1. **NEW Mini Body Light** MBL11 - Orange, Red & Infrared Therapy Mini Body Light
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Cocoa Butter - Organic & Fair Trade Certified
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Orange & Red Light Therapy Device - LGS1
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Calcirol - Liquid Vitamin D3

Discussion in 'IdeaLabs' started by haidut, Dec 10, 2017.

1. raypeatclips

raypeatclips Member

Okay, thanks for the info. Any other absorption enhancers in the works?

2. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

Possibly, but nothing confirmed yet.

3. Amazoniac

Amazoniac Member

4. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

The point about infections causing low 25-OH-D and high 1,25-OH-D is probably accurate. As I mentioned many times before, testing 25-OH is probably inadequate to draw conclusions about vitamin D status. It should always be tested with 1,25-OH, PTH, calcium, phosphorus and maybe even WBC, CRP, and ESR.

5. Amazoniac

Amazoniac Member

:handpointup:
    "Rickets is often cited as proof of the need for vitamin D supplementation. However, a review of the metabolic processes involved provides some prospective. Adequate vitamin D is essential to prevent rickets, but adequate calcium is equally important; if either calcium or vitamin D is deficient, bone health suffers. Hypophosphatemia is the common denominator of all rickets; low calcium intake leads to hyperparathyroidism, which leads to high phosphorus excretion and, thus, phosphorus deficiency [44]."

The person might feel a relief from increase in phosphate and decrease in calcium at first, but what's needed is the opposite and working the way up with the slowlies.

6. Amazoniac

Amazoniac Member

7. Wagner83

Wagner83 Member

You're one of the very few people I've seen who learns so much from himself.

8. raypeatclips

raypeatclips Member

I was wondering where you got the 30% topical absorption rate from? I didn't see the studies in the first page of the post? With calcirol released for nearly 6 months now, do you have any theories on what % absorption rate calcirol could be?

9. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

Lol, me or Amazoniac?

10. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

I meant what Peat said when asked about topical absorption of fat-soluble vitamins dissolved in oil. He said he does not know exactly but thinks 25%-30% is about right. The studies with steroids and the SFA ester we use show up to 90% absorption of some steroids and since vitamin D is also a steroid (secosteroid) I was guessing it would have similar absorption profile or at the very least higher than 30%.
    Don't have many lab reports from people but the few that I did get showed vitamin D3 jumping from the low 20s to mid 40s from 5-6 drops daily for a few weeks.

11. Wagner83

Wagner83 Member

I was joking with the fact that He quotes himself a lot.