raypeatclips

I don't think limonene adds that much and this is why we probably won't keep it going forward. It does add a nice smell but I did not see difference on my blood tests with/without limonene.
You should be able to mix the retinil/estroban/calcirol but usually fatty stuff goes better together with other fatty stuff. So, if you are using Retinil palmitate it would go best with EstroBan and if you are using the acetate it would be best mixed with Calcirol. You still use all 3 but I am just saying what goes best with what. Even the mismatched solvents can all be applied at the same time but on different body parts, for optimal effect.

Okay, thanks for the info. Any other absorption enhancers in the works?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Dear Morphostatic, do you think that this is bunk?
Inflammation and vitamin D: the infection connection

The point about infections causing low 25-OH-D and high 1,25-OH-D is probably accurate. As I mentioned many times before, testing 25-OH is probably inadequate to draw conclusions about vitamin D status. It should always be tested with 1,25-OH, PTH, calcium, phosphorus and maybe even WBC, CRP, and ESR.

Amazoniac

:handpointup:
"Rickets is often cited as proof of the need for vitamin D supplementation. However, a review of the metabolic processes involved provides some prospective. Adequate vitamin D is essential to prevent rickets, but adequate calcium is equally important; if either calcium or vitamin D is deficient, bone health suffers. Hypophosphatemia is the common denominator of all rickets; low calcium intake leads to hyperparathyroidism, which leads to high phosphorus excretion and, thus, phosphorus deficiency [44]."

The person might feel a relief from increase in phosphate and decrease in calcium at first, but what's needed is the opposite and working the way up with the slowlies.

Amazoniac

Effects of vitamin C and vitamin D interaction on the performance, immunity, and bone characteristics of commercial broilers

"Vitamin C is reported to reduce plasma corticosterone, a stress hormone, and the heterophil:lymphocyte (H:L) ratio. Sergeev et al. [9] reported first that VC plays a critical role in VD metabolism and binding in guinea pigs. Their study strongly suggested that VC affects the vitamin D endocrine system both at the level of 1,25-dihydroxycholecalciferol [1,25-(OH)2D3] formation in kidneys and its receptor binding in the target tissue. Their further research has demonstrated that in VC-deficient guinea pigs, serum 25-hydroxycholecalciferol (25-OHD3) and receptor concentrations for 1,25-(OH)2D3 in the intestinal mucosa are significantly decreased.
Vitamin C is required for the conversion of VD into its metabolite form calcitrol, which is essential for calcium regulation and the calcification process [10]. Vitamin C is required for hydroxylation of proline residues necessary for the synthesis of procollagen, which is a precursor to bone formation. Vitamin C has been reported to improve leg bone conditions in stressed birds. Because birds synthesize their own VC, the role of exogenous VC is still unclear in collagen synthesis. The conversion of 25(OH)D3 to 1,25(OH)D3 and 24,25(OH)D3 is dependent on the supply of VC [11]. Farquhsarson et al. [12] reported reduced incidence of tibial dyschondroplasia in broilers (40 to 11%) when the diet was supplemented with VC. Supplements of 1,25(OH)D3 completely eliminated tibial dyschondroplasia. In these studies, supplements of ascorbic acid and 1,25(OH)2D3 had the same effect on some key bone resorption marker enzymes."

raypeatclips

I am hoping it will have better topical absorption then the oil-based products but we won't know until people use it and do blood tests. As Peat said, many people who have even a slight overweight condition have trouble raising blood vitamin D levels with oral supplements. So, if the topical absorption of this is way over 30% as studies seem to suggest, then it could be a viable way to raise blood vitamin D levels for many people who struggle with high oral doses vitamin D due to side effects or toxicity symptoms.
As far as irritation, I think topically this should cause none.

I was wondering where you got the 30% topical absorption rate from? I didn't see the studies in the first page of the post? With calcirol released for nearly 6 months now, do you have any theories on what % absorption rate calcirol could be?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I was wondering where you got the 30% topical absorption rate from? I didn't see the studies in the first page of the post? With calcirol released for nearly 6 months now, do you have any theories on what % absorption rate calcirol could be?

I meant what Peat said when asked about topical absorption of fat-soluble vitamins dissolved in oil. He said he does not know exactly but thinks 25%-30% is about right. The studies with steroids and the SFA ester we use show up to 90% absorption of some steroids and since vitamin D is also a steroid (secosteroid) I was guessing it would have similar absorption profile or at the very least higher than 30%.
Don't have many lab reports from people but the few that I did get showed vitamin D3 jumping from the low 20s to mid 40s from 5-6 drops daily for a few weeks.

Amazoniac

https://www.westonaprice.org/health-topics/abcs-of-nutrition/update-on-vitamins-a-and-d/

"Are some people pushing their vitamin D levels too high? Has science proven that the minimal acceptable blood level of vitamin D, in the form of 25(OH)D, is above 50 ng/mL (125 nmol/L)?

The answer is “No.” If you’ve been trying to maintain your levels this high because you thought this was the case, I’m sorry to break the news. There is, on the contrary, good evidence that 25(OH)D levels should be at least 30-35 ng/ mL (75-88 nmol/L). Much higher levels may be better, or they could start causing harm, especially in the absence of adequate vitamins A and K2. Once we leave the land of 30-35 ng/mL, however, we enter the land of speculation."

"the point at which the vitamin D enzymes are saturated and vitamin D “accumulates within the body, both in serum and probably in body fat” is not 40 or 50 ng/mL (100 or 125 nmol/L) but rather 35 ng/mL (88 nmol/L)."

"We [] have some strong support for raising 25(OH)D levels to at least 35 ng/mL (88 nmol/L)."

"What about higher levels? The evidence is conflicting, and some of it indicates possible harm. For example, a study in the American Journal of Medicine published in 2004 found that in Americans aged over fifty, the maximal bone mineral density (BMD) occurs around 32-40 ng/mL (80- 100 nmol/L). Among Mexican Americans, BMD continues to rise a little after this point, but for whites it plateaus and begins dropping off around 45 ng/mL (110 nmol/L) and for blacks it begins dropping off even before 40 ng/mL (100 nmol/L).

If 50 ng/mL (125 nmol/L) is our minimal acceptable level, this study would seem to suggest that those of us who have “acceptable” levels of 25(OH)D would have lower bone mineral density than those of us who are moderately deficient. And that premise just doesn’t make sense."

"Lifeguards in the tropics can reach blood levels in the 50s and 60s naturally from sun exposure, suggesting these levels are “natural,” although lifeguards in Israel have twenty times the rate of kidney stones as the general population."

"Kidney stones may be the most sensitive indicator of vitamin D toxicity and are a symptom of vitamin A and K2 deficiency. Thus, I suspect these levels are healthful in the context of a diet rich in vitamins A and K2, and if my levels were to reach this high in the summer sun while I was eating such a diet, I certainly would not worry.

But if you are trying desperately to maintain year-round 25(OH)D status between 50-80 ng/ mL using vitamin D supplements, you have entered the land of speculation. Enter at your own risk."

B

Braveheart

Great info for those with access to labs...or with the money to pay for labs...what about the millions w no testing?...I know I'll get the pertinent info now?...

Amazoniac

It's a bit blurred but readable.

upload_2018-5-4_9-46-7.png

upload_2018-5-4_9-46-17.png

upload_2018-5-4_9-46-26.png

upload_2018-5-4_9-47-42.png

upload_2018-5-4_9-47-54.png

[24] Magnesium, vitamin D status and mortality: results from US National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES) 2001 to 2006 and NHANES III
[25] The association between serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D3 concentration and risk of disease death in men: modification by magnesium intake
[26] https://academic.oup.com/advances/article/7/1/25/4524034

Lejeboca

I think shoulders and neck are also good areas. Temples are also great, as @GAF found out by himself. The temple area probably benefits the brain more than anything else but still it is a good place to try.

Just wanted to add my 2 cents worth of experience. I am using it on temples 1-2 drops per temple and I've felt an amazing affect: Absence of jet-lag traveling either direction (east/west) from the US; this is in addition to feeling more energy generally, as reported by other users.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Just wanted to add my 2 cents worth of experience. I am using it on temples 1-2 drops per temple and I've felt an amazing affect: Absence of jet-lag traveling either direction (east/west) from the US; this is in addition to feeling more energy generally, as reported by other users.

Excellent, thanks for the feedback! Does it help with allergies? A few people said putting it on their temples stopped their seasonal allergies and sneezing.

Lejeboca

Excellent, thanks for the feedback! Does it help with allergies? A few people said putting it on their temples stopped their seasonal allergies and sneezing.

I don't have seasonal allergies but I do get some mucus and sneezing reactions when handling ivy or rag-weed too much in the yard. I must admit that I felt much less of those this year with calcirol 'on' than last year without (and with no other changes).

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I don't have seasonal allergies but I do get some mucus and sneezing reactions when handling ivy or rag-weed too much in the yard. I must admit that I felt much less of those this year with calcirol 'on' than last year without (and with no other changes).

Nice, thanks for sharing!

jaakkima

The point about infections causing low 25-OH-D and high 1,25-OH-D is probably accurate. As I mentioned many times before, testing 25-OH is probably inadequate to draw conclusions about vitamin D status. It should always be tested with 1,25-OH, PTH, calcium, phosphorus and maybe even WBC, CRP, and ESR.

What results would indicate good Vitamin D status then? As I posted in a previous thread, I suspect I have some stubborn infection(s). I'd been using 10k Calcirol for a few months topically but my 25, hydroxyvitamin D lab actually dropped from 31 to 21 in that time, despite sun and supplementing. I just switched to try orally instead. It makes me feel better using it but maybe I should get more tests. Don't want to do harm, especially given I'm still on a Vitamin K Antagonist.

Last edited:

managing

just used this (one drop, forearm) for the first time this afternoon. Knocked me out for two hours. Woke up with mild left hemisphere headache.

?????????