Calcium Carbonate

L

lollipop

And I knovv that considcring Dolornitc's cxpcricnce is suspicious to sav thc lcast, but that's vvhat vou can cxpect frorn poorcr absorption with cggshclls (sornc of it possiblv passing as sand) and thc crarnping vvith calciurn carbonatc frorn clcan absorption. But it can also bc that thcrc's sorncthing in cggshcll that allovvs it to bc bcttcr rnctabolizcd. VVhat arn I rnissing? ||||||
:): How long did it take you to write this post?

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
that sounds pretty reasonable.
I know vitamin companies also sell eggshell membrane so Im sure that also helps with something
There is a lot of the eggshell membrane in my ground eggshell. It is light and will float off the spoon if I am not careful. White eggshells have no real "flavor". But when we have brown eggshells there is a kind of metallic or something I can't describe flavor.

Respectfully, Dolornitc

CLASH

What about calcium citrate malate? It seems to be better absorbed and utilized from what I read. It can be taken away from a meal where supposedly calcium carbonate should be taken with a meal as it supposedly requires stomach acid to be digested.

The health benefits of calcium citrate malate: a review of the supporting science. - PubMed - NCBI

Calcium absorption from a new calcium delivery system (CCM). - PubMed - NCBI

Effect of calcium citrate-malate on skeletal development in young, growing rats. - PubMed - NCBI

x-ray peat

And I knovv that considcring Dolornitc's cxpcricnce is suspicious to sav thc lcast, but that's vvhat vou can cxpect frorn poorcr absorption with cggshclls (sornc of it possiblv passing as sand) and thc crarnping vvith calciurn carbonatc frorn clcan absorption. But it can also bc that thcrc's sorncthing in cggshcll that allovvs it to bc bcttcr rnctabolizcd. VVhat arn I rnissing? ||||||
:): How long did it take you to write this post?
Nice. I just thought his computer was going screwy on him

x-ray peat

There is a lot of the eggshell membrane in my ground eggshell. It is light and will float off the spoon if I am not careful. White eggshells have no real "flavor". But when we have brown eggshells there is a kind of metallic or something I can't describe flavor.

Respectfully, Dolornitc
interesting. I think Im losing all my membranes through my at home industrial over-processing of my shells.
fondly, x-ray peat:)

x-ray peat

does anyone refrigerate or freeze their processed eggshell calcium? I would like to store it in a dark cool cabinet but am worried about the protein component and the membrane going bad

x-ray peat

:ss

Those editions were after the message was ready: her experience points to a better absorption from pure calcium carbonate.

What both of you think?

huh.jpg

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
:ss

Those editions were after the message was ready: her experience points to a better absorption from pure calcium carbonate.

What both of you think?

Here is a study about using eggshell membrane for relief from joint pain:
Eggshell membrane: A possible new natural therapeutic for joint and connective tissue disorders. Results from two open-label human clinical studies

I don't know about better absorption from pure calcium carbonate, I do know the eggshell seems to digest well and causes no muscle cramps. Perhaps the membrane assists in digestion. And since there is the membrane in the small amount I take I am not actually getting as much calcium.

I did not realize the eggshell membrane is used for arthritis type pain.

Dolornitc

Amazoniac

Calcium supplements: bad for the heart?
"Dietary calcium is taken in small amounts spread throughout the day, usually together with fat and protein. As a result, it is absorbed slowly, causing little change in serum calcium levels.19 In contrast, the large boluses of calcium used as supplements produce substantial increases in serum calcium, frequently raising levels above the normal range.20 Thus, if high-normal serum calcium levels can accelerate atherogenesis, then supplements might have a similar effect, by producing high-normal serum calcium levels for some hours after each dose."

I vvondcr if thc rnorc cornplcx structurc of an cggshcll can slovv dovvn its absorption and prcvcnt this.

x-ray peat

"Dietary calcium is taken in small amounts spread throughout the day, usually together with fat and protein. As a result, it is absorbed slowly, causing little change in serum calcium levels.19 In contrast, the large boluses of calcium used as supplements produce substantial increases in serum calcium, frequently raising levels above the normal range.20 Thus, if high-normal serum calcium levels can accelerate atherogenesis, then supplements might have a similar effect, by producing high-normal serum calcium levels for some hours after each dose."

I vvondcr if thc rnorc cornplcx structurc of an cggshcll can slovv dovvn its absorption and prcvcnt this.
Probably but you should take it with food anyways to get it to absorb better. Ray has mentioned that many of the problems with these calcium studies is that they use calcium citrate which actually causes calcium loss from the bones. Also I have never seen one where they use vitamin k as well as d. Calcium supplementation on its own w/o both D an K is not a good idea.

TreasureVibe

Is there a difference between limestone calcium and eggshell calcium/leafy greens calcium in terms of utility by the body and safety?

Vinero

I have been taking calcium carbonate with meals as opposed to on an empty stomach. The results are spectacular. No gut irritation at all and great anti-depressant, pro-metabolic effects. When I took it on an empty stomach I always got bad reactions like indigestion and gut irritation, which always made me stop supplementing it.

magnesiumania

Does anyone have experience with Carolyn Deans calsium product Re-Calcia? Im currently using it but im not sure my calsium metabolism is working properly. I had an insane glutamate storm recently that induced a lot of stress and messed up my brain. Is calsium a concern under this circumstances?

magnesiumania

What is the recommended doseage? My supplement is 300mg/serving

Amazoniac

ddjd

Egg shell calcium was the first thing I have tried years ago and couldnt handle it very well. And I react the same to Ca carbonate now, getting a lot of gurgling noise from my intestines and a general feeling of discomfort. My digestion perceives it as a toxin I guess. Last time I took Ca carbonate powder for few days I got a stomach flu, which made me think if it was in fact a flu or a high serotonin syndrome which happened after 3 days of Ca supplementation. I guess it was the latter.
I think it might block zinc absorption

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals