Bexs

Carbonate, bicarbonate, taurate, glycinate, gluconate are all good salts to try.
What about malate? I haven't heard anyone ( Ray, you , Danny) mention magnesium malate. I switched to magnesium malate from magnesium glycerinate when I heard it could cause anxiety in some individuals. ( I also make mag water, I like that a lot )
What is the negative or positive of magnesium malate?

Mauritio

Daily topical application got rid of a skin rash on my leg.
I know for certain it was calcirol that did it, since i only applied it at one spot and this spot almost completely disappeared, whereas the other ones didn't at all. Even new ones have formed during that time.
There is one spot ,where I applied it only sometimes and this one one only got like 50% better. Whereas the other one where I applied it daily, got like 90-95%better.

I dont known what kind of rash that was.
It wasn't bumpy,itchy or inflamed. I developed it a few months after moving into a former smokers appartment, so I suppose it might be a reaction to the chemicals of cigarette smoke . It does look a bit like a formaldehyde induced rash.

Preglowman

Forum Supporter
Just like the other vitamin products we have released, this product does not really need any introduction to anybody familiar with Peat's work. So, unlike other products of ours, there won't be as many references listed in support of this product but I think even the few ones below are enough to give an idea about its properties. I listed some of the more notable ones, that emphasize the fact that cholecalciferol is actually a (seco)steroid (Secosteroid - Wikipedia), and as such it interacts with other known steroids Peat has written about. For example, vitamin D3 synergizes greatly with progesterone, androgens and DHEA. A few studies examines the affinity of vitamin D for the thyroid, androgen, estrogen, progesterone, and glucocorticoid receptors and found that it was as potent as the native ligands. At the glucocorticoid and estrogen receptors, vitamin D acted as an antagonist, while at the androgen receptor it has been shown to act as an agonist [1, 13]. Not surprising, considering that apparently vitamin D has progesterone-like hormonal effects [15], which may also explain its pro-metabolic effects. Both the "active" vitamin D calcitriol (1-25-OH) and the "inactive" precursor (25-OH) were found to have the same affinity for these receptors, so the talk about only calcitriol being the true vitamin D is nonsense (as Peat said as well).
View attachment 7538

When combined with androgens like DHT or nandrolone, vitamin D greatly increased their anti-cancer and anabolic effects on muscle and bone while simultaneously protecting from the toxicities of high doses of such steroids [4, 5, 6, 7].
One of its most mysterious roles identified so far is the interaction with (and possible activation of) the anti-aging gene Klotho, which Peat mentioned quite a few times in his interviews.
Klotho (biology) - Wikipedia
Another hugely important role is the synergism of vitamin D with vitamin K in the synthesis of osteocalcin. Elevating the levels of osteocalcin has been shown to completely reverse the aging of muscle tissue, and possibly negate the age-associated loss of muscle mass. In addition, osteocalcin has been shown to reverse insulin resistance, restore proper steroid synthesis to youthful levels, and prevent the metabolic changes that occur in cells with aging and can lead to virtually all chronic conditions including cancer, diabetes, CVD, dementia, autoimmune conditions (MS, Lupus, RA) etc.
Osteocalcin - Wikipedia
Last but not least, blood levels of vitamin D are a good surrogate for thyroid function even in the presence of euthyroid biomarkers. Given the widespread prevalence of vitamin D deficiency or insufficiency in the population of most Western countries, I think everybody gets the idea of just how "healthy" people in developed countries currently are. In regards to those widespread deficiencies - a recent study found that the current official guidelines (RDA) for vitamin D supplementation are wrong due to a statistical mistake. As such, almost 9,000 IU (vs. the RDA of 400 IU) daily are needed as a supplement by adults to achieve the optimal blood vitamin D levels. The study also claims the warnings of side effects are unfounded due to the incorrect RDA and calls for medically unsupervised supplementation of 10,000 IU daily for adults and 3,000 IU daily for children older than 1.
The Big Vitamin D Mistake. - PubMed - NCBI

The name Calcirol is an old and seemingly forgotten synonym for cholecalciferol (vitamin D3), and it conveys well IMO the main properties of this chemical - i.e its role in calcium metabolism. The product can be ordered from the link below:
www.idealabsdc.com

Note: This product contains raw material(s) meant for external use only, in cosmetic or other formulations designed for such external use.

Calcirol contains the secosteroid cholecalciferol, also known as vitamin D3. Aside from its well-known role in calcium metabolism, this secosteroid has very important role in immune function, muscle health, stress adaptation (cortisol), anti-aging, sex steroid modulation, cardiovascular function, cognitive function, etc.

Drops per container: about 240
Each drop contains the following ingredients:

Vitamin D3: 1,000 IU

Other ingredients: add product to shopping cart to see info

References:
1. Vitamin D, the anabolic switch?
2. Plausible ergogenic effects of vitamin D on athletic performance and recovery
3. Vitamin K And D Reverse Muscle Aging, May Act Like Sports Doping Agents
4. Vitamin D Inhibits The Deactivation Of Androgens
5. Androgens (DHT, T) Treat Prostate Cancer, Especially When Combined With Vitamin D
6. Endocrine Press | Endocrine Society
7. OrgaNext Research: Addition of Vitamin D Improves Safety Profile of Nandrolone
8. http://www.boneandjoint.org.uk/content/jbjsbr/84-B/4/497.full.pdf
9. Vitamin D Reduces Cortisol In Humans By 40%
10. Vitamin D "as Good As Drugs" In Lowering Blood Pressure
11. Sunlight And Aspirin Can Treat Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
12. Vitamin D discovery outpaces FDA decision making. - PubMed - NCBI
"...During our molecular modeling of the actions of ARBs upon the nuclear receptors,(32) and our subsequent presentation to the FDA,(33) we were struck by the symmetry with which endogenous ligands exhibited very similar affinities across several members of the type 1 nuclear receptor family. For example, 1,25-D docked into the VDR with a (nanomolar) Kd of 8.48, but also exhibited a Kd of 8.12 into the glucocorticoid receptor (GR), 8.41 into the thyroid-alpha-1 receptor (ThRa) and 8.05 into the androgen receptor (AR) (all Kd values were computed using XSCORE(69,70)). Similar high affinities were found with 25-D, which yielded Kd values of 8.36, 8.17, 8.32 and 8.07, respectively. It would seem that activation of this subset of receptors is achieved by a delicate balance between the concentrations of a number of endogenous hormones."
13. Dysregulation of the vitamin D nuclear receptor may contribute to the higher prevalence of some autoimmune diseases in women. - PubMed - NCBI
14. Investigating Transdermal Delivery of Vitamin D3
"...Transdermal delivery of therapeutic amounts of vitamin D3 is proposed to overcome its variable oral bioavailability, especially for people who suffer from fat malabsorption. The main challenge for this delivery route is to overcome the barrier properties of skin, especially for very lipophilic compounds such as vitamin D3. In this study, the effect of different penetration enhancers, such as oleic acid, dodecylamine, ethanol, oleic acid in propylene glycol, isopropyl myristate, octyldodecanol, and oleyl alcohol in propylene glycol were evaluated in vitro for their effectiveness in delivering vitamin D3 through polyamide filter, polydimethylsiloxane membrane, and porcine skin. A diffusion cell was used to study the transdermal permeability of vitamin D3. Ointment formulations of vitamin D3 were prepared containing the most widely used penetration enhancers, oleic acid, and dodecylamine. The ointment containing oleic acid as chemical penetration enhancer did not improve delivery compared to control. On the other hand, the formulation containing dodecylamine as a penetration enhancer did improve the transdermal delivery of vitamin D3. However, statistical significance and an amount high enough for nutritional supplementation purposes were reached only when the skin was pretreated with 50% ethanol. In these conditions, the ointment delivered an amount of 760-ng vitamin D3 per cm2 of skin. The research shows promise that transdermal delivery could be an effective administration route for vitamin D3 when ethanol and dodecylamine are used as penetration enhancers."

"...Based on the recommended daily dose of vitamin D3 (400 IU or 10 μg) and the results of this study, delivery of the recommended daily dose could potentially be achieved by covering a surface of skin of 3.6 ×3.6 cm with vitamin D3 ointment containing both ethanol and dodecylamine. Although these results have only been demonstrated for porcine skin, it is possible that similar results will be obtained in vivo in humans since porcine skin is known to be the best alternative to human skin for in vitro testing of transdermal delivery. This research suggests that transdermal delivery could be an effective way for humans to receive the recommended daily dose of vitamin D3. Transdermal delivery of vitamin D3 could be especially helpful for people who suffer from fat malabsorption."
15. Vitamin D is hormone with progesterone-like activity.
Vitamin D: A steroid hormone with progesterone-like activity | Request PDF
16. Vitamin D in Oxidative Stress and Diseases | IntechOpen
17. (PDF) Vitamin D: A custodian of cell signalling stability in health and disease
Interested in the insights of the forum members...... So I have been taking Calcerol for a few years now 5 drops a day on my inside arms. I have had historically low vitamin D starting when I was 30 I am 51 now. My D levels doubled when I started to take it. But last test recently saw a drop again. First, what does this mean? And 2nd, does it matter? I also take idealabs k2, Progestene, stressanon, magnoil, Cardenosine.

1641247428491.png

Interested

golder

Interested in the insights of the forum members...... So I have been taking Calcerol for a few years now 5 drops a day on my inside arms. I have had historically low vitamin D starting when I was 30 I am 51 now. My D levels doubled when I started to take it. But last test recently saw a drop again. First, what does this mean? And 2nd, does it matter? I also take idealabs k2, Progestene, stressanon, magnoil, Cardenosine.

View attachment 31964
Interested
Interesting. Still been taking 5000iu daily topically and it went down? I hope the recent batches are as good as the old ones.

Preglowman

Forum Supporter
Interesting. Still been taking 5000iu daily topically and it went down? I hope the recent batches are as good as the old ones.
Thanks! Now that you mention batches my last order was November but I could be using a bottle from one before that which has the same date. It shows Exp. 05/2022. don't remember it being so "tacky" on the hairless undersides of my forearms.

Mauritio

Daily topical application got rid of a skin rash on my leg.
I know for certain it was calcirol that did it, since i only applied it at one spot and this spot almost completely disappeared, whereas the other ones didn't at all. Even new ones have formed during that time.
There is one spot ,where I applied it only sometimes and this one one only got like 50% better. Whereas the other one where I applied it daily, got like 90-95%better.

I dont known what kind of rash that was.
It wasn't bumpy,itchy or inflamed. I developed it a few months after moving into a former smokers appartment, so I suppose it might be a reaction to the chemicals of cigarette smoke . It does look a bit like a formaldehyde induced rash.
I'm now suspecting these are spider angiomas, they look similar to the pictures I could find on Google.
At the same time I also developed a cherry angioma. Spider and cherry angiomas have a similar cause.

I still suspect that it was in response to increased harmful chemicals from my new apartment (smoke from the previous owners)

Here's a study showing workers developing cherry angiomas after a short exposure to a toxic chemical. The chemical itself isn't included in cigarettes AFAIK,but it shows that cherry angiomas can form after inhaling toxic chemicals and the workers also showed high formaldehyde which is definitely present in cigarettes.
(Eruptive cherry angiomas and irritant symptoms after one acute exposure to the glycol ether solvent 2-butoxyethanol - PubMed)

The good thing is that the supposed angioma vanishes if I constantly apply a bit of vitamin D.
I havent tried much on the cherry angioma, but that will be next.

Smelly5

I've tried 4 or 5 brands of Vitamin D in the past and never noticed anything. I've had them orally or topically.
With this one, it's very obvious each time I take it that I have better mood and libido.

So far I've usually taken 5-10 drops on the wrists or forearms.

Smelly5

Would it be expected someone with liver damage would need to exercise caution when using these supplements due to the solvent, ethanol?

RealNeat

I'm now suspecting these are spider angiomas, they look similar to the pictures I could find on Google.
At the same time I also developed a cherry angioma. Spider and cherry angiomas have a similar cause.

I still suspect that it was in response to increased harmful chemicals from my new apartment (smoke from the previous owners)

Here's a study showing workers developing cherry angiomas after a short exposure to a toxic chemical. The chemical itself isn't included in cigarettes AFAIK,but it shows that cherry angiomas can form after inhaling toxic chemicals and the workers also showed high formaldehyde which is definitely present in cigarettes.
(Eruptive cherry angiomas and irritant symptoms after one acute exposure to the glycol ether solvent 2-butoxyethanol - PubMed)

The good thing is that the supposed angioma vanishes if I constantly apply a bit of vitamin D.
I havent tried much on the cherry angioma, but that will be next.

Even still the wording, especially tobacco is misleading in the article, as tobacco as the pure plant doesn't present a lot of these issues commercial cigarettes do. Even though combusting anything in your home regularly will cause issues.

When I read in the initial header that D3 acts by also increasing progesterone I immediately understood why if applied to the testicles even in minimal quantities I could attract practically all women ... similar to what nofap does for some. Anyone with similar experience? not necessarily applied to the scrotum.

johnwester130

When I read in the initial header that D3 acts by also increasing progesterone I immediately understood why if applied to the testicles even in minimal quantities I could attract practically all women ... similar to what nofap does for some. Anyone with similar experience? not necessarily applied to the scrotum.

How so? Do women detect it?

Why not just take progesterone?

How so? Do women detect it?

Why not just take progesterone?
Just a guess because I thought women had more progesterone receptors than men then a higher level ... I linked it because on Ben Lynch's Strategene it is indicated that women have higher MAO A and MAO B activity than men (I assume to have different chromosomes).

Among what is suggested for increasing MAOs is progesterone. So as you can see they can be more synergistic and individual experience things.

Trenbolone agonizes progesterone receptors as well

I just made "two and two" as we say ?

If you have other hypotheses ... well received.

johnwester130

Just a guess because I thought women had more progesterone receptors than men then a higher level ... I linked it because on Ben Lynch's Strategene it is indicated that women have higher MAO A and MAO B activity than men (I assume to have different chromosomes).

Among what is suggested for increasing MAOs is progesterone. So as you can see they can be more synergistic and individual experience things.

Trenbolone agonizes progesterone receptors as well

I just made "two and two" as we say ?

If you have other hypotheses ... well received.

I stil; don't understand

Kray

If you use any topical steroids, I suggest trying it with them. It seems to really potentiate the effects when both are taken topically.
@haidut, will absorption then be less topically, if I used Calcirol with CortiNon in tocopherols (v SFA)?
Or, if I have the CortiNon tocopherol version, would it be best to couple with oil-based liquid D? Do oil-based D and hormones absorb as well topically as SFA/ethanol types? I want to try D topically (have taken it orally only in the past and want a break), and have your CortiNon in tocopherol base.

Thanks for your feedback on this.

Last edited:

Kray

Vitamin D3 gives me a rash, red bumpy itchy spots on my arms en neck. I wonder what this could mean?
If I take it topically I get the rash at the site of application. When taken orally I get it on my arms and neck.
I have tried healthnatura vitamin D3 too and I get the same reaction. I also get a very lethargic inflamed feeling after taking it. I think Vitamin D3 increases inflammation by activating the immune system. Maybe it causes some die-off.
This is very interesting. Since you posted, have you had further issues? Have you found a better delivery route, or product?

sunny

Try Thorne's and Calcirol topically at the same dose and check your blood levels 2 weeks later, after each product was used on its own. It is not about the amount you buy for certain money, it is how effective that amount you bought is. If oil-dissolved vitamin D has only 20% absorption you are getting the equivalent of 150,000 IU from those 600,000 IU you bought.
Is the D3 source in calcirol from lanolin? I have not seen it mentioned up to page 5 on this thread.

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
I have been applying 1 to 3 drops to my temples/forehead daily in the morning for about a week.

Results are no daytime sleepiness at all. No crashes after food. No fading out in the afternoon at office.

This is a major improvement and something that has never happened with my previous oral vitamin D supplementation attempts.

So, big thank you to haidut!!
GAF:
Did you stop taking all other vit D supps when you started the 1-3 drops to the temples?

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
So you really only want 200oIU orally or 20000 topically? He has also said that 10000 IU would be the equivalent of spending time in the sun and isn't harmful
Alywest,
Did you ever get clarity on this?