Caffeine, vitamin E, and niacinamide are known to reduce....

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Ray Peat said:
"Caffeine, vitamin E, and niacinamide are known to reduce the activity of heme oxygenase. Sodium bicarbonate taken before strenuous exercise reduces the expression of heme oxygenase and improves endurance. A severe deficiency of vitamin B1 increases the expression of heme oxygenase. Testosterone can restore a youthful balance between heme and heme oxygenase, increasing heme, decreasing heme oxygenase. In newborn animals, D-penicillamine(an amino acid that is fairly safe to use as a heavy metal chelator) has lowered heme oxygenase. Apigenin, a chemical in guavas and oranges, with anti-inflammatory effects, inhibits heme oxygenase. Avoiding exposure to toxic heavy metals, and being in brightly lighted environments as much as possible, well help to avoid unnecessary carbon monoxide formation. "

Source: Hormones, energy, aging, and endogenous carbon dioxide newsletter.

Mittir

Re: Caffeine, vitamin E, and niacinamide are known to reduce

Charlie
How was your experiment with Niacin?

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

I only did it for a couple days, and from what I can tell, it was good. I stopped because I was hoping to get clarification from Ray Peat if niacin was OK compared to niacinamide.

jaguar43

Charlie said:
Ray Peat said:
"Caffeine, vitamin E, and niacinamide are known to reduce the activity of heme oxygenase. Sodium bicarbonate taken before strenuous exercise reduces the expression of heme oxygenase and improves endurance. A severe deficiency of vitamin B1 increases the expression of heme oxygenase. Testosterone can restore a youthful balance between heme and heme oxygenase, increasing heme, decreasing heme oxygenase. In newborn animals, D-penicillamine(an amino acid that is fairly safe to use as a heavy metal chelator) has lowered heme oxygenase. Apigenin, a chemical in guavas and oranges, with anti-inflammatory effects, inhibits heme oxygenase. Avoiding exposure to toxic heavy metals, and being in brightly lighted environments as much as possible, well help to avoid unnecessary carbon monoxide formation. "

Source: Hormones, energy, aging, and endogenous carbon dioxide newsletter.

Is that the most recent newsletter by chance ?

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

jag, this one is March 2013. July is the most recent one.

jaguar43

Charlie said:
jag, this one is March 2013. July is the most recent one.

thanks

saul42

This might be off topic but RP is one of the most humble guys i have met. He has answered several of my emails but when I asked him about his newsletter and subscribing he never responds to that question. I also asked for a consultation but he again provided no details.

Two questions

How Do i subscribe, can I use pay Pal and is there anyway to get back issues of 2013 as they are not posted on his site.

Also how do you set up a consultation. I heard that it costs roughly 70 or 75 for an hour

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide on the topic