. Way down. Like is this what ive been missing for so long?
Let's hope this is long term. I started extra calcium supplements myself, reading about you guys.

speedster

I no longer use the calcium supplements. I do have dairy every now and then. I did feel good initially with calcium supps, and then drop off.
Hey Lucas, how do you achieve your daily recommended calcium? Do you still avoid calcium supplements?

June

How is everyone doing with calcium supplementation? anyone consider coral calcium?

mattmm24

June

eggshell is the best
Does it cause constipation?
The best calcium supplement is calcium Malate. Amazon product ASIN B000FGXLMIView: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FGXLMI?ref=nb_sb_ss_w_as-reorder-mobile_k0_1_8&amp=&crid=WGQ34FMRR9SZ&amp=&sprefix=calcium+

That is what I use. I use double wood magnesium Malate. And always a little Boron with as well.
I have never looked at calcium Malate specifically. Why is this particularly good?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals