Calcium (and/or Magnesium) Raises Testosterone Levels In Men

GorillaHead

So we want more calcium, but less intracellular calcium... which is why magnesium and k2 are such powerful supps. Does this basically mean we operate better when there is higher potential across membranes? Extra calcium but outSIDE the cells?
This seems to be the key

Jing

I don't have time to read them all right now, but the first thing I saw was that all of these studies used relatively low doses of calcium. The highest supplemental amount I saw was 1,400mg per day and to see metabolic effects and lower PTH you need at least 2,000mg extra calcium daily. Ray advises even higher amounts - 4,000mg - 5,000mg range and those are the ranges consumed by the Masai tribe. I have never seen an obese Masai, and they also never get heart problems or any other calcification issues.
I get roughly 1500mg a day of calcium from dairy, I kind of want to try out having 4-5000mg calcium daily and see if I notice any benefits. Would supplementing calcium be fine doing this? And would it best to spread the dose throughout the day?

Dr. B

Ray has written that calcium lowers prolactin, which should result in higher dopamine, lower serotonin, and thus higher testosterone. In addition, calcium is considered one of the Electron Withdrawing Cardinal Adsorbent (EWC) in Ling's AI theory of the cell and Ray has said that it is one of the most powerful boosters of metabolism.
This study shows that a human dose of 35 mg/kg of supplemental calcium raises testosterone in men. The study was done in athletes but I don't see a reason why it would not hold true for everybody.
The ability of calcium to lower prolactin should be interesting to anybody with issues related to libido, hair loss, autoimmune conditions, etc.

http://link.springer.com/article/10.100 ... 008-8294-5

Btw, the same scientists published another study using magnesium (sulfate). A dose of 10 mg/kg elemental magnesium also raised testosterone levels.

Effects of magnesium supplementation on testosterone levels of athletes and sedentary subjects at rest and after exhaustion - PubMed

So, combining calcium with magnesium as Ray suggests may have additive effects.

doesnt magnesium have an anti calcium effect, lowers calcium

youngsinatra

doesnt magnesium have an anti calcium effect, lowers calcium
I don't think so. It has calcium-channel blocking properties and I think it mainly helps in the prevention of the accumulation of intracellular calcium, which is something that we don't want.

Magnesium deficiency can cause calcium deficiency, as it is needed in sufficient amounts for proper calcium utilization.

Dr. B

I don't think so. It has calcium-channel blocking properties and I think it mainly helps in the prevention of the accumulation of intracellular calcium, which is something that we don't want.

Magnesium deficiency can cause calcium deficiency, as it is needed in sufficient amounts for proper calcium utilization.

wht about supplemental magnesium? for instance calcium supplements have a bunch of issues.
doesnt milk have like 500mg magnesium per 2500mg calcium. should that amount be enough or do we need to add more magnesium, especially if we are also using 10k IU a day of vitamin d3? i thought supplemental magnesium can cause calcium to go too low. also doesnt vitamin d increase sodium/calcium while vitamin A boosts magnesium/phosphorus/potassium.

im wondering with both vitamin k and magnesium dont they have a calcium lowering effect which raise PTH. if youre taking vitamin d3 and lots of calcium, the effect may not be as noticeable, however i wonder if the effects would become more significant with lower vitamin d intakes and magnesium supplemental intakes. i personally feel better limiting vitamin K to once a week, compared to every other day or daily, and thats just a 1.5mg mk4 and 300mcg mk7 dosage. if I go higher and daily on the vitamin k2 mk4, it causes noticeable hair shedding and seems to even cause receding hairline!

also Ray claims that soft tissue calcification is caused by low dietary calcium intake, not a lack of vitamin k/magnesium or excess calcium intake!

Last edited:

Sefton10

doesnt milk have like 500mg magnesium per 2500mg calcium.
1621754503741.png

This is for 4 cups of 1.5% milk.

David PS

How do you guys feel about eating powdered limestone? A family member recently brought this home (sorry for strange language site) pH-kalkpulver, 500g - pH-Balans - Grön Gåva

Intuitively it feels a little weird but the stats look alright, 1 teaspoon brings 1400 mg calcium and 600 mg magnesium, both in the carbonate form.

It says on the box it's extracted from "wholly natural limestone quarries." I wonder what an unnatural quarry would be like.
Limestone can be very high in silica.

stsfut

I know this is old but I’ve started taking a 1.2g of ca carb daily on top of my diet. I’ve noticed increased energy but also a calm energy, less anxiety. I historically have high PRL.

GorillaHead

I know this is old but I’ve started taking a 1.2g of ca carb daily on top of my diet. I’ve noticed increased energy but also a calm energy, less anxiety. I historically have high PRL.
Same experience except the effects kinds wear off

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals