Calcium Carbonate and Stomach Acidity

Neuroleptic

Is taking a lot of supplemental calcium in the form of calcium carbonate (oyster shell calcium) bad for stomach health? I've always thought that antacids made from calcium carbonate make the stomach more acidic over time because it tries to compensate for the calcium carbonate. I don't really drink milk because I need more solid food in my diet and I can't get any good milk where I live, so I supplement with calcium to make up for it. Should I be concerned? Thanks for any help!

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Neuroleptic , welcome to the forum! :yellohello

Have you tried cheese for your dairy?

OP
N

Neuroleptic

Thanks!

I haven't tried cheese yet. I've been eating low fat to lose weight, so it would need to be low-fat cheese. I also need a high percentage of carbs to feel well. I feel like utter crap if my carbs get too low. I would feel more comfortable getting calcium from dairy rather than a supplement so I'll look to see if I can find any decent cheese.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
If you need any cheese recommendations let me know.

Sorry I couldn't help you out with any info about calcium supplements. Milk and cheese is causing me major inflammation so I cant do either at this point. So I am supplementing with oyster shells at the moment. I was talking with Ann over at Ark of Wellness yesterday. And she said the Dodie said that she thinks the oyster shell causes inflammation to. Uggggh. I just cant win! :banghead

nwo2012

Neuroleptic said:
Thanks!

I haven't tried cheese yet. I've been eating low fat to lose weight, so it would need to be low-fat cheese. I also need a high percentage of carbs to feel well. I feel like utter crap if my carbs get too low. I would feel more comfortable getting calcium from dairy rather than a supplement so I'll look to see if I can find any decent cheese.

Make your own from raw milk. Then you just scoop all the cream off the top (after the milk sours) and hang in cheese cloth and put into cheese mold+weight on top (can add culture if you want grateable cheese but not necessary). Thats how we do it, very low fat.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals