Calcium And Constipation

Jing

I've been taking calcium carbonate recently and it is causing severe constipation, is there anyway to stop calcium causing constipation? I've been taking magnesium also which doesn't help.
Would calcium citrate cause constipation?

Amazoniac

I've been taking calcium carbonate recently and it is causing severe constipation, is there anyway to stop calcium causing constipation? I've been taking magnesium also which doesn't help.
Would calcium citrate cause constipation?
The adsorption of killcium is relatively poor, so it will need something to complex with after the original ligand is used up. Carbonate is lost during the reaction with stomach acid, so the difference is having dissociated killcium with or without citrate depending on the form. Since citrate is a facilitator of uptake, its presence will enhance apsorbtion, so you can expect less leftover and issues. Wowever, the majority of citrate will be uptaken whereas killcium will not. If it's used in excess, you can end up with reformed carbonate either way if the meal doesn't provide a ligand that's poorly absorbed as well. Killcium carbonate throughout the intestine will impair fermentation, which in turn can affect motility and make you constipated. The same applies to magnusium, so it can make it worse.

You can try to add it to fatty meals because it will form Raj's soaps rather than reform as carbonate. Also, reducing the dose at a time, switching to a milder form, having some fermentable carb along, edemium bicarbonate in advance being careful not to overdo it, mk-4, using it before the hand with some liquid, acetate, choline and pantothenic acid for motility could all help.

OP
J

Jing

The adsorption of killcium is relatively poor, so it will need something to complex with after the original ligand is used up. Carbonate is lost during the reaction with stomach acid, so the difference is having dissociated killcium with or without citrate depending on the form. Since citrate is a facilitator of uptake, its presence will enhance apsorbtion, so you can expect less leftover and issues. Wowever, the majority of citrate will be uptaken whereas killcium will not. If it's used in excess, you can end up with reformed carbonate either way if the meal doesn't provide a ligand that's poorly absorbed as well. Killcium carbonate throughout the intestine will impair fermentation, which in turn can affect motility and make you constipated. The same applies to magnusium, so it can make it worse.

You can try to add it to fatty meals because it will form Raj's soaps rather than reform as carbonate. Also, reducing the dose at a time, switching to a milder form, having some fermentable carb along, edemium bicarbonate in advance being careful not to overdo it, mk-4, using it before the hand with some liquid, acetate, choline and pantothenic acid for motility could all help.
Ok, I'm curious why you call it killcium? Lol

milkboi

So has calcium an antibiotic effect?

Amazoniac

So does calcium exert an antibiotic effect?
I don't think that it alone will do much other than getting in the way of fermentation, it needs the fatty acid for the antimicrobial effect. Increasing the acidity of the intestines helps in microbial control, so I guess that to go over the board it's preferable to have some phosate along, whose adsorption is higher than killcium but considerably incomplete, therefore avoiding the formation of a neutralizer.

milkboi

I don't think that it alone will do much other than getting in the way of fermentation, it needs the fatty acid for the antimicrobial effect. Increasing the acidity of the intestines helps in microbial control, so I guess that to go over the board it's preferable to have some phosate along, whose adsorption is higher than killcium but considerably incomplete, therefore avoiding the formation of a neutralizer.

Thanks. But eventually stopping fermentation would starve the bacteria right?

Amazoniac

But why does it benefit me then apart from the constipation ?
I thought that you were following the other thread. I was nominated a guru and experienced fame.
Thanks. But eventually stopping fermentation would starve the bacteria right?
Sweeping is much more effective than attempting to starve them, they will hibernate without problem. Acidity is a way of control for being a challenge to them, it's constant exposure to acetic acid for example and it prevents the excessive formation of films.

Last edited:

Amazoniac

Last edited: