1. **NEW** BL11 - Orange, Red & Infrared Therapy Body Light
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PL1 - Orange & Red Light Therapy Pod Light
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Calcirol - Liquid Supplement With Vitamin D3

Discussion in 'IdeaLabs' started by haidut, Dec 10, 2017.

1. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

Not bad, if it does not irritate the stomach as malate salts tend to do.

2. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

So, what does that mean? Useless without vitamin D or useless below the doses of vitamin D used.

3. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

Excellent, thanks for the feedback!

4. Amazoniac

Amazoniac Member

Useless within the range that they employ. I suspect that only mk-7 was used (not sure!), and perhaps it would change the whole story if mk-4 was used instead. It's up to the patient to use it or not.
    He says that high doses of vit D have a marked action on calcium deposition but also removal from bones to the point of risking net loss. In practice he found that there are two ways to counteract the loss: brief (30 min) daily exercise, according to him, calcitonin is involved; or the classic bisphosphonates.

Regarding calcium restriction, he comments that it can vary. Some people have to adhere when doses are lower than 10000IU whereas some can handle doses up to 20000IU without needing to restrict. I believe everyone above 20000IU is advised to avoid calcium-rich foods. He claims that doses of at least 7000IU are needed to replete deficiencies in his experience.

5. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

What is the proposed mechanism for vitamin D removing calcium from bones?? AFAIK, vitamin D is one of the few agents known to increase osteocalcin synthesis, which lowers bone resoprtion/turnover and increases osteoblast formation. So, it should have bone building effects regardless of the dose, especially when combined with vitamin K (which also raises osteocalcin).

6. Amazoniac

Amazoniac Member

Zeus, I'm not sure if he ever explained in detail why exactly, if I come across I'll let you know. But from his brief mentions, I think it's because the vit D resistance that some people experience is not generalized, the doses needed in enough amounts for a therapeutic effect can surpass those that are related to calcium regulation, so the effect on calcium deposition from those doses is so strong that the person is at risk of constantly responding to the lowered calcium with its removal from bones.

7. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

Thanks, if you do find his explanation please send. I don't know of a mechanism by which vitamin D will increase calcium deposition so much that it would lead to leeching from the bones to deposit...again in the bones.

8. Amazoniac

Amazoniac Member

No, I mean, if anything, to keep blood levels in range and stable.
    As a related example, he often mentions the risk of excessive PTH suppression to undetectable levels followed by hypercalcemia and kidney damage.