Caffeine powder crackdown

Discussion in 'Caffeine' started by Dan Wich, Sep 4, 2015.

1. haidut

haidut Member

Yeah, good point. I am already looking for raw material suppliers in Bulgaria. Shipping to Europe should not be a problem. I think Swanson charges 4.99 euro for Europe packages and it takes 1 week to get to pretty much any country within EU.

2. Such_Saturation

Such_Saturation Member

Yeah, that's the good thing about the free trade union. Admittedly Swanson must be moving some pretty crazy volumes, but something of that magnitude should be approachable price-wise, probably using national posts which aren't bad for small packages like these. Or you could open in Liberland!

3. OP
    Dan Wich

Dan Wich Member

Hey Giraffe, sorry for the delay, I'd overlooked this post. The COA looks good to me, and is similar to other suppliers I've seen.

4. Giraffe

Giraffe Member

Thanks, Dan.

5. tara

tara Member

I missed out on pure caffeine from purebulk - first time I went to order some a few weeks ago. :)
    But they had 20% caffeine mixed with mannitol, so I ordered some of that. I have other powders of theirs mixed with mannitol, too. Any thoughts on mannitol as an excipient? I was guessing it would be relatively benign - it's a kind of sugar, right?

6. OP
    Dan Wich

Dan Wich Member

I don't think I've heard any strong criticisms of mannitol, although I don't know if there's any risks in how it's manufactured.

For everyone's reference, PowderCity still has straight caffeine, I'm not sure how they've escaped the FDA's wrath so far. I'm guessing they're making money hand over fist.

7. DaveFoster

DaveFoster Member

Professional blogger, writer and entrepreneur.
    No kidding. Well done, sir.